Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A loss today 7-6 is the best thing that could have happen....

gatito

Not to nitpick, but... Barber *did* have 99 yards on 20 carries. Felix Jones added another 49 yards on 10 carries. That they scored no TDs showed our DEF played extremely well, but this was more the best-case scenario of a bend-but-don't-break defense, not a dominating performance. With Haynesworth in there, I think we may have truly dominated.

Cant help but feel the same way. If A. Haynesworth is in there the Dallas running game wouldn't have been nearly what it was and it becomes a game of better field position for us. Then again we can play what ifs all week long.

This ones a tough loss to swallow...

If we had a real head coach we win today... Also where did I say we were close? Close to what. I think we are close. Close to not being one of the worst teams in the NFL. I do not think we are anywhere near being close to the top of the NFL. To be honest the no one in the NFC east is right now. 4 teams playing very flawed football.

I do think we are close to being competitive and that with a better coach who knows what he is doing we are in the mix of a very weak NFC east.

Reality check - Snyder is not going anywhere so it is a waste of time to even talk about him. Time to move on from this subject and talk about things that cam come to pass.

I was rooting for the Skins to win but am not too disappointed that they lost just because of the topic. The last thing we need is a winning streak so that Snyder will think all is well.

We need a new QB, HC and GM. The only way we're going to get them is to continue with our ineptness.

I totally disagree with you. Cleveland has been losing and losing besides one season two years ago. When you lose the players get used it. A losing culture develops. Team stops fighting when things get tough. This loss is a back breaker. I understand we arent good enough to win these games because of our line but these wins at least keep moral high. Everyone knows there will be changes next season already, I'd rather win out then get a better draft pick. This loss wasn't good at all. The team fought hard and I commend them for it.

I'm the farthest thing from a Campbell supporter there is but I cannot deny the fact I was fairly impressed with him today. Most weeks I'm not but given the situations he played well.

It is not about the draft pick. The problem with Cleveland is that the owner has never got it. It took until this year in order to listen to the fans. Snyder will never listen to the fans (except the ones who kiss his butt).

We are screwed for years to come.

Very proud of our guys today. We limped into their home and almost came away with the win. I feel great. Hope we win next week. All the talk about draft picks is a purple cow. Losing is usually bad in the long run. Do not trade your star players for draft picks. That is a fools game. Good luck next week guys!

Proud of a 6-7 loss to the Cowbums?? U feel great?? Draft position would be good for other teams but i guess your right about that with us. We did pass on AP and Ware.

We need a new QB, HC and GM. The only way we're going to get them is to continue with our ineptness.

Agreed, though I would also add RB to the formula. And OL. Haha.

But I agree with your point. The more we lose, the more likely Snyder has to blow it all up. The more we win, the more likely he can pick-and-choose his changes and chalk up this season to bad luck or maybe just one or two bad decisions (like blaming Zorn and/or Campbell).

If things get bad and he is forced to bring in a quality, experienced NFL GM, it's more likely that Snyder'll take -- if not a back seat, at least maybe he'll move over to the passenger seat like he did when Gibbs and Schott were here.

reality check - snyder is not going anywhere so it is a waste of time to even talk about him. Time to move on from this subject and talk about things that cam come to pass.

I was rooting for the skins to win but am not too disappointed that they lost just because of the topic. The last thing we need is a winning streak so that snyder will think all is well.

We need a new qb, hc and gm. The only way we're going to get them is to continue with our ineptness.

qft

QUOTE=UKskin;7038608]why the hell did JC not run the ball he had some much space...Zorn turn the light off when u leave ....

The ball was tipped and intercepted.Now everyone will ask that.If he ran and fumbled everyone like you would be saying why didn't he try to make a throw.It is easy to be critical after the fact in a game where split seconfd decisions are made.Campbell played well .Made some mistakes. Kicker missed a few kicks. It happens. On to next week.

and here is why. It shows that we have the talent to play with the division leader. It shows that even with our 2 best HBs we can still hang. It show that even without our All Pro Multi million $$$$ DT we can still control a game on defense.

What we saw today is all we need to see. It is the little things. It is the small details that prevent us from winning. It is in a word "coaching". It is Jim Zorn.

If we have someone at the helm with a "feel" for the game. Someone who understands when to push forward when to protect. When to be aggressive and when the relax. Zorn does not understand any of these things. He makes wrong decision almost everytime.

He is the reason we lose. He is the reason we are what we are. I am glad we lost today so that this game can serve as a perfect illustration of his short comings.

We were not going to make the playoffs even with a win. Its better we lose and we get a better draft position.

