Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MYFOXDC: Mike Shanahan is at Redskins Park (EDIT:Redskins have denied it)

SMOSS89

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/sports/mike-shanahan-redskins-121809

WASHINGTON - FOX 5’s Dave Feldman has learned that former NFL coach Mike Shanahan was dropped off at Redskins Park Friday morning around 10:00 a.m.

It is speculated that Shanahan is meeting with Redskins owner Dan Snyder and new GM Bruce Allen to discuss the head coaching position for the 2010 season.

Shanahan led Hall of Fame Quarterback John Elway and the Denver Broncos to back-to-back Super Bowl victories in 1997 and 1998.

Shanahan was fired in December 2008 after the Broncos failed to make the playoffs during the 2008 NFL season

Wow.

Moving very quickly, they may as well just fire Zorn today

I actually agree. It's not how I want things to play out ideally, but come on. Fire Zorn...ask Gray or Blache to assume control for the next 3 games...name Shanahan the coach.

That's the least you can do out of respect for Zorn. He's been a good soldier throughout this crazy season.

Has this been confirmed by anyone else? If it is true my dreams of Chucky, are gone. Say it ain't so..... Shanny would be about 4th on my list after Dungy, Chucky and Cowher. I suppose it is what it is.....

I wouldn't have minded Gruden but Shanny has Jr. waiting in the wings to take over this franchise. We will be setup for a very looong time.:)

Thanks for the breaking news, just confirming what most of the medias are talking about. On the other hand I'm thinking about Jim Zorn, I don't remember a coach being so disrespected by an NFL owner. Emasculated from his play calling duties, and now officially fired (through media reports). I'm just wondering how come Shanahan or any proven valuable coach could sign a contract with Snyder ?

Nice we might be getting Shanahan, but to me this is yet another reflection of what an ass Daniel Snyder is, devoid of social skills in a way that ultimately hurts the organization he owns. You don't have to bring him right into Redskins Park. Meet him anywhere else in the world. What horrid treatment of your existing head coach. Even if everyone knows Zorn is the lamest of ducks, you don't slap the man in the face like that.

Edit: I'll retract this if it turns out Shanahan is being considered for something other than head coach...

Archived