Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate Lavar and Chad

riggo4ever

Heard about 5 minutes of sheehan and loverro yesterday first the first time in months.

They were talking about chip kelly and the roster control he has in philly.

Loverro chimes in with something like "Mike shanahan should have asked for that here"

Are you out of your ****ing mind, thom? And that shanny slurping nitwit sheehan says nothing.

DC sports radio....

Heard about 5 minutes of sheehan and loverro yesterday first the first time in months.

Loverro chimes in with something like "Mike shanahan should have asked for that here"

Are you out of your ****ing mind, thom? And that shanny slurping nitwit sheehan says nothing.

DC sports radio....

Those 2 are PAINFUL to listen to. It's been years since I've listened to their show.

+1 for enjoying Kornheiser's show.  I've enjoyed his show for many years but haven't been able to listen the past few years.  But I didn't tune in to hear his sports knowledge.  I like that it's more of a pop culture show.  It's really good when David Aldridge is in studio too.  Tony's mailbag is great.

Reid was on with Cooley and Czabe yesterday ripping the RG3 option pick up. He sounded so pissed it was like someone at the Skins punched his mother or something. Just spewing venom left and right. Every time Cooley or Czabe tried to interject he cut them off or scoffed at their arguments. At the end of the segment they promoted the Man Cave. Why would I want to listen to that show? After 10 minutes of listening to Reid ranting and raving I wanted to punch my radio. 

DC sports radio....

I didn't hear the show, but I'm sure what nobody said is that Shanahan HAD that control here.  All this crap about Bruce/Dan wanting to do other things, and Shanahan being the wilting violet is crap.  He had complete control of the roster and the team.  If he didn't want something done, it wasn't going to get done.  

Those 2 are PAINFUL to listen to. It's been years since I've listened to their show.

I used to love Sheehan.  I think his shining moment was the day after ST21's murder, he hosted like 14 hours of coverage.  And did an amazing job.  

But he's recently turned into a complete jackass.  

+1 for enjoying Kornheiser's show.  I've enjoyed his show for many years but haven't been able to listen the past few years.  But I didn't tune in to hear his sports knowledge.  I like that it's more of a pop culture show.  It's really good when David Aldridge is in studio too.  Tony's mailbag is great.

It skews a little old for me.  And I'm not young.  But eh, it's sometimes entertaining.

Reid was on with Cooley and Czabe yesterday ripping the RG3 option pick up. He sounded so pissed it was like someone at the Skins punched his mother or something. Just spewing venom left and right. Every time Cooley or Czabe tried to interject he cut them off or scoffed at their arguments. At the end of the segment they promoted the Man Cave. Why would I want to listen to that show? After 10 minutes of listening to Reid ranting and raving I wanted to punch my radio. 

Reid is an idiot.  And 90% of the Man Cave's guests were other writers at the Post.  

I flip there occasionally when everything else is on commercial.  Every so often they have a guest that I enjoy.  Otherwise it's dribble.  

Yeah, I heard that too.

I have no issue with Reid offering his opinion but why the animosity?

It's not like he's a fan of the team so why be so irritated/upset?

He sounded like a whiny little kid who didn't get his way. I had to turn it off because he was just so annoying to listen to.

I didn't hear the show, but I'm sure what nobody said is that Shanahan HAD that control here.  All this crap about Bruce/Dan wanting to do other things, and Shanahan being the wilting violet is crap.  He had complete control of the roster and the team.  If he didn't want something done, it wasn't going to get done.  

I used to love Sheehan.  I think his shining moment was the day after ST21's murder, he hosted like 14 hours of coverage.  And did an amazing job.  

But he's recently turned into a complete jackass.  

It skews a little old for me.  And I'm not young.  But eh, it's sometimes entertaining.

couldnt agree more with you, especially the 'wilting violet' characterization of mike thats been manufactured. 

what a load of ****. 

