Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A loss today 7-6 is the best thing that could have happen....

gatito

The "intangibles" that make a winning franchise successful hasn't been coached here in many years...even Gibbs 2.0 couldn't get it taught to the current players....

We just do not have the "know how' to win and be successful! Yes the sun shines on a dogs butt once in a blue moon, but not with enough regularity!!!

sounds about right.

I hate losing

I hate losing to Dallass about 1000x more. Suisham making one of those filed goals and a 9-7 win would have been much, much better. Sigh.

And in the long run what would that win have gotten us besides a worse draft pick?

Who cares about draft picks right now? I sure as hell care more about beating Dallas than being upset about drafting 9th instead of 5th.

That is a perfect example of the type of short term thinking that has helped get this franchise to a current record of 3-7. Is that you Dan? Vinny?

That is a perfect example of the type of short term thinking that has helped get this franchise to a current record of 3-7. Is that you Dan? Vinny?

I don't know about you, but I HATE when the Redskins lose. To hell with this offseason. Like I said, beating Dallas > 4 or 5 lower spots in the draft. Some people want the Skins to lose out yet ***** and moan when they lose close games because they should have won. WTF!

I don't know about you, but I HATE when the Redskins lose. To hell with this offseason. Like I said, beating Dallas > 4 or 5 lower spots in the draft. Some people want the Skins to lose out yet ***** and moan when they lose close games because they should have won. WTF!

I don't like to lose but I personally love the message that this game sends. We do not know how to win. We do not have a coach who knows how to win these types of games. If you can't win a game you dominate then you are not going to win many games.

With all the injuries we were still right there but did not the necessary juice to win the game. IMHO you can point to 3 or 4 COACHING decisions that put us in a position to lose not win.

Why can't -Jason Campbell throw the ball BEFORE the receiver has stopped/turned/open?

Has he ever thrown a fade into the corner of the end-zone anticipating that a receiver will be there? One one play - of course he held up and got sacked - Kelly was running into the corner - and if the ball was lobbed up there he could make the play.

Why can't -Jason Campbell throw the ball BEFORE the receiver has stopped/turned/open?

Has he ever thrown a fade into the corner of the end-zone anticipating that a receiver will be there? One one play - of course he held up and got sacked - Kelly was running into the corner - and if the ball was lobbed up there he could make the play.

He is looking for the open receiver and there are no "open" receivers in the NFL. There is space. JC does not see space.

and here is why. It shows that we have the talent to play with the division leader. It shows that even with our 2 best HBs we can still hang. It show that even without our All Pro Multi million $$$$ DT we can still control a game on defense.

What we saw today is all we need to see. It is the little things. It is the small details that prevent us from winning. It is in a word "coaching". It is Jim Zorn.

If we have someone at the helm with a "feel" for the game. Someone who understands when to push forward when to protect. When to be aggressive and when the relax. Zorn does not understand any of these things. He makes wrong decision almost everytime.

He is the reason we lose. He is the reason we are what we are. I am glad we lost today so that this game can serve as a perfect illustration of his short comings.

We were not going to make the playoffs even with a win. Its better we lose and we get a better draft position.

Jim Zorn and his lack of leadership and "feel" for the game of football reared its ugly head today and I cannot say I am sorry about it.

You are what your record says you are.

This post is wrong on so many levels.:doh::doh::doh:

Do you really think this team is very talented? Do you REALLY think that?

This is why I don't think Snyder does anything, because there's still a dellusional part of the fanbase that just thinks "if we just do THIS we're gonna be contenders". You hear it all over the boards after a win or a close loss. It's so embarrassing.

This is why I don't think Snyder does anything, because there's still a dellusional part of the fanbase that just thinks "if we just do THIS we're gonna be contenders". You hear it all over the boards after a win or a close loss. It's so embarrassing.

No we are not elite when it comes to talent but we are a hell of a lot better than 3-7. If we had a real ****ing coach we would not have lost to the Lions & the Chiefs the way we did.

We would be right in the mix with all the other mediocre teams in the NFC east.

True. The reason Vinny has found so many of our starters, is that 24 players have to start. (11 on offense/defense + punter/kicker). Our team sucks. We are LESS talented than other teams.

We have Sherman Lewis and all of a sudden we are better? You saw it today. It's not the playcalling. It's not Zorn. It starts in the Front Office.

