Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Honestly, We Should Cut Landry

WizSkinsO's

Landry has become one of my least liked Redskins that I can ever remember. This guy is so over-rated it's not even funny.

People keep bringing up his missed tackles, but how many more bad angles can a guy take before being benched?

People used to bring up the fact that he plays 20 yds off the LOS and prevents big plays. Well, the big plays are starting to pile up on our defense.

He has made no impact on this team and he's a punk on and off the field. He's one player a wouldn't miss if he were shown the door.

Honestly....................... No...........we keep Landry.

We need a coach that coaches to his talent and will quit dumming him down.

Now that's my opinion.

Are you blind. He can't make fundamental football plays. Were not talking ballhawking INT's. Landry can't cover, he cant tackle and he has a knack for drawing the dumb penatly. I get that the guy looks like a beast, but he is static his game is terrible. Now we have a glaring hole at safety.

He took one wrong angle, and whiffed on a hit. Otherwise you never hear his name. Why? Because QB's really don't ever test him. All the deep balls that a safety have been involved in have been Dougthy and Horton. By the end of the season you all will be blasting Fletcher for a mistake too probably. Washington doesn't have armchair QB's, we have armchair GMs.

He took one wrong angle, and whiffed on a hit. Otherwise you never hear his name. Why? Because QB's really don't ever test him. All the deep balls that a safety have been involved in have been Dougthy and Horton. By the end of the season you all will be blasting Fletcher for a mistake too probably. Washington doesn't have armchair QB's, we have armchair GMs.

I agree and people still feel he cant cover, also how come nobody complains that our linebackers rarely make big plays? Besides london our outside backers often take terrible angles and dont stuff holes so running backs get through (look at 52 on the long Turner run yesterday in the second half he goes directly behind andre carter and totaly gets faked out by the cut back..) and our safeties and Cb's have to make the play on them. How is it that landry is the worst tackler ever but he has 45 tackles which comparing with just our rival teams Free Safeties its 10 more then FS Ken Hamlin for the pukes and like 20 more then the FS for the eagles Macho Harris and Quinton Demps combined Also 13 more tackles then Michael Johnson of the Giants (Hamlin has 0 sacks 0 ints Demps has 0 sacks one int Harris 0 sacks 0 ints Johnson 0 sacks 1 int). Not to mention where are we going to find a guy who can continually hold is position without missing significant time?? He hasnt missed a game for 2.5 seasons but yes lets trade him...so we have another hole to fill and have to end up using a draft pick which we coulda used to draft a guard/center/tackle on a safety......:doh:

I'm Laron Landry - good thing my vision's fine.

So I can see the play from 30 yards behind the line.

Season ticket holders got a better view than me.

My momma wonders why I'm not on TV.

But I play the safety spot like a badass rover.

Knocking out receivers when the play is over.

I separated Plax from his lid and do-rag.

(Why'd that damn zebra have to throw that flag?)

So call me Laron Laundry - that's my take.

Cuz that's what the refs throw every hit I make.

How am I s'posed to show punks my toughness

When every other play they call unnecessary roughness?

Its tough for me to say trade him because in coverage he is excellent compared to most safeties. His over pursuit of the ball is quite annoying though.

I blame him for those plays yesterday, but at the same time if a FS has to continuously tackle deep in the run, you've got bigger problems at DE and LB. People don't want to hear that but they're not playing the run any better than landry

ive been saying trade him for the past 2 years. We have to do it soon or else his value will keep going down the more people watch him. Right now we can still get a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. We shouldnt outright cut him but we do need to trade him asap.

his value?? I think the cat is out of the bag on that one

I think he's just one of those players that is permanently a LOSER. He doesn't know how to play the game. He plays without a brain' date=' tries to kill every player, and has no clue how to tackle. How can you win with a safety like that?

You can't. And that's why I hope that once we get an FO that knows what they're doing, they'll realize Landry is a massive bust and trade him for a mid-round pick or cut him loose. He absolutely sucks.[/quote']

AMEN. That guy sucks. So does Carlos Rogers. Both need to GO.

Not Laron's fault he's a SS playing FS. These coaches didn't even consider instincts being important for safety positions. Laron playing SS would be as good as it gets, but thanks to our loser coaches, he's playing the wrong position and looking like crap.

That has nothing to do with missing easy tackles. If anything as an SS playing free he should excell at that. Also please explain the bull**** personal foul late hits?

cut everyone and start over. I hate these ass clowns that wear our colors. The antics, the attitudes, the ineptness. I am not a fan of this team anymore. I am a fan of the jersies they wear and they do not deserve t wear them.

I would like to see some youngers guys getting more playing time to see who wants to be here next year. Many of the current asshat starters have quit.

Stems back to when we let go of Stephen Davis, he went on the help the panthers get to the superbowl, we ended up having to trade away champ bailey for Portis since we needed a back, then we ended up having to draft a replacement for Champ.
hind sight is always 20/20

The point of the hindsight is that there needs to be accountability and a lesson learned. This is a prime example of why we need a real GM, poor personnel decisions have such a huge impact on who you pick/do not pick not only in the next draft, but in many many drafts to come.

Wouldn't shed a tear.

If you read between the lines a bit, Landry is not a professional. I could go as far to say a team cancer, but I think its more a guy who doesn't give a ****.

hes an extremely talented guy in the wrong system with a poor attitude. coupled with a horrid season that makes him look 100x worse.

we get a guy like gruden in here that would flip out at him i bet we'd see a much better and more focused laron.

our coaching staff is so lackluster i sometimes wonder if our players even care that theyre making mistakes. its like theyre never held responsible for their bad plays.

We hear talk of how all of our 2nd rounders from last year, Thomas, Kelly and Davis are busts, but none of these guys are a bigger bust that Landry. Wasn't he a top 5 pick? Wasn't Blache talking about getting Landry ready for the Pro Bowl in camp?

He sucks badly, and I've been saying it all year. He tries to launch himself like a heat seeking missile, but he usually just wiffs. He hardly ever wraps up, maybe 10% of the time. It's clear that he wants to be known as a big hitter like Sean Taylor was, but a Sean Taylor he will never be, no , not even close.

I cant understand why he's regressed so much this season. Thats been the biggest shock of the season to me.

To be fair, its possible that he just cant play FS. He would do better closer to the LOS at strong safety. Its no excuse, but I've always thought he was playing out of position. And seeing him trying to run up from that deep saftey spot to support the run just confirms it in my mind.

That has nothing to do with missing easy tackles. If anything as an SS playing free he should excell at that. Also please explain the bull**** personal foul late hits?

It has to do with being closer to the LOS and not having as much room to take horrible angles, which he does, 40 yards off the line. Notice the one big tackle he made was beind the LOS, not down field.

All the other **** is just him being a moron. I dont know why he is this bad this season. It really boggles the mind.

Archived