Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KCBD TV: Video/pics of the imfamous Coach Mike Leach "Shed"

heyholetsgogrant

It seems the coaches had a problem with the kid's attitude before the incident. The allegations of mistreatment seem exaggerated, but it does seem that they coaches wanted to punish the kid in some minor way. Given the kid had a mild concussion this makes everyone a little more edgy.

But many football coaches to treat their players like ****. I'm sure the college could have fixed this but it seems like some of the administrators were tired of Leach and were happy to escalate it.

I didn't know Adam was the son of Craig James, one of the most awesomest white running backs ever.

And I wish the attorney would quit calling him "the young man" over and over, like the kid is some complete unknown. Makes the attorney sound like an insensitive jack ***

Strange story for sure. There seem to be a lot of sides to this, with the actual truth somewhere in the very muddled middle.

Graham Harrell, the Strength & Conditioning Coach, and a few other members of the program recently have said that basically, Adam is a little spoiled punk who disrespects everyone else on the team and acts like he's entitled to special treatment because of who his father is, and Leach is getting a raw deal and being misunderstood. I've also heard, second-hand, that Craig James is the kind of guy who tries to tell coaches how to do their jobs without being asked for advice, so the stuff about his son is definitely possible if that arrogance runs in the family.

Now one of their sophomore DTs has come out and basically said that the locker room is a lot better without Leach around and what happened to Adam was terrible.

Seems like Texas Tech just wanted an excuse to get rid of Leach ASAP and this was the perfect opportunity.

Locking up someone who just had a concussion for 3 hours is dangerous. People with head injuries need to be monitored and watched. Treating people roughly is part of being a capable coach. Not taking head injuries seriously is dangerous and potentially worthy of being fired, in my opinion...

Plus, Leach sounds like an arrogantm greedy creep, and the administration was looking for any angle to get rif of him.

Locking up someone who just had a concussion for 3 hours is dangerous. People with head injuries need to be monitored and watched. Treating people roughly is part of being a capable coach. Not taking head injuries seriously is dangerous and potentially worthy of being fired, in my opinion...

Leach's attorney said that a trainer and two assistant trainers were checking on James every 12 to 15 minutes.

Still, it sounds like Leach was singling out James for punishment or humiliation because the kid wouldn't or couldn't practice due to the concussion. If that's the case, then even if he didn't endanger the kid, he showed poor judgement singling the kid out.

Not nearly as bad as folks were making it out to be.

Having said that, given the climate in American sports right now, and particularly football in general, regarding concussions, that was just an incredibly stupid thing to do. If you are in a position of leadership, you have to be able to have enough forethought to consider how people are going to react to whatever you're doing if it becomes a story.

Leach's lack of common sense that this would be a negative story is more troubling to me than what he actually did.

My first thought is what's with the apostrophe? My second thought is that this story has sounded made up to me from the beginning. This guy got fired because they didn't want to pay him. Also, what's up with these wimpy football players?

That's right he was asking for your Thought's... it is a contraction like "it's"= "it is" or "that's"= "that is." "Thought's"="Thought is..."

And you justified it in your own response by writing, "...My first thought is what's with the apostrophe? My second thought is that this story has sounded made up to me from the beginning."

;)

Not that I agree with ****ing of players but obviously call the rooms what you want Texas Tech has more appropiate places for a young man with a concussion. (btw WTF is a "mild" concussion"...oxymoron)

there are different grades of concussions. One can certainly have a mild concussion.

http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/neurogram/neurogram1_4_concussion.cfm

decscriptions are half way down the page.

Congrats to Craig James.

He has now ruined two successful college football programs.

SMU & Texas Tech.

:silly:

...and a pro franchise: he was the top draft pick of the USFL Washington Federals, a team that ended up sucking so badly that their own owner compared them to trained gerbils.

Maybe the kid is spoiled, maybe he's not. there are other ways to "embarrass" a kid and this wasn't the way to go about it IMO.

I'm glad some of you are downplaying the fact that it was only a "mild concussion" when I 'm pretty certain that 99.9% of you have never even sustained a "mild concussion."

What Leach did screams arrogance and the fact that he did it to a player that has a well-known father? He should've realized that the repercussions would be greater then if he had done the same to a lesser known player.

Why is it that people are quick to chastise those that stand up for what they believe? What Leach did was wrong. Period.

This is a tough one. As a high school coach, I'd never do something similar to a player. However, I'm betting that James is a spoiled punk and probably deserved to get some special attention. As others have mentioned, I don't think I'd put myself in the position the coach did. But finally, that room was not small at all. I think the spoiled punk is getting the last laugh. Hopefully, the spoiled punk will get his eventually.

This is a tough one. As a high school coach, I'd never do something similar to a player. However, I'm betting that James is a spoiled punk and probably deserved to get some special attention. As others have mentioned, I don't think I'd put myself in the position the coach did. But finally, that room was not small at all. I think the spoiled punk is getting the last laugh. Hopefully, the spoiled punk will get his eventually.

You said "spoiled punk" almost as much as the lawyer said "young man"

Does anybody know what this "young punk's" name really is ??? :(

Archived