Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate Lavar and Chad

riggo4ever

This show has been awful, everytime I have tried to listen they aren't even talking about sports....  I realize it's early on but its so bad for me that I cant even listen anymore.  As much as I ****ed about mike and mike I would gladly take that back over this crap show....

the production value seems super low for some reason.

is every segment intro chris paul just talking in weird/funny voices, overly produced? because that's what i seems like to me.

i'm not really into it. i listen because i want something, anything, to compete with the junkies.

I will give Reid credit for this, they took calls this morning and Skins fans have been killing the local sports media in this town for being the source of controversy. Now although Pollin was getting called out more than anything, Reid is a part of that and he took it very well. Even going as far as saying one caller's criticism of the local media was fair.

the production value seems super low for some reason.

is every segment intro chris paul just talking in weird/funny voices, overly produced? because that's what i seems like to me.

i'm not really into it. i listen because i want something, anything, to compete with the junkies.

The show reminds me of when the Grant and Danny show was first started. Danny was doing a lot of voices and jjokes, they seemed like two fat guys talking about food and arguing about star wars instead of talking sports. But they seem to have found a groove (and part of that groove is the food angle).

I haven't listened to the Junkies since they made fun of this show being cancelled.

The show reminds me of when the Grant and Danny show was first started. Danny was doing a lot of voices and jjokes, they seemed like two fat guys talking about food and arguing about star wars instead of talking sports. But they seem to have found a groove (and part of that groove is the food angle).

I haven't listened to the Junkies since they made fun of this show being cancelled.

Same here...was never enamored with the Junkies.

HTTR!

Found this, and thought it was a good article about the foundation about the new show on 989

Why ‘The Man Cave’ is named ‘The Man Cave’

“Men are works in progress. We understand that we are works in progress, and we want to help you guys work things out, and you help us work some things out. And the common bond between brothers, oftentimes, is sports, when we can’t talk about anything else. See you ladies are so good at sharing your feelings and talking to each other and working things out. Men, we’re not.

“So what do we talk about? Sports. I’m worried about my family; I’m talking sports. I’ve got pressures on my job; I’m talking sports. You know? I have doubts, something’s wrong with me health-wise, I’m gonna talk sports to take my mind off it. That’s what men use to get us through the struggles and pains of daily life: sports.

Yes, the tone of the show is really boring when Andy is on anything..

And I guess they'll be interviewing the janitor at the Washington Post tomorrow since they've had everyone else who works there on.

Funny you say that. Listening to this show gives me the impression that this may have been a PR move by the Skins (or the guy who was recently fired) to improve relationships between the Post and the Skins (or at least the Post and ESPN980). I mean I don't know when the last time I've heard Sally on the radio, let alone doing a regular segment. Given, this is also probably where most of Reids contacts are, but I did find it interesting.

Funny you say that. Listening to this show gives me the impression that this may have been a PR move by the Skins (or the guy who was recently fired) to improve relationships between the Post and the Skins (or at least the Post and ESPN980). I mean I don't know when the last time I've heard Sally on the radio, let alone doing a regular segment. Given, this is also probably where most of Reids contacts are, but I did find it interesting.

Agreed. Also, after hearing Sally on the radio, and Reid showering her with compliments, I think my eyes were about to roll on out of my head. 

The problem is that it's boring. Reid is boring. Sally is boring. Polin is VERY boring.

Shrug. It's option 3 for me. 1. Is Mike and Mike, 2 is the Junkies, and three is Man Cave.

I'd love to have a local show in the morning that is my go-to, but there just isn't. And M&M at least generally have interesting guests, even ifs think Golic is an Oaf and Greenie is a Weenie.

I have just stopped turning the radio on in the morning now, cant stand any of the options currently available. I will occasionally listen to Gio and Jones but that one is just a crappy version of Mike and Mike. Ugh who would have thought I would be wishing for Mike and Mike back....

I have just stopped turning the radio on in the morning now, cant stand any of the options currently available. I will occasionally listen to Gio and Jones but that one is just a crappy version of Mike and Mike. Ugh who would have thought I would be wishing for Mike and Mike back....

They're on 570. Join the party.

Some of the segments are similar to what they have on the Tom Joyner Morning Show. Coco Fresh is similar to Huggy Lowdown and I'm not a fan of either segment.

I was REALLY struggling this morning. The Junkies were just yelling in my ear about AT&T (though I listened to and liked the segment with Brooks L:aic. That's always one of the best every week.)  

Mancave had Coco on, then a REALLY BORING segment with a REALLY boring guy from the Post about some NBA player who had a drug problem, and Mike and Mike only talked NBA.

It was just the pits of the world.  

Howard Stern was good this morning, as was MLB Network radio ... had a nice, unbiased, non-panicky analysis of the Nats for about 10 minutes, too. And a nice breakdown around the psychological impacts a contract year could be having on Desmond, Zimmermann, eventually Span and Fister's mental states this year. Most obviously, with Desi.

But Voice...

WHY DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT EB'S PHONE!

The conversation was one I'd have been laughing and enjoying, if not for a little too much screaming. I enjoy certain radio personalities getting angry, but it can get annoying at a certain point.

I don't want to hear about Mike & Mike.. They come off all self righteous, and as squeaky clean as choir boys. When the WVU coaches daughter tweeted about Dez Wells, calling him a rapist and made comments about Jewish fans, Mike & Mike never even broached the issue with the coach the DAY AFTER the incident happened.

Mike & Mike can't hold a candle to Good Morning America or Mad Dog Radio, NFL Radio. the list is endless.

Shrug. It's option 3 for me. 1. Is Mike and Mike, 2 is the Junkies, and three is Man Cave.

For me its:

1 Whichever of them is talking Redskins

2 Whichever of them is about to talk Redskins

3 Whichever of them isn't talking Redskins

If they aren't talking Redskins then we have to suffer through:

Man cave - talking about guys getting pedicure's

M & M - which of them lost the best and what the other has to do

Junkies - stuff from when I was in high school

Archived