Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When did you know that the season was going to go south?

mcarey032

I thought that this team was going to be 9-7 or 10-6. I guess that it came to an for me when we lost to the Lions. When you lose to a team that hadn't won a game in 19 games, you know that is bad. I know that the Lions are better than they were last year, but I thought we were better than last year. In addition, I knew the season was bad when we had to go for it on fourth down at the Lions goal line and we didn't make it. That is when I realized that we were doomed to lose that game and possibly more.

When you walk into a card game and you don't know who the sucker is, you need to look no further than the person in the mirror. We couldn't beat the basement dwellers of last year, with the exception of the Rams and the Bucs. Outside of that, this is probably one of the worst seasons that I can remember being a fan and I was around for the Petitbon year (he should have had more than one year, but JKC panicked he should have stuck with him) and the Norv years, but I was also alive for the Gibbs years and that is what makes this all painful.

We have lived up to some of the preseason results which is really sad because we were supposed to see improvement and we were told that the team was making progress and that the team had improved through the off season with offensive line acquisitions. It feels like we have been lied to, but we have been lied to for years under Snyder. I hope that Snyder will hire a GM who in turn will hire a coach so that fans don't have to feel so low about the team that they love and support.

So when did you all know this season was going to so bad?

I know that I kept getting reports all the time from training camp about the offensive line and how they looked bad, but then it was qualified with well they were going up against Haynesworth so anyone would look bad. Then we get to preseason and the offense didn't look all that great. I thought it was just the preseason. We lose to the Giants which I expected in the opener because it is the giants on the road. We beat the Rams 9-7 and it sort of took me back to 2007 when we beat the Dolphins that year in a low scoring game, which I thought no big deal.

That Lions game was like being punched in the stomach really hard. All the air came out and I couldn't believe that it happened. Still hard to really wrap my brain around it.

The Giants game.

The Giants are a good team. We were actually competitive in that game. I wasn't embarrassed of the team's effort in that game. I was really disappointed that we couldn't roll the Lions. A team with a rookie QB and a team that really had only one offensive weapon to speak of and we couldn't get shut that offense out? RIDICULOUS!

OH it hurt me for sure. The lions are a team that we have their number even in down years and to lose to a rookie QB was just shameful. Also to see Haynesworth go down which looked like a routine play in a game where the team hadn't one since two years ago, yeah it was pretty much embarrassing.

I soured on Zorn in his first training camp. When he chewed Durant Brooks out on the sideline I knew he would never be able to win over the players.

As far as this season is concerned, in the first Giants game it was obvious that nothing had really changed offensively from the end of last season. The Rams and Lions games only confirmed it.

I wish I didn't feel the way I do about Zorn. I guess it's good I won't have to worry about him for too long. He soured my Redskin game day experience over the past season and a half, and that has really sucked.

The LIONS...the FRICKEN 0-19 LIONS!

Yep. I thought we'd kill 'em. I thought the team would be full of righteous fury and pride after being booed at home after a win. When they showed up as lifeless as they did against the Giants and Rams, I knew that, not only did we not have the personnel to win, but that the had just given up. That's when I started thinking about the 2010 draft.

The Rams game. The Rams are horrible and we tried our hardest and only put up 9 points on them. We barely beat one of the worst teams in the NFL, and I didn't think the Giants were amazing coming into this season like I did going into 2008. We got beat down by the Giants but we could still be an alright team after that. We got shut out of the endzone by the Rams and almost lost to them. Thats when I knew we were in trouble. The Lions game the next week confirmed that this was going to be one hell of a bad season.

I was at the Bucs game and that wasn't much better, then the Panthers and the Chiefs...that was it for the season. Oh well.

When we didn't land Cutler or Sanchez I knew it wouldn't be good. After that I started to raise my hopes in preperation for the season. I still thought we would be bad but I was thinking 7-9 or 8-8 and last place in the NFCE bad.

But after we only dropped three freaking field goals on the Rams, I knew. I knew we would lose to the Lions and I knew it would be a long season. I mean three FG's. Against the Rams. :doh:

Archived