Fire Vinny, hire someone GREAT to re-structure the organization to be condusive to WINNING.

Yes, because we all know the Sherm's play calling saved the day, right? especially that fiasco at the end of the first half. I agree, Zorn should be canned at the end of the year, but you absolutely cannot put this loss on him at all. The finger should be pointing at the Bingo man

haven't I heard zorn say before he does a lot of the calling in the 2 min drill. Well end of the first half would be in zorn.

and here is why. It shows that we have the talent to play with the division leader. It shows that even with our 2 best HBs we can still hang. It show that even without our All Pro Multi million $$$$ DT we can still control a game on defense.

What we saw today is all we need to see. It is the little things. It is the small details that prevent us from winning. It is in a word "coaching". It is Jim Zorn.

If we have someone at the helm with a "feel" for the game. Someone who understands when to push forward when to protect. When to be aggressive and when the relax. Zorn does not understand any of these things. He makes wrong decision almost everytime.

He is the reason we lose. He is the reason we are what we are. I am glad we lost today so that this game can serve as a perfect illustration of his short comings.

We were not going to make the playoffs even with a win. Its better we lose and we get a better draft position.

Jim Zorn and his lack of leadership and "feel" for the game of football reared its ugly head today and I cannot say I am sorry about it.

You are what your record says you are.

Wait a minute. You mean that Campbell and the offense can play very well (minus scoring a lot of points) without everything else being perfect (i.e. 1st and 2nd string RB out of the game)? How can that be possible?

He is looking for the open receiver and there are no "open" receivers in the NFL. There is space. JC does not see space.

On the money. I've tried to support JC, but this season has made it clear that he's not good. The problem with this team are JC and the coaching staff. Poor vision, anticipation, accuracy and decision making by the QB. Poor decision making by the head coach. Lack of aggression by the defensive coordinator. Today, I saw that our defense can dominate when the calls are aggressive. It's swiss cheese when passive.

No one can blame our O-line today. Yes there was some pressure, but only when Dallas brought the house. In those situations, Campbell got nailed for two reasons, failure to adjust pre-snap and holding the ball too long. He was sacked once and it was not Levi's fault. He had Ware on the ground and Campbell missed the outlet to Rock. Our young WRs made plays when they got the ball. The problem is that JC doesn't get them the ball.

Let's get a good QB, a HC that knows how to manage a team, an OC that isn't predictable, and an aggressive DC. If we get the QB and coaching staff right, we have the pieces to be a legitimate contender (plus add a solid starter on the O-line and some improved line depth).

The whole concept of picking earlier in the draft by sucking, is negated by the fact that the earlier the pick, the lesser the value.

Teams don't really benefit by picking early like you think they would.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80fa1d95&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

and...

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/22/is-the-top-nfl-draft-pick-a-penalty/

there's more...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/230090-who-wants-to-take-a-bullet-anybody-pop

If you look further into it, there doesn't appear to be much good in drafting earlier.

The Pats certainly aren't hurt by constantly picking last or near last.

My feeling is that what you are saying is nothing more than someone else's idea being passed down the pike and smacking people in the forehead.

This team is way more talented than 3-7. If things would've happened that way that they should've, say with Gibbs as coach, we'd be 7-3 or 8-2. Defensively, the Skins are #1 against the pass. With no major injuries no one can run on them. There is far too much talent on this team to be this bad. M.

I'm done with the JC experiment. In the last 4 years the ONLY time I have felt good about this team was when Collins took us to the playoffs and saved our 07 season. I have NO DOUBT that if Gibbs returned in 08, Collins would of had the starting position, and rightfully earned.

Lets give collins the chance to finish the season and move on.

My biggest worry is that Vinny is able to sell this year as bad luck...and not overall his fault.

I know there is only so much depth you can have. But way before today, he should have been fired.

Yep Zorn is going to get thrown under the bus...notice how Larry Michael has been saying so many good things about Vinny lately...bet anything that comes from Dan directly to get the fans thinking maybe Vinny is doing a good job and he should be back next year.

Not buying it....Vinny needs to be gone. :doh:

This loss shows nothing more than the fact that the Skins can't beat the Cowboys even when the Boys play their worst game of the year. Take off the blinders and take the loss as nothing more than the simple fact that the Skins aren't good enough to compete with 99% of the teams in the league even when the game is virtually handed to them.

Archived