Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MYFOXDC: Mike Shanahan is at Redskins Park (EDIT:Redskins have denied it)

SMOSS89

Watching NFL Network, Adam Scheffter just did a piece where he said (paraphrasing):

"of course the Redskins and Shannahan are talking. Snyder and Mike have a relationship going back a couple of years. They have talked on and off for years. But there is no official offer yet. When and if the time comes (ie fire Zorn) , they will certainly talk more, but at this point, nothing is on the table"...

He could be totally wrong though..

After a minority candidate is interviewed of course.

No offense but I keep seeing these types of posts and you can believe that Snyder has logged his minority candidate interview before today.

It was either Blache or Gray who were interviewed when they were threatening to fire Zorn several weeks ago.

They should just fire Zorn and put him out of his misery. It's no point to keep him around if he's guaranteed to be gone at the end of the season.

I'm really hoping Shanahan comes to the Redskins. It would be even better if Snyder allows him to control the offseason moves...

Don't be surprised if Zorn has already been informed he won't be retained after the years end. These last games are his chance to impress before it's over. It's probably a relief to know the misery is going to end on some level. I'd like to see him have another year with where he wasn't being undermined every step of the way.

No offense but I keep seeing these types of posts and you can believe that Snyder has logged his minority candidate interview before today.

It was either Blache or Gray who were interviewed when they were threatening to fire Zorn several weeks ago.

Or, when they allegedly spoke to Dungy about the VP job, they casually mentioned if he was interested in coaching. Two birds with one stone.

if you're bringing the man to redskin park, just go ahead and fire Zorn already. put the man out of his misery

Agreed. I admit that I haven't been fond of Zorn since the Bengals game last year, but the guy should get a medal, trophy, or a holiday for all of the crap he's been put through.

However, the 3 million he's pocketing every year can ease the pain.

I don't believe this. Something's not right here, like maybe there are some missing facts.

Snyder would be smarter to light up a cigarette at a gas station than to parade Shanahan through Redskins Park. This doesn't fit Snyder's MO.

What's Shanny doing right now anyway? Does he have a temporary media job perhaps? That would make sense if he were here to prepare for Monday night's game. But even if that were true, you couldn't deny the irony.

Don't be surprised if Zorn has already been informed he won't be retained after the years end. These last games are his chance to impress before it's over. It's probably a relief to know the misery is going to end on some level. I'd like to see him have another year with where he wasn't being undermined every step of the way.

but what is he supposed to use to impress?? he doesnt call plays, hes got horrid clock management, and he looks lost on the sidelines constantly.

theres about a 0% chance hes a head coach next year anywhere else.

Archived