Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When did you know that the season was going to go south?

mcarey032

I had my doubts going in 1-3 preseason (yeah I know its just pre-season) the Giants game I couldn't say because they are good and an NFC East rival, the Rams game though that was when I really started to have concerns and the Lions game just sealed it, then the Chiefs well that was the nail in the coffin.

I had my doubts going in 1-3 preseason (yeah I know its just pre-season) the Giants game I couldn't say because they are good and an NFC East rival, the Rams game though that was when I really started to have concerns and the Lions game just sealed it, then the Chiefs well that was the nail in the coffin.

I disagree. Carolina was the nail. The Chiefs game was the unnecessary kick in the dong while we're on the ground...

The eagles game signified the end of the season for me. That was their last shot really. When I saw the way that team came out, and played AT HOME with everything on the line.....what a joke. I realized then and there no matter what we do, the offense just isnt capable of putting up points against a live NFL defense.

In 2006. We didn't have a draft pick because of stupidly trading up to get JC. We already had seen JC did not have much and yet he was being given the title of franchise QB without having earned it. We released Ryan Clark who should have been kept here. Then we signed Carter, ARE, and Lloyd and Archuleta, who were all immediately over-hyped.

There were things I disagreed with strenuously before then, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they were just mistakes. But 2006 was an eyeopener. I've known since then that we doomed to failure under Snyder. And it has never been a doubt in my mind since then.

So going into this season, I never for a second thought this season was going to be anything more than crappy. I knew our starting QB was garbage, and the failure of Snyder was evident in our off-season. I couldn't believe how gullible our fans were to yet again over-hype the team in the off-season and talk playoffs. And it has been no surprise to me how we turned out. I actually thought we would be 7-8 win team, so we may be a little worse than I expected. But I expected this sort of turmoil, embarrassment, etc.

Anyone could see the warning signs when the Skins went 6-2 last year. Skins lame outings against Lions and Browns and loss to Rams revealed serious weakness in offense particulalrly at QB. When defenses analyzed tape they figured out how to stop Portis and leave it up to Campbell to beat them with his arm. The rest is history. Only a few on this Board called it right back then and you all know who those "haters" are.

In 2006. We didn't have a draft pick because of stupidly trading up to get JC. We already had seen JC did not have much and yet he was being given the title of franchise QB without having earned it. We released Ryan Clark who should have been kept here. Then we signed Carter, ARE, and Lloyd and Archuleta, who were all immediately over-hyped.

Pretty sure he sends monthly checks to Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams for putting him in that position.

I don't think that any QB outside of Campbell could have fixed our situation. We have a line that might not even start in the UFL. What a minute, I think that Jason Campbell is still getting sacked. Because we don't build the team from inside out, we pay for it. Snyder needs to stop partying with Portis and get some real lineman that can get a 4th and 1 conversion!

I don't think that it mattered when Samuels went down. It got worse, the problem is because Samuels and Thomas could block and the other side really can't, every one knew that we would want to run left. The coaches knew that they had no faith in the guys on the right side of the line and that is why they don't often run that way and it often leads to disaster.

Seriously, I was having doubts in the offseason for the main reason, our offensive line didn't have anything done except for minor patchwork. As you can tell now, that's what's really killing us. Not saying Portis, Sellers, Cooley, Moss, Campbell, etc couldn't be doing better.

But that line is killing us and is the demise of our season.

It started during the Rams game. It was clear we were totally inept on offense.

Then we get stopped on the Lions 1 & they go 99 yards. Then they go about 70 yards next time out & about 80 yards after that. That first half almost defied belief on all fronts.

Archived