Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: What If Aaron Rogers/Campbell Picks Reversed, Skins get Aaron, Packers Jason

Redskinizzle

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

What if we would have signed Brees when he was a Free Agent and also Randy Moss too and if we drafted Adrian Peterson and had a real GM and never made any of those draft pick trades for TJ Duckett, Brandon Lloyd, Jason Taylor and any other ones too. What if we would have actually tried to draft O Line man too. Man we would be a Dynasty!

Campbell would either be behind Favre or competing with another QB, and Rodgers would be struggling here.

The only hindsight in 20/20 scenario that would have worked out would be if Gibbs had signed Drew Brees after 2004, and we kept our draft picks from trades for Lloyd/Duckett/Jason Taylor and used them on o-linemen that would be starting now.

Maybe if something like that had occurred, things would be different. But Rodgers/Alex Smith/Campbell/whoever switching places wouldn't mean much I don't think.

Well, Aaron Rodgers may be a hell of a lot better than JC... but I think we can all agree... both Rodgers and Campbell are much better than Alex Smith. Talk about a horrible, horrible bust as the #1 overall pick.

I think some people will try to dispute that with you, that Campbell is better than Alex Smith.

He's not very good, but some people have made him Ryan Leaf/Cade McNown/Tim Couch all rolled into one in their heads.

The only hindsight in 20/20 scenario that would have worked out would be if Gibbs had signed Drew Brees after 2004, and we kept our draft picks from trades for Lloyd/Duckett/Jason Taylor and used them on o-linemen that would be starting now.

The only problem with that is Brees wasn't a FA until after 2005, which is the year we drafted Campbell.

Everyone has their opinion on Campbell (where he SHOULD have been drafted and all that), but it just isn't good football business to sign a QB (albeit a good one) coming off a shoulder injury to a big contract right after you drafted one in the first round.

I'm getting tired of "what if we had Aaron Rodgers" or "Aaron Rodgers this..." topics...

The Redskins havn't had a franchice QB in 20 years. Yet, they could have drafted/acquired a lot of the star QB's in this league right now....

In 2000, we drafted Todd Husak 3 slots after Tom Brady, no one ever talks about this... why? Because it doesn't have anything at all to do with this current franchise/team.

Seriously, talking about Aaron Rodgers is pointless and ridiculous. He was taken before our pick. It's not like the front office had a choice between the two with their pick.

I'm getting tired of "what if we had Aaron Rodgers" or "Aaron Rodgers this..." topics...

The Redskins havn't had a franchice QB in 20 years. Yet, they could have drafted/acquired a lot of the star QB's in this league right now....

In 2000, we drafted Todd Husak 3 slots after Tom Brady, no one ever talks about this... why? Because it doesn't have anything at all to do with this current franchise/team.

Seriously, talking about Aaron Rodgers is pointless and ridiculous. He was taken before our pick. It's not like the front office had a choice between the two with their pick.

If you would read the poll, in the order of questions, and think critically for a second, you would understand that the poll is basically saying the same thing you are here.

If you would read the poll, in the order of questions, and think critically for a second, you would understand that the poll is basically saying the same thing you are here.

I'm not bashing you man... I posted my response after reading other people's responses...

I probably could have worded my response better though, so I see where you're coming from with that....

None of the above! We would be struggling with the O-line but we would still be a franchise headed in the right direction, with a true franchise capable player at the most important position on the field.

Campbell would be on the pine for a struggling QB team.

if rodgers can lead the packers to 3-2 with better competition...i bet if he was the starting qb for the skins with a weak schedule so far, the skins would be undefeated...how can a qb (rogers) that got sacked just about double the sacks that another qb (JC) has...and yet still outperform him? thats crazy...so the skins o-line would be perfect for rogers...but because the skins offense cant score any points, alot of blind people think its the o-line that is the problem

i hate what if threads. they're so irrelevant and mean nothing. what if aaron rodgers didnt go to GB and didn't have favre as his mentor, would he be just as good or worse than jc? no one knows, so who cares.

Is Skins got Aaron, Packers got Jason in 2005 - What is current state of ES posts?

A.this never happened, so who cares

B.this never happened, so who cares

C.this never happened, so who cares

All of the above

fixed ur poll :)

The only problem with that is Brees wasn't a FA until after 2005, which is the year we drafted Campbell.