Jim Zorn and his lack of leadership and "feel" for the game of football reared its ugly head today and I cannot say I am sorry about it.

You are what your record says you are.

****ing nevermind!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please.

With the exception of 1999, 2005, and to a lesser extent 2007, this team has been losing since 1993 and there has been no change in the Snyder Era.

So miss me with this "losing is good" trash; we've made no improvements at all.

It's also about HOW we lose. In 2004, we were 6-10, but I liked that team. I felt it had heart and I had (a reasonable) hope for the future. Whatever this years record will be, I feel this team is more pathetic than any Redskins team I can remember. I don't remember feeling this bad about the Redskins even when they were 3-13.

we need to keep jason campbell. he is a very good qb. we have some young weapons now all we need is some o line dept.

Is that you Jason???? Seriosuly I don't think Jason is a bad QB, but come on man..JC is not a very good QB either...

Sometimes I think our fan base is just as stupid as our front office and both deserve each other.

The best thing that could've happened today is us winning the damn game! We can still make all the mistakes we made, and still win the game and work to fix the kinks. Losing just sucks, it doesn't build confidence, and it leads to drastic often unnecesarry decisions. We suck, even the homers get it, but winning always helps more then it hurts, I don't give a damn what the situation is.

You're not a redskins fan if you're rooting for us to lose. I don't care who you are or what you're reason.

We cannot blame the head coach for all of our problems on both sides of the ball. Its about our players executing. Today the defense played so well and were on the field for a long long time. At least the players have not quit. Will most fans keep going to the home games or will fans be dumping their tickets week after week?

2005 wasn't bad at all.

And while this loss is ultimately what's best, it's still a loss to the ****ing Cowboys.

That trumps EVERYTHING right now.

2005 wasn't bad? What team were you watching? The Redskins didn't even have a touchdown until they played Dallas in Dallas in week 2 with 4 mins left in the game that year. We struggled all year long in the red zone. Brunell was mediocre at best. Portis and the running game carried that team into the playoffs. They struggled all year until Portis helped to open up the passing game late in the year. When they got to the playoffs, Tampa shut the offense down, and in Seattle the Redskins scored 10 points. The 2005 team was not a playoff team. They barely got in and had to win five straight to do so. But, people are so used to this franchise sucking under Snyder that a mediocre team seems like a juggernaut.

The ball was tipped and intercepted.Now everyone will ask that.If he ran and fumbled everyone like you would be saying why didn't he try to make a throw.It is easy to be critical after the fact in a game where split seconfd decisions are made.Campbell played well .Made some mistakes. Kicker missed a few kicks. It happens. On to next week.

Pretty much. Or if he ran and didn't get yards it would have been "Why the hell did he do that? See? Jason can't find the open receiver". He did find an open receiver but a guy got a hand up and it got tipped. It isn't like he pulled a Cutler or something and just started throwing it right to opposing players. He was trying to make a play and someone got a piece of the ball. Campbell played pretty well today, especially considering the kind of pressure they were getting on him all night long. Romo sits to pee didn't play especially well, but when he needed time to make a play when it was goal to go he got that time...about 10 seconds of it just standing there letting guys run around in the end zone until someone was open enough.

2005 wasn't bad? What team were you watching? The Redskins didn't even have a touchdown until they played Dallas in Dallas in week 2 with 4 mins left in the game that year. We struggled all year long in the red zone. Brunell was mediocre at best. Portis and the running game carried that team into the playoffs. They struggled all year until Portis helped to open up the passing game late in the year. When they got to the playoffs, Tampa shut the offense down, and in Seattle the Redskins scored 10 points. The 2005 team was not a playoff team. They barely got in and had to win five straight to do so. But, people are so used to this franchise sucking under Snyder that a mediocre team seems like a juggernaut.

Uh, Moss set our receiving record and Portis set our rushing record with Brunell having 23 touch downs to 10 interceptions. Our offseason was ruined by a, guess!, destroyed line.

I think that you need to re-check the season.

The best thing that could've happened today is us winning the damn game! We can still make all the mistakes we made, and still win the game and work to fix the kinks. Losing just sucks, it doesn't build confidence, and it leads to drastic often unnecesarry decisions. We suck, even the homers get it, but winning always helps more then it hurts, I don't give a damn what the situation is.

You're not a redskins fan if you're rooting for us to lose. I don't care who you are or what you're reason.

sounds about right.

I hate losing

I hate losing to Dallass about 1000x more. Suisham making one of those filed goals and a 9-7 win would have been much, much better. Sigh.

Archived