Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help::::how to watch games at college?

tim5129

Im going to college in north carolina and i need to know how to watch the redskins??? i do not have a car so bars are out of the question. some one please help me

Without Sunday Ticket from DirecTV, you're stuck with the Panthers.

Sorry.

Unless you can find online streaming on game day (very difficult sometimes) then there aren't really a lot of options.

See all the watching games online threads going on.

Also, find someone in the area on this board who may be nice enough to let you come over, that's what I've mostly been doing(thanks again SkinsFanInTN and Zoony!).

Last resort, find someone who is also from out of the area to take you to a bar, or maybe a bus?

If you'll have good internet connection at your college, get sling box from best buy. It hooks up to your cable box and router at home and allows you to stream the TV over the internet.

Thats what I'd do. Talk to your parents or friends at home. Buy a slingbox and set it up and watch away.

Or find somewhere on campus like a lounge or coffee bar type place and see if they are playing the games.

where are you going to school?

I also go to school in NC and believe it or not, a lot of skins game are still shown. Usually about half are shown on TV ( when the panthers arnt playing at the same time, the skins are most likely on). Also, when the games wern't on tv, I streamed it on my computer and watched it there. There were plenty of places online to go and get the games. Luckily this semester I will be having nfl ticket on our nice 42 inch TV, so I wont have that problem. Maybe if we go to the same school ill be nice enough to let you come over on sundays and watch haha

Good luck. It does suck

I don't know if this is feasible for you or not but when I was in school, my parents had DirecTV with Sunday Ticket at home. Well we happened to have an old dish in our basement, so I took that and set it up at my apartment at school. Then my parents ordered an extra receiver ($5 extra a month). They gave me the receiver, hooked it to my dish and problem solved.

Like I said I don't know if you could pull that off, but just throwing it out there.

I don't know if this is feasible for you or not but when I was in school, my parents had DirecTV with Sunday Ticket at home. Well we happened to have an old dish in our basement, so I took that and set it up at my apartment at school. Then my parents ordered an extra receiver ($5 extra a month). They gave me the receiver, hooked it to my dish and problem solved.

Like I said I don't know if you could pull that off, but just throwing it out there.

That's piracy. Not everybody gets caught, but those that do get fined hard.

I've never used Slingbox, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

You may have to suffer. When I went to college the 'skins had just won their first Superbowl. Being in Michigan, I got to watch the Lions. Whoo hoo! Then I got a bunch of grief from people because the 'skins then got trounced by the Raiders in the next Superbowl. Ah well, at least my team had made it two years in a row and had won one.

Try going to college games. That's a blast. If the Redskins make it to the playoffs then the games will be nationally televised and you can watch all the important stuff then.

Archived