Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: 1st and 10 - Should Haynesworth have been penalized for the Brady hit?

TheShredder

Must admit when I saw the play I knew there would be a uproar about it. Taking the glasses off,,,,, Big Al shouldn't have drove him into the ground.

Why not?

He was not late.

He did not launch himself into Brady.

What else was he supposed to do?

He hit him and drove him to the turf. That's football.

I didn't like the pop Clinton got in the first quarter by Wilfork I believe. No need for a man that big to deliver a shot that literally sent Clinton off his feet and going backwards. Vince should have just gently dragged him down. (being sarcastic).

It was a picture perfect clean hit by Haynesworth.

Shouldn't have been a flag, but let's be honest - Haynesworth intentionally drove him into the ground after the ball was delivered. Borderline clean play, but not illegal.

Borderline clean my ass. Of course he intentionally drove him into the ground. Hit the quarterback with everything that you have or get the eff off of the field. Don't hit the helmet, don't hit the knees, but knock the hell out of the guy and drive him into the ground because that is your job.

Yeah, but I thought they were saying the reason it was called "probably had to do something with the hit Tom Brady took."

Tom Brady is ruining the league for everyone else!

Yeah, Sounds right. I just remember it being mentioned and I thought it was out of line and totally rediculous at the time

No way,

However, I have a feeling he will be if he gets any kind of clear shot on Eli, week 1.

I think he might rip his head off, and piss in the hole given half a chance.:silly:

Rightly or wrongly, AH is going to make a statement of intent on somebody, at some point.

Media is saying it's a flag and there should be a rule...What's the consensus?

HTTR

:logo::logo::logo::logo::logo::logo::logo::logo:

I'm in your boat. At what point do we say enough is enough? He plays football too. He knows the risks going out there & if he's that scared to get hit, then put on a skirt, a red jersey, or a flag & get the **** out of the real man's league. **** the media & their stupidity.

It COULD HAVE been a penalty if the ref wanted to be a dick about it, but he wasn't. He let them play, as he should.

Borderline clean my ass. Of course he intentionally drove him into the ground. Hit the quarterback with everything that you have or get the eff off of the field. Don't hit the helmet, don't hit the knees, but knock the hell out of the guy and drive him into the ground because that is your job.

Bingo!

If it were ANYONE other than Tom Brady that hit would have never been mentioned. I just cant see Skip Bayless popping a piston if say..........Shaun hill were the recipient of said hit

Skip Bayless is just pissed because he was that guy who was dumb enough to draft Tom Brady with the first overall pick in his fantasy draft.

It was Wilfork. Campbell releases the ball, and Wilfork, purposefully, launches himself helmet-first right into Campbell's upper chest. Much more deliberate than Haynesworth's hit on Brady.

If anything, that's the one that should be discussed.

Exactly!!! That was a purposeful hit trying to hurt someone. It was a cheap shot and a dirty play. The NFL doesn't pay attention to those when it's our team, but God forbid something happen to Tom Bundchen. It's the Robert Kraft/Jerry Jones love fest. Those cats get away with anything.

I watched that shot on Campbell, and I hoped so hard for someone to lay the wood to Brady. Turn about is fair play.

No, it should not have been.

Sorry, 330+ lb men don't stop on a dime, and they sure as hell don't fall like a feather. Haynesworth hit Brady straight on, wrapped him up, and tackled him straight backwards. Big men fall hard, and luckly our $100 million dollar man had something to break his fall, thanks Brady!

Maybe Brady shouldn't have fallen the way he did, hmm? I mean it's only preseason after all, why not just tuck the ball and fall (like he did earlier in the game when Carter was 5 yards away from him) rather than throw an incomplete pass and possibly dislocate your shoulder? Maybe, if the league is so intent on protecting QBs, they should start flagging them for putting themselves in danger? Campbell doesn't slide when a defender is near him: 15 yard penalty; Brady doesn't curl into the fetal posistion when there's a defender within 5 yards of him: 15 yard penalty. Makes about as much sense as throwing a flag for a clean tackle.

To be honest, considering who it was I was surprised they didn't pull a flag. So considering they didn't pull a flag for him it really wasn't that bad. They're very touchy when it comes to Brady I've noticed, well I think I speak for everyone when I say that.

I always love how when Brady gets hit, knocked down or sacked he looks for a flag 80% of the time, always cracks me up.

Next year they will com out the the BRADY 2HANDTOUCH RULE......it will part of the CBA bank on it.

The rule....."If a QB is standing in the pocket you must Give him a 5 yard HALO and slow count to 5 then you may ask him if you can touch his body....if he says yes then you can 2 hand touch him down...if he declines then you may not pull his flags or 2 hand touch him down....you must return to starting position and wait until the next play"

I think there should have been a flag.

tied around brady's waist for opponents to pull off so he doesnt get any more boo boos.

Haaaa! Too Funny :hysterical:

The hit on Brady...the hit on Brady....that's all you hear all damn day, it's disgusting!

Does anyone know what Michael Irvin said about the hit? He usually goes against the grain and says what he thinks...That's why he got canned from Gameday.

Archived