Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Honeycrisp Apple = Best Apple in the World!

Titaw

So I was in Target tonight and they had a huge display of Honeycrisp apples on sale for $1.45 a pound. That's a great deal, I bought 4 pounds :)

Just ate two of them. Actually I only ate one, my wife and son stole the rest. Anyways, very good, they're definitely in season.

I tried the kosher salt trick, pretty tasty! Kind of overwhelming after a while though

Best apple EVER!!! My dad has a tree in his yard i go through bushels a year! Mitch Lynd whose family actually created many of the apples we eat today lives right down the road from him in Pataskala Ohio.

Mickalino- They arent very good for cooking (ive tried it all) they are just too crisp and dont bake down. But i have found that using honey crisp AND another type of apple that will bake down can work VERY well.

For anyone with nutrition knowledge or is health-conscious, do you know if there is any significant differences in nutrition with the Honeycrisp apples, compared to the others ?

According to a nutrition website I frequent honey crisp apples have 80 calories 1g fat, 22g Carbs, 3g Dietary Fiber and 1g protein. That's it, it seems to me that this is a great food for someone that is trying to eat right and stay fit or even lose weight. When's the last time you were FULL and satisfied by the taste of ANYTHING that was only 80 Calories?

where does a macintosh fit in your rankings? :drool:

If you get a crisp one it's #4. My rankings go a little something like this...

1. Honeycrisp

2. Jazz (very good, right balance of sweet and tart, more crunch than crisp)

3. Granny Smith

4. McIntosh

5. Gala

If you get a crisp one it's #4. My rankings go a little something like this...

1. Honeycrisp

2. Jazz (very good, not the right balance of sweet, tart and crisp for me)

3. Granny Smith

4. McIntosh

5. Gala

Red Delicious doesn't even make the Top 5 ?

So Red Delicious isn't actually Delicious ?

Next, you're going to tell me, they're not really Red, either. :silly:

Archived