Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When did you know that the season was going to go south?

mcarey032

I knew when we scored 9 on the Rams.

I've never been a supporter of campbell, never thought much of portis as an actual runner, and havent cared for Zorn's play calling. That said I still went into the season expecting at least 8-8 again. As much as I want to joke around and say after the giants game or the rams I have to say I truly knew it after the Bucs game. Tampa could very well be one of the worst in the league and it was apparent that we did not play down to their level... we are down at their level.

For me it was JC's performance in the first half against the Giants.

When he threw 3 yeards pass the line of scrimmage and got picked, and then when he again forgot that as a QB you have to step up in the pocket, and Osi took it back for a TD.

Right then I knew JC really made no progress from last year and we were doomed...happy days will be here again when JC is not our starting QB.

For me it really was the Giants game- however I talked myself down from the ledge realizing I felt the same way after the Giants opener last year.

All that stuff about how we never play well at the Meadowlands, yadda yadda. (nevermind that the Giants also kicked the ever-loving **** out of us at FedEx last year too)

So I really got a clue after the Rams game. 9-7? After they'd lost 28-0 to Seattle? And by then it was clear that our defense was not dominant. Just "good". Well, "good" is nowhere near good enough to make up for that pathetic O.

And by the Lions game, I was convinced. Season over.

The only thing I look forward to now is Jason campbell not being here anymore.

When Samuels went down

last season when got hurt the offense went in the tank, plus he is Campbell's security blanket, Heyer is getting him pummeled.

Yah, big difference in Campbells play against Detroit and St Louis. I hardly recognized him last week

When Samuels went down

I think we've scored more ppg since Samuels got injured than before. What's the difference?

You could put JC behind the 1991 Redskins OL and he'd still check down to the guy right in front of him 90% of the time. You could see that is why Philly started attacking later in the game. Why not? The Sherms were calling a better game but JC still wasn't attacking the defense.

It was even talked about before the game. Philly was worried about what the new playcaller would do, and they pretty much gave us the first half with little pressure and JC still didn't did next to nothing besides spot them 2 scores.

the key tipoff was the 9-7 'win' over the Rams.

the Rams have virtually NO talent and while the Redskins are not a powerhouse should have beaten St. Louis by 14 points with Samuels and Cooley healthy at the time.

instead the team could barely present itself as an NFL team AT HOME.

it was also obvious in playing a porous Rams defense that Jim Zorn and Jason Campbell didn't produce any offseason magic that was going to result in the elevation of the passing game to a level where it could compete with the Giants, Cowboys, or Eagles.

I knew when my 10yo daughter after the Detroit game said, "The coach and the guy that gets the players should be fired tomorrow." I asked her why she thought that. She responded, "Because, the players didnt play well. It is someones job to get the players for the coach, right?....And they lost to a team that didn't win all last year. So the coach who was supposed to get his players to win an easy game, didn't."

She also told me that she would fire half the team and start over.

She might be right

No knock against females but wow, a 10 year old girl has it figured out but Dan doesn't lol

I was recuperating at my sister's home in Stafford after a bad car accident in June and I was able to watch the first preseason game. My heart sank a bit, but still remained optimistic.

When we won 9-7 against the Rams, I knew nothing had changed with this team and we would stink this season. I did not expect to lose to the pitiful Lions and Chiefs.

I really hate something I've become conditioned to do over the past number of years. When we lost to the Giants I thought, eh, they're a good team and we kept it close. Back in the day, I expected to win every game, but now my heart is making allowances/excuses for losing to good teams. We have fallen an awfully long way and it truly breaks my heart.

:logo:

Before the kickoff of the Giants game there was some hope. Even some of the guys on the pregame shows were saying the Redskins were way under rated and could surprise everybody with a deep playoff run. Then the offense got shutout in the first half against the Giants. If by "going south" you mean "4th place in the NFC East", then that was all I needed to see. The first half of the first game told me that anyone who thought this team was underrated was wrong. The Redskins are as bad as we thought they were, I guess.

I didn't think we'd be this bad, but I did think our biggest point of failure would be our line... two years ago the chiefs went gambled their season on an oft-injured and old line and I think they won 2 games... I likened that line to ours this year and so far it's holding true...

I don't mean this bad, but REALLY?

You guys had to wait until this game or that game to realize how bad this season was going to go?

Uh, let me ask. Considering that the offense was the problem last year, what one single thing did the Redskins do to improve that side of the ball?

NOTHING!

If you made it to training camp and thought we had a chance then you have issues. Seriously. They didn't do anything at all to improve on offense. They just hoped things would get better. No Cutler or Sanchez meant no winning. Period.

For those of us telling everyone how bad this offense has been for the last 3 years, we aren't shocked. The writing has been on the wall. All it took to slip from our normal 7-9 was to loose a few lineman, and walah. 2-14 season.

This has been coming for years and everyone insists each pre-season that we're a Superbowl team.

Honestly guys, watch football a little bit and realize that this team has been the butt of the league for over a decade now. Being a fan is one thing, but be realistic. This season, just like that last was over before pre-season started.

1 thing that should neve be repeated again on this board.

Pre-season doesn't mean anything.

Everytime you step on the field, it means something. For a franchise in utter disarray, you use those games to build on.

Archived