Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where are they now? Tre' Johnson

RainSleetSnowHAIL

Good for him. Getting the MS and teaching at a prestigious prep school. I hear about too many former players who end up like Plaxico. I like to see former Skins do well. Others who have done well since their playing days include Joey T, Grimm, Wisenhunt, Mayhew, Shuler.

Anyone catch this blog about Tre?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/10/tre_johnson_on_snyder_tactics.html?wprss=dcsportsbog

>>>

Tre' Johnson on Snyder Tactics: "It's Pure Comedy"

Tre' Johnson was one of the special few Redskins who served significant time under both Jack Kent Cooke and Daniel Snyder, and who thus had a baseline to compare the two experiences.

"Understand, man, my first seven or so years with the Skins, it was all under Norv Turner, Norv did things a certain way," Johnson said during an appearance on 106.7 The Fan's Parker & Parker show last weekend. "It was some consistency. Jack Kent Cooke died, that's when our state of flux began.".........................................................

........................................................................... And what does Johnson make of the current fog of negativity and paranoia and uncertainty that's settled over Ashburn?

"I just think that's how Snyder works," he said. "I mean, you have to appreciate it from a comical standpoint. Like, he puts those passive aggressive subliminal messages in there. Because you know why Sherm Lewis is here. We all know how that shoe's gonna drop. We all know what's gonna happen. <<<<

man, i remember him in the scuffle during the Skins-Lions playoff game.... epic

Yeah, I remember that. Because he couldn't control himself, he hit the ref in the face and was suspended for the playoff game against Tampa the following week. A game we probably could have won had we had our starting offensive lineman not sitting out.

That's what I remember about Tre. Seemed to me every time we had a big game or a tight stretch, he was on the bench for something or other.

I'm glad he's doing well, but he's not someone I'd include on my list of great Redskins, even for that era.

~Bang

Yeah, I remember that. Because he couldn't control himself, he hit the ref in the face and was suspended for the playoff game against Tampa the following week. A game we probably could have won had we had our starting offensive lineman not sitting out.

That's what I remember about Tre. Seemed to me every time we had a big game or a tight stretch, he was on the bench for something or other.

I'm glad he's doing well, but he's not someone I'd include on my list of great Redskins, even for that era.

~Bang

Actually he just knocked the ref's hat off when attempting to swing at Porche after Porche took a thew a punch at him for jumping in his face for the cheap shot he took at Brad Johnson.

Archived