Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When did you know that the season was going to go south?

mcarey032

i knew it was going south when I saw against the Giants that Blache was going to be in his exact same defensive scheme again this. All our big offseason moves focused on the defense, yet in his scheme, London and a bunch of high schoolers can keep games winnable.

Watching Philly's D last week, attacking us, forcing turnovers, preventing big plays, scoring touchdowns, sacking the QB 6 times, had our center crapping his pants presnap, it was just that much clearer that Blache is holding back our defense. The best part of our team is living in fantasy land thinking they can give up big plays get one sack no turnovers yet had "a good game" and "gave the offense a chance".

Philly was the last straw. Lowly Oakland pressured and attacked Philly to a win. We sat back gave up huge plays and got embarrassed on our own turf. Blache didnt dialup a blitz until we were down 17-0. Really???

We bend and give up points in every first quarter. Its not fair to our offense. Plus our offense sucks, why not try for a shutout or to score themselves just once?? ARG.

The Rams game for me. When we weren't able to put up a single TD against that pitiful defense, I had a feeling we were in trouble. :(

That inept 9-6 win. I knew right away.

Seasons ago most would accept a close win like that as a basic win. One up in the NFC standings. Portis making the usual comment a win is a win. Not anymore when it comes to our Skins. That mentality is officially gone now and forever. Seeing the fans boo the way they did after that game showed the base finally had enough of this crap.

Sad man. We deserve better on all levels. Absolute crap.

After the Lions game. Coming into the season, I thought we could go 10-6, maybe 11-5, especially with a pretty favorable schedule coming in.

After the Giants game, I thought it was just another flat performance in NY, which has happened almost every time we've gone to the Meadowlands.

After the Rams game, I was disappointed moreso than ever after a win, but I wasn't giving up yet. Every team has some down weeks. We were able to get in the red zone a bunch of times, just couldn't capitalize. I thought we'd be able to fix those problems easier.

After the Lions game, I realized that this team was only heading in the wrong direction, getting worse and worse. Add to the fact that we lost to a historically bad team in the NFL was the fact that the defense had one of its worst performances in recent history (esp considering the competiton) in giving up those long drives, and the team seemed to have very little positives at all.

After the Lions game, I changed my prediction from 10-6 to 4-12, based on the direction the team was heading. Those 4 wins were going to be against the Rams, Bucs, Chiefs, and Raiders.

Preseason: The offense looked like it got worse than it did last year. Zorn refusal to make any adjustments. People dont think he should be fired but its the coach's job to motivate, game plan, and make adjustments when things dont work. The reason the Dolphins started the Wild Cat is that they couldnt move the ball effectively and a curve ball had to be thrown in.

After the preseason game against the Steelers, I kinda knew that Jason Campbell was never going to improve.

After the Giants game, I kinda knew we wouldn't be contending for a title.

After the Lions game, I kinda know we'll be below .500 at the end of the season.

I knew it was going to be bad for us at the lions game. I knew that we were going to be below average. I could see the writing on the wall with losing to a rookie QB.

I would have to say the Giants game said it all. It wasn't the fact that they lost it was how they lost. They looked like the same exact team from a year ago and guess what they are. We have a good defense with no offense. It's been like that for a long time now and it won't change anytime soon.

I knew when my 10yo daughter after the Detroit game said, "The coach and the guy that gets the players should be fired tomorrow." I asked her why she thought that. She responded, "Because, the players didnt play well. It is someones job to get the players for the coach, right?....And they lost to a team that didn't win all last year. So the coach who was supposed to get his players to win an easy game, didn't."

She also told me that she would fire half the team and start over.

She might be right

I would say after the combination of the very bad handling of JC's situation and the signings of Haynesworth and Hall. Stubborn medling Snyder refused to adress the most important need, the OL, and obviously kept on putting his spoon in the stew. I knew we were heading to a bad record, but not that bad.

It's just too predictable with Snyderatto.

Look at how this team has done when proven head coaches like Schottenheimer and Gibbs have not ran it.

2002 7-9

2003 5-11

2008 8-8

2009 looking like no better than 4-12

Now imagine how bad it'd be if those great coaches hadn't put together solid teams so that 2002 and 2008 weren't bottom of the league teams.

So basically, we need a real GM and Snyder out of all of it.

Archived