Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MYFOXDC: Mike Shanahan is at Redskins Park (EDIT:Redskins have denied it)

SMOSS89

How does MyFOXDC report something like this if they did not see him? I am not saying this is false or not, but the Skins are denying it.

It would not shock me if the Skins are lying to protect themselves, but MyFOXDC should have some sort of photos or video to back there claim up, otherwise they look reallly stupid.

I wonder if maybe what they're setting up is to hire Shanny as team president during the season, but not as HC. I believe this would circumvent them having to a go through the Rooney rule to bring Shanny into the fold asap. That way, Zorn finishes the season, but Shanahan and Allen get a jump on evaluations.

I wonder if maybe what they're setting up is to hire Shanny as team president during the season, but not as HC. I believe this would circumvent them having to a go through the Rooney rule to bring Shanny into the fold asap. That way, Zorn finishes the season, but Shanahan and Allen get a jump on evaluations.

I'd like the creativity. Then, Shanahan and Allen can interview coaches and ultimately "decide" that he's the best one for the job until they groom a younger successor (Kubiak, his son, etc.).

Nobody who actually matters in the NFL will conclude anything about Zorn based on how he "looks on the sidelines"...that stuff is for fans only.

so you can remove that one, hes got horrid clock management skills and his playcalling was so bad he was replaced by a retired bingo caller.

exactly what can zorn do to "prove his worth" over the next 3 games in your opinion?

but what is he supposed to use to impress?? he doesnt call plays, hes got horrid clock management, and he looks lost on the sidelines constantly.

theres about a 0% chance hes a head coach next year anywhere else.

But if Holmgren takes the Cleveland job, I believe he would bring in Zorn as the OC/QB coach. I'm sure Zorn would be a much better OC without the HC duties on his plate.

I honestly do not see a point in doing this before the season ends. Either fire Zorn, set up an interim, and then interview people, or wait til the season's over and fire Zorn then start interviewing. If they really are interviewing before firing Zorn, then Dan has less class than I ever imagined.

All speculation unitl poven otherwise... it could be a ton of different things. I dont hitnk any of the Shanny stuff is true right now. Its so open, that we could even postulate that maybe Shanny is intervewing for an OC position under Zorn... nothing is impossible at this point.

ok this is the way im reading it...and I could be wrong...but hey...who isnt wrong at times...anywho...snyder wants change now...so he hires bruce and fires vinny...tells bruce he wants a legit coach...so they contact shanny...feel that he might be a great fit...see how it goes...i bet he will be hired as the team pres now...if he gets hired now...one...we wont lose him to the cowgirls...two...he can see what is going on with the team now...also...he gets to work with Zorn (shanny pres...zorn head coach) ( I bet snyder would like to keep zorn somehow (OC or something) but it might be tough to do if he plans on hiring shanny as our next head coach without the two working together...so my prediction

Bruce - head of skins football operations

Shanny - pres for the rest of this season (becomes head coach for next season)

Zorn head coach for the rest of season (becomes OC for next season if shanny wants Zorn as part of his coaching staff) I really dont see Zorn staying unless the two get a chance to work together

and ps...I feel bad for Zorn too guys...but the bottom line is...we all wanted change...and with one change comes another change...why bring bruce in here just to keep things the same ( we would get the same results...no?) it all starts from the top...bring in a guy who gains control and respect...and eventually it works its way down

But if Holmgren takes the Cleveland job, I believe he would bring in Zorn as the OC/QB coach. I'm sure Zorn would be a much better OC without the HC duties on his plate.

There is this misconception that he is tight with Holmgren. He's nowhere near as tight with Holmgren as his GB crew (Mariucci, Gruden, Reid, Morningwheg, Rhodes, Jauron etc.)

People on this site just ran with Zorn being a buddy of Holmgren, rather than a former employee.

All speculation unitl poven otherwise... it could be a ton of different things. I dont hitnk any of the Shanny stuff is true right now. Its so open, that we could even postulate that maybe Shanny is intervewing for an OC position under Zorn... nothing is impossible at this point.

there is way too much smoke for there not to be any fire somewhere.

and no one could ever postulate what you wrote, thats beyond laughable, and even you cant believe something that stupid.

Archived