Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Honestly, We Should Cut Landry

WizSkinsO's

He should be playing SS. That is where he is suited. When he and ST were back there, he was the SS. That would have been a damn good safety duo for the next decade, but he had to move and has been playing out of position ever since. He may have 4.3 speed but he takes too many bad angles in the open field. If he was in the box blowing up plays it he would not have to make open field tackles and such.

I dont think we should trade him just find a way to get him at SS.

The guy who said the coaching is the problem said it best but again this is a top 5 defense with Landry and we aren't gonna do ourselves any good by cutting or trading a guy we would need to spend a pick on to replace.

Fix the friggin Offense and we wouldn't be relying on our defense to make plays week after week. The whole offense needs to be re tooled in the offseason, let's start there and worry about the defense another day.

ES Fails at posting the right posts, lol

Either way, I think that Landry, and the whole D for that matter, NEEDS a coach like GW to come in here and rattle their cages a little bit, because they just aren't playing up to what they're capable of. It's just unacceptable that the current state of this is the status quo for this defense right now.

I don't know too much about Jerry Gray, but there seems to be a lot of people that like him on these boards. Can someone direct me to a good place to find info on him or just straight give me some good info on him? I'm interested.

Hail.

Id rather find a coach that devolped his defense around the players he has than have the players adapt to the defense 06 was a horrible year all around and it showed a lot obout GW

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=24833&pcid=46

Overall: I believe there are three can’t-miss prospects in this draft: Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson and Landry.

1 Oakland Raiders JaMarcus Russell Quarterback LSU

2 Detroit Lions Dayhandler, NickCalvin Johnson Wide Receiver Georgia Tech

3 Cleveland Browns Joe Thomas† Offensive Tackle Wisconsin

4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Adams, GainesGaines Adams Defensive End Clemson

5 Arizona Cardinals Brown, LeviLevi Brown Offensive Tackle Penn State

6 Washington Redskins Landry, LaRonLaRon Landry Safety LSU

7 Minnesota Vikings Peterson, AdrianAdrian Peterson† Running back Oklahoma

8 Atlanta Falcons (from Houston) [9] Anderson, JamaalJamaal Anderson Defensive End Arkansas

9 Miami Dolphins Ginn, Jr., TedTed Ginn, Jr. Wide Receiver Ohio State

10 Houston Texans (from Atlanta) [9] Okoye, AmobiAmobi Okoye Defensive Tackle Louisville

Wasn't he another Gibbs draft pick? Along with Campbell and Rodgers? Trading Champ and a pick for Portis? Letting AP go. Letting Ryan go. And all the other horrible moves that Gibbs did that is killing this team. Oh yea, don't forget TJ Duckett for picks. Brandon Llyod and Adam Archuletta too

I love Gibbs the coach and the man, but the talent evaluator is horrible. You are correct, LL was drafted when Gibbs made all the decisions, and this really falls on him and GW. This is why I did not want Gibbs to return as team president.

Just play him at his natural position...SS? is that right? let him play that the rest of the season. otherwise trade him cuz he sucks right now.

For the most part, his problem is that he's afraid to tackle TEs and RBs head on. Moving him to SS isn't going to help him. And he plays like a small guy so covering TEs will be a problem for him also.

Play him at strong we are idiots he is wasting away at FS. A much bigger problem is our DE's playing Sam getting abused. And biggest problem is our soft as butter scheme.

Its a miracle we got one INT today (a gift into triple coverage). Maybe one sack. Blache's scheme had our offense playing catchup all day, pretty much like every week. They give up a back breaker long score. Every week. 1st Quarter.

Move LL to SS Move Rak to DE Go Cobra and blitz most every play. We would dominate.

For the most part, his problem is that he's afraid to tackle TEs and RBs head on. Moving him to SS isn't going to help him. And he plays like a small guy so covering TEs will be a problem for him also.

i think anybody would have problems if the guy gets a 30 yard running start only sean taylor had that type of range. landry is a short range aggressive safety or strong safety

He was scared to get trucked by Turner.

You can't have a safety afraid to GET hit. Especially since he's always tryin to land the big hit. And missing...

He should be benched. I think he's physically talented, I can't speak for his brains though. Not a good guy to cut though. Maybe he's trying to "replace" ST but he's just not ST.

We're stuck with him this year, guys.

I don't even know the cap ramifications of cutting him would be.

The trading deadline is long gone for this year.

Just another Snyder screwup. Way to boost your secondary before boosting other areas of need. "After the guy gets downfield, we'll have the best players available tackling them." Really smart.

We could have had Adrian Peterson instead of Landry

But wait everyone woulda screamed we have PORTIS!!!

Then again I give Landry Props today for going after Matt Ryan, If the Qb doesn't want to get hit like that maybe he should run outa bounds just a bit sooner...

Archived