I heard the Reid call-in also. That was my "breakup with 980 moment". I always talked big about not listening anymore. But would still turn it on during lunch or in the evening. I'm done. Doesn't mean I dislike all the people on that station. It means that they have more TMZ style junk than quality anymore. Reid, Russell, Loverro, Walker, Mitchell....you can't escape it. Doesn't make if you like Czabe still. Or Galdi or the Scott's. They are surrounded by junk now.

106.7 isn't much better to be honest.

We have two sportstalk stations and both kind of stink now.

Thank god for shows like SVP's national show. Czabe's in the morning also. Besides that, I guess its to podcasts.

Which we had the organization to just crush 980's inbox and on social media like the Redskins Fan's card toward the end of Vinny. 

Sheehan is currently very anti-griffin, and very much believes that the owner is/was manipulating things because of griffin (and that griffin is manipulating things through the owner.)

This is despite them having Shanahan on recently and him saying, on their show, that he had full control of everything.

Sheehan's stance seems to have turned into - Robert lied to Mike about his injuries, then threw him under the bus and ran him out of town when Mike became unhappy with being lied to.

Lovero doesn't give a rip either way, and just likes to poke Sheehan with a stick. Meanwhile both of them have said they "know a lot about behind the scenes" that they can't tell us about Shanahan and Griffin, and constantly hint that Griffin and his father basically drove Shanahan out of town.

All of that is to say that it's hard to tell what was going on in the 5 minute segment you mentioned. It's entirely possible Lovero was just poking Sheehan with a stick and he sat silently because he didn't want to give Lovero the satisfaction :)

Also that is to say that Sheehan is a way to the extreme on Griffin, but he seems to otherwise know what he's talking about.

Of course last time I said I liked Sheehan on these boards like 10 people called me names and made fun of me, so wtf do I know? I only listen to the show almost every day.

Sheehan is currently very anti-griffin, and very much believes that the owner is/was manipulating things because of griffin (and that griffin is manipulating things through the owner.)

This is despite them having Shanahan on recently and him saying, on their show, that he had full control of everything.

i agree. this is why i lose my mind every time sheehan makes a passing (or direct) comment absolving mike of virtually any blame when it came to his management of the team while he was here. 

its as if he cant bear to think that he may have been wrong about mike.

God I love XM and my IPod..No more of that crappy radio BS. I think that I probably haven't listened to regular radio in 10 years or more.

I remember when WPGC played Rock, WHFS (DC and Balt.), WKTK, Stern, Greaseman, etc...

I don't know how you guys put up with it

Caps win last night. Wizards up one nothing in their series. And the man cave has an interview with Sally Jenkins on domestic violence regarding Floyd Mayweather. Which follows the Coco Fresh Hollywood segment. Oh, there is also there isGMSM's presser to talk about.

Seriously, I wouldn't mind trying to listen to the show, but every time I listen to it, they are talking about something that I really honestly don't care about. Whoever produces that show he's not doing the hosts any favors.

Junkies did 2 segments on the caps, One on the wizards, and then a little boxing talk. But the biggest difference was that the segment was interesting, because it did not include Sally freaking Jenkins.

Caps win last night. Wizards up one nothing in their series. And the man cave has an interview with Sally Jenkins on domestic violence regarding Floyd Mayweather. Which follows the Coco Fresh Hollywood segment. Oh, there is also there isGMSM's presser to talk about.

Seriously, I wouldn't mind trying to listen to the show, but every time I listen to it, they are talking about something that I really honestly don't care about. Whoever produces that show he's not doing the hosts any favors.

Junkies did 2 segments on the caps, One on the wizards, and then a little boxing talk. But the biggest difference was that the segment was interesting, because it did not include Sally freaking Jenkins.

They were talking Caps and Nationals the first 2 hours. The Money / domestic violence discussion is important, especially in the era we live because we just had Ray Rice and Greg Hardy suspended by the NFL for these issues and there were massive protests. Why does Money get a free pass? I guess we're just different in terms of what we look for because I'm glad they're asking this question. This is a problem in our society, and I don't think a show called "The Man Cave" with a primarily male audience, some of whom may either participate in or have been a witness to domestic violence shouldn't be criticized for addressing it.

