Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Honestly, We Should Cut Landry

WizSkinsO's

To speak of Taylor and landry in the same sentence is to speak of the difference between night and day.

Taylor could have been one of the greatest, landry should be a bench player.

Amen.

It's laughable that some people try and compare Landry to Taylor.

Seriously, some people need to go back and rewatch Sean's rookie season and then get back to me and let me know if they've seen even 50 percent of that talent or ability from Landry in the the 3 years he's been here.

Kareem Moore should be starting. To me this game showed us the true folly in our team, the egos of star players. Notice how much more explosive our offense became when we put in HUNGRY players that are all about the team: Marko Mitchell, Rock Cartwright, Ladell Betts, Reed Doughty, Brian Orakpo. These are TEAM players and are fundamentally sound.

Landry is clearly playing out of position, but just as clearly, he's mailing it in now. Whether we should trade him or not, this man should not be on the field for the next few weeks.

Oh yeah? Who are we going to put in for him? Who do we put in that can cover the field like landry can? Has anyone ever thought about the fact that besides London our other two backers get very little production? maybe because they dont make the plays early on our safeties are left out to dry? the funny thing is i dont take this board to seriously anymore after we had people saying things like "horton is turning into an all pro safety".....we cut landry and then we have no1 to replace him ive said it and ill say it again leave the defense how it is get a DC who can get more out of his core defensive players then what blatche can and blow the offense the heck up. We talk about Landry like hes some scrub off the street but please look at our top 3 tacklers for the game today....all our safeties 37 48 and 30 had 6 tackles each.....yet our backers have a combined 8 tackles for the times landry is out of position....where the hell are the backers who should be making the play????

remember what he did with greg williams was his coach?

Don't worry some of these posters will get their wish and then ***** and complain about Synder not keeping him. Ya'll can't have it both ways. What Landry needed was Gregg Williams not only coaching him up,but also getting in his face when he made poor decisions.

Maybe Jerry Gray becoming the D coordinator may change things.

Who knows??

*fingers crossed*

Oh yeah? Who are we going to put in for him? Who do we put in that can cover the field like landry can? Has anyone ever thought about the fact that besides London our other two backers get very little production? maybe because they dont make the plays early on our safeties are left out to dry? the funny thing is i dont take this board to seriously anymore after we had people saying things like "horton is turning into an all pro safety".....we cut landry and then we have no1 to replace him ive said it and ill say it again leave the defense how it is get a DC who can get more out of his core defensive players then what blatche can and blow the offense the heck up. We talk about Landry like hes some scrub off the street but please look at our top 3 tacklers for the game today....all our safeties 37 48 and 30 had 6 tackles each.....yet our backers have a combined 8 tackles for the times landry is out of position....where the hell are the backers who should be making the play????

Just to be clear, I did not advocate cutting him. As for who can cover like Landry can, pretty much anyone on the team can. Why? Because Landry has packed it in - he wasn't even trying out there. He flat out NEEDS to be benched, whether or not we have other starters. The only way the guy improves is to show him consequences for his actions. But in answer to your question, you start Horton at SS and Doughty at FS. At least Doughty knows how to tackle, and more importantly, still seems to care.

theres nothing in his contract that says that.

I didn't mean that literally, as if there's a clause that says Portis must be our starting RB and get so many touches each week.

My point is they have kept on restructuring and backloading clint's contract so that the cap hit for trading/releasing him would be gargantuan.

Just to be clear, I did not advocate cutting him. As for who can cover like Landry can, pretty much anyone on the team can. Why? Because Landry has packed it in - he wasn't even trying out there. He flat out NEEDS to be benched, whether or not we have other starters. The only way the guy improves is to show him consequences for his actions. But in answer to your question, you start Horton at SS and Doughty at FS. At least Doughty knows how to tackle, and more importantly, still seems to care.

we might get a bit better against the run with both those guys starting and landry not in there but we would get torched in the passing game neither of these guys are decent coverage guys they just dont have the speed to do it...i wasnt trying to be hostile toward you just wondering what your answer was to the problem it might work but i dont see it working to the least bit just because ive seen how good these guys are in coverage and they are not good at all when it comes to that phase of the game.

LMAO at all these clowns saying he is playing out of position- if your top 5 DB can't play FS or cover and can only play in the box then you are a terrible evaluator of talent, right? I mean come on!? How hard is it to find a guy who is a sure tackler in the box? You spend a top 5 pick on a game changer.

I don't think we should cut him, but If we could get a 2nd rounder I'd do it in a second. Put Moore at FS, there will be some drop off, but next year a 2nd rounder would do wonders- ie a starting caliber G.

Oh yeah? Who are we going to put in for him? Who do we put in that can cover the field like landry can?

I would like to know as well. Because whoever "he" is,he damn sure ain't on the team.Which means we'd have to draft or sign someone to take his place.When we NEED every draft pick ,every free agent signing ON OFFENSE. Some of you talk about the front office you all don't know what the hell to do anymore than Vinny or Dan.

the funny thing is i dont take this board to seriously anymore after we had people saying things like "horton is turning into an all pro safety".....we cut landry and then we have no1 to replace him ive said it and ill say it again leave the defense how it is get a DC who can get more out of his core defensive players then what blatche can and blow the offense the heck up.

Absol-freaking-lutely I love Horton,Doughty and Moore but they CAN NOT and DO NOT do what Landry does. They have talent but not enough to make up for losing Landry.

we might get a bit better against the run with both those guys starting and landry not in there but we would get torched in the passing game neither of these guys are decent coverage guys they just dont have the speed to do it...i wasnt trying to be hostile toward you just wondering what your answer was to the problem it might work but i dont see it working to the least bit just because ive seen how good these guys are in coverage and they are not good at all when it comes to that phase of the game.

Well the point is, neither is Landry. Worse, Landry doesn't seem to know how to tackle. Doughty would be an upgrade there.

Well the point is, neither is Landry. Worse, Landry doesn't seem to know how to tackle. Doughty would be an upgrade there.

lol landry is bad in coverage too now??? lol how many deep balls or third down plays has he given up and how often do qb's look his way when throwing the ball????? Doughty would be an upgrade???? how prove it?

Archived