Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: What If Aaron Rogers/Campbell Picks Reversed, Skins get Aaron, Packers Jason

Redskinizzle

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

(later edit)

Read Poll carefully, it is saying more than this post is. It seems to be going over the head of more than one responder.

Thought it would be interesting to see what people think would happen if Packers grabbed Campbell, and then Redskins picked Rodgers in the 2005 draft.

As it related to the current state of posts on the ES forums that is, :hysterical:

Enjoy!

Man after my own heart. (Presuming you bemoan the way things worked out too.).

I don't normally watch the draft, I find it intolerably boring. But I spent the opening day of that '05 draft getting more and more excited that teams were passing on Rodgers, who was slated to possibly be the top pick over all after a stellar career Cal., (I thought for sure as much as it was rumoured Campbell was Coach' pick, they wouldn't pass up on Aaron); only for the blasted Packers to take him one slot above us at 24.

Fast forward 4 years, and the fricking Bears took away our next hope by being able to offer the Broncos something we couldn't, a QB to their liking.

God damn the NFC North. Between them, they've set us back years at the position. :mad:

Although according to some on here, Jason stands comparison with both Cutler and Rodgers, so what ya' gona' do? :doh:

Hail.

BTW, your poll's too heavily in Campbell's favour man. Where's the "Rodgers would be the QB we've so long craved for" option, or something similar? I can't honestly vote on any of the 4 options you've put up.

*Double Edit* I see the premise of your poll now man, so scrap the above.

But it's all relative.

what if the dog had not stopped to scratch the flea, would he have caught the rabbit ?

i mean .. wth dude ... what if's ???

You seemed to have missed out on the subtlety here. Probably my fault for not being a little more obvious.

Read the poll carefully and you will understand this isn't a what if kind of question, but a comment on the skins and the state of the posts we see on ES forums.

IF we had Aaron Rodgers then we would only have to worry about drafting an o-line in this year's draft because we already have a franchise QB to build around.

Rodgers is a great QB with a quick release and accuracy short or long. And he's had the hell beaten out of him every single game, even worse than JC, and he still makes plays.

I would LOVE Aaron Rodgers. Hell, I would have loved to have Favre this year, even though he would retire after a year and we wouldn't have a franchise quarterback.

Jason is not good enough. Todd is not good enough. Colt is not good enough. If we had Rodgers, we'd be doing well. Even with a crappy o-line (if he were here in DC), Rodgers makes decisions and doesn't waste opportunities.

For some reason, just about every QB that sits under Favre turns out to be a very good player for at least some time. The list includes guys like Brunell, Hasselbeck, Warner, Aaron Brooks had a good year or two, Rodgers now. Watch out for Tarvaris next year! I know Campbell hasn't cut it here, but I really would not be surprised if sitting behind Favre for 3 years would have made him a very good player. The physical skills are obviously there, it's just the speed of the game he has trouble with.

As for Rodgers, I'm just a huge fan and I think he's just a good QB, regardless of where he is. If he came here, I think he'd be outstanding regardless. His deep ball accuracy is something to be really impressed by.

Campbell would be riding the pine in Green Bay and Matt Flynn would be starting by now.

Aaron Rodgers would be playing as well as he had in Green Bay. Because the problems he faces in Green Bay are the same ones we have over here. ****ty offensive line, but you know what? Good QB's overcome obstacles. The sucky ones like JC have novel length excuses written out for them.

Archived