Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A loss today 7-6 is the best thing that could have happen....

gatito

Very proud of our guys today. We limped into their home and almost came away with the win. I feel great. Hope we win next week. All the talk about draft picks is a purple cow. Losing is usually bad in the long run. Do not trade your star players for draft picks. That is a fools game. Good luck next week guys!

I agree with warhead, we don't really have talent. We have a compilation of players that other teams would call "roleplayers" but we use them as starters.

WRs-Moss/ARE are roleplayers at best.

Oline-Prolly in the bottom of the league.

QB- Our 2 QBs on the roster are backups at best.

TE- Fairly solid, lacking a little in some areas but fairly solid

FB- Roleplayer at best, better days behind him

Rbs- 1 starter thats prolly over the hill, 2 backups, cut ties with Betts and Portis, keep Rock as a roleplayer

Talent is a funny word tho, every player in the NFL has "talent" but we just have some of the worse talent. Real playmakers will find a way to make plays at least SOMETIMES, ours absolutely do not.

I have been drinking Dead Guy Ale, Purple Haze and Victory IPA.... no PBR too early in the day for PBR.

Zorns lack of "football knowledge" and "feel" for the flow of the game is all over this loss. If you do not see it then maybe you are the one that had too much piss water today.

He sets the tone. He says kick the FG with 15 seconds left in the game. He sucks.

Your beer choice sucks, but your logic doesn't.

The blind homers will never believe that losing is the best thing for the health of this franchise. At least the Cleveland faithful realize this.

We need to lose and lose badly in order to get real change in this franchise. We are inept, we are useless, we are a joke. We need to get sick in order to get better. I said this at 12:59, and I say this at 4:15.

I totally disagree with you. Cleveland has been losing and losing besides one season two years ago. When you lose the players get used it. A losing culture develops. Team stops fighting when things get tough. This loss is a back breaker. I understand we arent good enough to win these games because of our line but these wins at least keep moral high. Everyone knows there will be changes next season already, I'd rather win out then get a better draft pick. This loss wasn't good at all. The team fought hard and I commend them for it.

I'm the farthest thing from a Campbell supporter there is but I cannot deny the fact I was fairly impressed with him today. Most weeks I'm not but given the situations he played well.

Our defense was missing it's best player, a beast DT named Haynes, and we still dominated on defense.

Not to nitpick, but... Barber *did* have 99 yards on 20 carries. Felix Jones added another 49 yards on 10 carries. That they scored no TDs showed our DEF played extremely well, but this was more the best-case scenario of a bend-but-don't-break defense, not a dominating performance. With Haynesworth in there, I think we may have truly dominated.

Not to nitpick, but... Barber *did* have 99 yards on 20 carries. Felix Jones added another 49 yards on 10 carries. That they scored no TDs showed our DEF played extremely well, but this was more the best-case scenario of a bend-but-don't-break defense, not a dominating performance. With Haynesworth in there, I think we may have truly dominated.

Since when is a 4.9 yard average playing extremely well?

We sucked when it mattered, as per usual, as per always.

So our OL is not part of the problem? So Campbell (while he played OK today I will admit) is not part of the problem? So the GM, Vinny Cerrato, is not part of the problem by failing miserably to assemble an offense that hasn't scored more than 17 points but maybe three times in the last two years? Get real. Zorn is bad, but he's only the beginning of our problems. That's the problem with staying close. It fools people into thinking we are one guy away from being a winning team.

Since when is a 4.9 yard average playing extremely well?

We sucked when it mattered, as per usual, as per always.

Did you see what I wrote?

I wrote that if you dominate a team, you don't allow a 4.9 average. So I don't know why you're acting like I'm excited about our defense allowing 4.9.

I also wrote that holding them to only one TD, which came in the last four minutes of a game, is a very good showing for a defense -- especially on top of getting the Dallas offense off the field time after time and giving our offense more opportunities (despite the 4.9). That's a win most weeks, for most NFL teams.

Should we have to expect our DEF to hold the opponent to ZERO for us to say they played well?

I will take that defensive performance all 16 games. With an average offense, that team is going to win 12+ games.

Archived