Everyone has their opinion on Campbell (where he SHOULD have been drafted and all that), but it just isn't good football business to sign a QB (albeit a good one) coming off a shoulder injury to a big contract right after you drafted one in the first round.

You're right, I remember now that 2005 Chargers at Redskins game, finishing with LT stiff arming Ryan Clark to the ground before winning it in OT.

Don't know why I thought Brees was a FA after the 2004 season. Either way, my main point was pretty much what you also basically talked about- everybody has perfect hindsight on our offensive issues, particularly on Campbell. So none of this Rodgers/Campbell discussion really matters.

We've been inconsistent with our offensive system for a few years now, between Gibbs' offense, to Saunders, to Zorn's WCO. We need to establish a real identity on offense before we can begin to discuss what QBs would have worked best for us.

Not much would change. Aaron Rodgers would still have not had more than 2 years in one system and not have enough time to master the system and ultimately not live up to expectations. Jason Campbell most likely would be thriving in GB because GB has given their players time to develop before changing everything around them.

General rule of thumb is that you give 3 years when starting a new system/scheme in the NFL, 1 year to learn the basics & work out he bugs, 1 year to get to a more advanced level and by the third year you should have purged all the old players who dont fit into the system and replace them with guys who fit.

As we all know Danny does not have that kind of patience, and thinks that everyone but him is the problems so he finds what he thinks is a weakness and looks to replace it.

Stupid poll, but I kno it was meant as a joke.

Rodgers is the best young QB out there. I'd take him anyday over Cutler. If we'd drafted him, Gibbs would've stuck around the full 5 years because he knew we'd be contending, and Favre would still be a Packer. Ted Thompson would get fired for blowing the draft.

Stop pretending like QBs are blank slates who succeed/fail largely on circumstance. Shuler/Campbell et al would be busts wherever they landed, just as Marino/Rodgers/Elway would make whatever team they play(ed) for better.

Well, Aaron Rodgers may be a hell of a lot better than JC... but I think we can all agree... both Rodgers and Campbell are much better than Alex Smith. Talk about a horrible, horrible bust as the #1 overall pick.

Don't look now, but... :doh:

Singletary gets major props.

Stupid poll, but I kno it was meant as a joke.

Rodgers is the best young QB out there. I'd take him anyday over Cutler. If we'd drafted him, Gibbs would've stuck around the full 5 years because he knew we'd be contending, and Favre would still be a Packer. Ted Thompson would get fired for blowing the draft.

Stop pretending like QBs are blank slates who succeed/fail largely on circumstance. Shuler/Campbell et al would be busts wherever they landed, just as Marino/Rodgers/Elway would make whatever team they play(ed) for better.

What you talking about. If Colts selected Ryan Leaf, he would be one of all time best right now. Making 3 undrafted OL into pro-bowlers and 3rd/4th depth WRs into play makers. Manning would now be a laughing stock. It's all about the system stupid...

Don't look now, but... :doh:

Singletary gets major props.

:hysterical:

Yeah boy I feel dumb.

Alex Smith does something in one half that JC hasn't done all year...

and this is Alex Smith's 4th system:

As a rookie he had Mike McCarthy. Then Norv Turner. Then Mike Martz. Now Jimmy Raye.

JC is probably the worst of the trio, there I said it.

:hysterical:

Yeah boy I feel dumb.

lol, I wasn't trying to make you feel dumb... I thought the same thing until Alex Smith actually looked competent today. :doh:

But as already mentioned, who knows. Just one game, and the Texans have a ****ty defense. And he did choke at the end.

Well, with the 49ers they can say Shaun Hill is garbage. Alex Smith came in and put up great numbers and pretty much destroyed Shaun Hill's career in 1 half... This points toward Shaun Hill just being a bad player and the offensive scheme being solid.

When Todd Collins came in he was less accurate, hit fewer passes, and got sacked more than Jason Campbell. This hints toward the system in Washington being flawed... Either that or we have an average at best qb and a terrible backup.

lol, I wasn't trying to make you feel dumb... I thought the same thing until Alex Smith actually looked competent today. :doh:

But as already mentioned, who knows. Just one game, and the Texans have a ****ty defense. And he did choke at the end.

You know who else has a crappy defense? The Lions. And the Rams. The Bucs. And the Chiefs.

Alex Smith > JC ;)

Archived