Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When you need to buy something do you consider sponsorship?

bishtw

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

For example if you are hungry and want a burger would pass a Burger King to go to Micky D's because Micky D's was the "Official Sponsor" of the US Olympics.

What made me think of this is I just seen that Pepsi is the "Official Sponsor "of the NFL and even though I love the NFL I will never choose Pepsi over Coke. I will how ever drive past a Lowe's store to go to Home Depot because Home Depot sponsors one of Joe Gibbs cars in NASCAR and I dislike the driver who drives the Lowe's car.

So do you take these things in consideration when making a purchase?

No.

It's not like they are sponsoring a charity anonymously.

A sponsor does so for the advertising exposure. not because of any desire to support the organization. Sponsor just means "organization that bought the most expensive advertising package and entitles them to use the tag Official Sponsor".

I use Visa because they are the official sponsor of Bank of America's generic debit cards

I use Mastercard because they are the official sponsor of Bank of America's NFL debit cards... (One for bills other for fun)

I use Fedex because of the Hamlin/Gibbs/Redskins sponsorships though...

I don't use GE stuff because my dad worked for their rival...

Man **** sponsorship I buy whatever is cheapest...I usually stray away from name brands because you can find products just as nice for less.

There are some exceptions though. But if some clown goes on TV and tells me HAIER IS THE OFFICIAL TV OF THE NBA then I don't give a ****, their sponsorship of the NBA won't affect my decision to purchase the product. The quality of the product and price affect my decision.

If all things are equal the sponsorship might tilt the balance, but I look at quality/price first. In the abstract I prefer to buy American or support a guy whose company is contributing to a good cause (I prefer sponsorships of non profits). However, if your product is way more expensive or not nearly as good then I tend not to buy it. So, it is a consideration, but not a primary one.

Archived