I'm not the biggest Sally fan, but she is a respected person in sports and a friend of Reid, so as long as she's not dogging Dan Snyder I'm not mad about them inviting her on. Its different hearing her talk and being able to form my own opinion of her instead of basing it on solely on her relationship with Dan Snyder, who is not a friend of mine and not how I determine the quality of a person's character.

EDIT: I apologize if I came off too critical or made this thread too political, but I just think this is an important issue and at that very moment I was congratulating them (to myself) for taking the time to address domestic violence.

It's not that domestic violence is not an important issue.  It most surely is.  But it's also a mainstream national issue.  When you have 2 local sports teams crushing souls in the playoffs, when they normally do not have success, then LOCAL radio should be all over this and shoving this down our throats.  #CAPS #BulletsFever

They were talking Caps and Nationals the first 2 hours. The Money / domestic violence discussion is important, especially in the era we live because we just had Ray Rice and Greg Hardy suspended by the NFL for these issues and there were massive protests. Why does Money get a free pass? I guess we're just different in terms of what we look for because I'm glad they're asking this question. This is a problem in our society, and I don't think a show called "The Man Cave" with a primarily male audience, some of whom may either participate in or have been a witness to domestic violence shouldn't be criticized for addressing it.

I'm not the biggest Sally fan, but she is a respected person in sports and a friend of Reid, so as long as she's not dogging Dan Snyder I'm not mad about them inviting her on. Its different hearing her talk and being able to form my own opinion of her instead of basing it on solely on her relationship with Dan Snyder, who is not a friend of mine and not how I determine the quality of a person's character.

EDIT: I apologize if I came off too critical or made this thread too political, but I just think this is an important issue and at that very moment I was congratulating them (to myself) for taking the time to address domestic violence.

you are caping wayyyy too hard for that show...it sucks right now.  All the bad reviews the show is getting is warranted and accurate.  I'll occasionally flip on the show only to hear some stupid segment about favorite fictional boxer, or best burgers, or some random crap.  between 8 and 9, we should be hearing 90% sports and 10% other.  Not 40% sports, 20% some loser from the Post, and 40% other.

you are caping wayyyy too hard for that show...it sucks right now.  All the bad reviews the show is getting is warranted and accurate.  I'll occasionally flip on the show only to hear some stupid segment about favorite fictional boxer, or best burgers, or some random crap.  between 8 and 9, we should be hearing 90% sports and 10% other.  Not 40% sports, 20% some loser from the Post, and 40% other.

I'm just commenting. If you think it sucks, then that's you. I'm enjoying it so yeah I hype it the same way I'd hype a player I like that I think wasn't getting enough positive coverage here.

As far as the 8 o clock hour, is that a standard rule? If so, I have never heard it. Why do Grant and Danny start their 1:00 hour with "stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with sports" and argue about the validity of star wars or whether milk belongs on cereal? Tony Kornheiser, the Junkies, and Mike and Mike aren't near that formula you mention so I don't get why you're holding this show to that standard.

Ultimately the region will tell if it lasts or not. But with Kevin Sheehan and Thom Lovarro having a show this long, I think they're far from the worse thing on that station. But if you do, you have a right to. But don't knock me simply because I like something you don't.

And Rocky Marciano is not a fictional boxer. The line they always quote is from Coming to America, probably one of the top movies of the 80s, if not all time, and its a classic line from a classic scene from that movie. Do they overplay a classic line from a classic scene in a classic movie? Maybe, but I'd rather hear that overplayed than "Nic Saban is a better man than you" which is what we're guaranteed to hear from Grant and Danny, or some segment with girls calling in and giving their "number" which is what the Junkies are gonna give us, or Mike and Mike "arguing" whether $200 haircut is masculine.

Archived