Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Honeycrisp Apple = Best Apple in the World!

Titaw

If you get a crisp one it's #4. My rankings go a little something like this...

1. Honeycrisp

2. Jazz (very good, not the right balance of sweet, tart and crisp for me)

3. Granny Smith

4. McIntosh

5. Gala

Never had a Jazz, but a Fuji > than your 3-5

I have eaten many Apples in my day. You name them I have had them. Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Pink Lady, Fiji, Gala, Granny Smith, etc., none can compare to the deliciousness of the Honeycrisp. They are crunchy, sweet and tart. Oh yeah, they are HUGE too! If you eat Apples and you have never had a Honeycrisp you need to get them and get them fast because they are only available for a very limited time during the year.

Trust me you will not be let down, these things are the King of Apples.

never heard of them. and just went apple picking in NC with the gf last weekend. never saw a sign for any of them

I expect a 500 word essay.

I'm not gonna give ya 500 words but I will say this....

I bought 3 (one for me and 1each for Momma and lil Kaos) and I didnt buy enough of these apples. The original 3 will more than likely not make it home tonight. I will be stopping at the store to get more and then stopping at the produce stand on the ride home for some locally grown fujis.

I'm in Apple Heaven! Thank You for bringing the glorious Honeycrisp to my attention :D

I'm not gonna give ya 500 words but I will say this....

I bought 3 (one for me and 1each for Momma and lil Kaos) and I didnt buy enough of these apples. The original 3 will more than likely not make it home tonight. I will be stopping at the store to get more and then stopping at the produce stand on the ride home for some locally grown fujis.

I'm in Apple Heaven! Thank You for bringing the glorious Honeycrisp to my attention :D

You sir, along with everyone else that has discovered the heavenly fruit due to this thread, are quite welcome!

I am going to be sad when the honeycrisp go out of season in a week or two. Ah well, I'll wait another year for the return of such a treat!

You sir, along with everyone else that has discovered the heavenly fruit due to this thread, are quite welcome!

I am going to be sad when the honeycrisp go out of season in a week or two. Ah well, I'll wait another year for the return of such a treat!

The good thing is that it appears the Honeycrisp has a long shelf life. When stored in a cool, dry place they are expected to last 3 months.

If this holds true then we can enjoy this wonderful fruit until approx. February :D

Had one last night, purchased at Wegman's. It holds up to the hype. I like how it is very crispy yet you don't have to chomp on it when you bite... a light crispiness is how I would describe it. And it has a nice apply sweet flavor.

I'm not a huge apple fan, but Honeycrisps might change that.

If this holds true then we can enjoy this wonderful fruit until approx. February :D

Yeah okay, you would have to buy enough to stock up until February because NOBODY that has a honeycrisp in their pantry will let it sit there until February.

Yeah okay, you would have to buy enough to stock up until February because NOBODY that has a honeycrisp in their pantry will let it sit there until February.

Didnt take the supply needed to last that long into consideration. Maybe if I bought a full bushel I could stretch them out to February.

I just bought a bunch of them last night at Bi-Lo. I am assuming you have a Bi-Lo pretty close since you are in Greenville. Probably about five of them. :D

considering the headquarters of bilo is about 10 minutes away. yup. tons of them. :silly:

but never really pay attention to the fruit area there. but i did look at every sign on the rows when i was at the apple orchard in flat rock. never saw it. but then again, i was only looking for grannys and winesaps.

edit: ok i went and checked the orchards schedule. and they have the honeycrips, but they were already finished for the season which explains why i didnt see them. but doesnt really explain why they still didnt have a sign for them. unless i just missed them.

I picked some up Friday after the gym at the local Harris Teeter. At first, the selection looked not great until I discovered the fruit guy had a brand new box of them. He told me to take my pick, and I was off with 3 giant apples. Excellent apple, and I must say it defeats the Jazz. The only crappy thing is like the Jazz, they are expensive. I need to find some of these on sale.

Archived