Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

6 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

the rams put up 40+ two weeks ago.  We hold them to 20. Then they put up 41 tonight.  Is our d good, or did we out coach them?

They scored those 40+ points against the Colts & 49ers.  I hope to goodness our D is better than those two units.  Yes coaching is better on D but the two previous mentioned teams have nary a victory on the season, regardless of how "hard" they've played.  They are not good, either one of them.  On a side note, glad we played the Rams early.  They will give someone a big loss eventually.  They a a dangerous team down the line.  A bit shocked Wade's defense isn't better in all honesty.  Glad we hired Manusky. 

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 5

Last night's game was awesome. For two teams that get no respect, they showed damn well and kept me glued til the last minute. It was also pretty cool to watch lil Shanny and baby McVay duel it out; two great offensive masterminds and former Skins OCs. I don't believe the high score is truly indicative of either of their defenses; the game just turned into a good old fashioned shoot out.

I don't know what the Vegas line was, but I bet a lottttt of uneducated fans saw Rams v 9ers and put bad money on the under.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just posted about Ethan Albright's letter in the Su'a thread.  He didn't write it but it is ****ing hilarious.  EQUALLY hilarious AND true is this correspondence between the State of Michigan and a Mr.Stephen Tvedten regarding some beavers.  I hope you take the time to read it.  It is seriously one of the funniest dammed things I have ever encountered.  Laugh & live longer...and happier!

http://www.snopes.com/humor/letters/dammed.asp

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Haha 2

Taking a knee during the playing of the national anthem is a symbolic act.  When you declare a song to be the national anthem, that song becomes a symbol for the nation. This symbolism has nothing to do with the words in the song.  In fact, many people would prefer "America the Beautiful" to be our national anthem rather than "The Star Spangled Banner," a song that does a good job glorifying a battle scene.  Doesn't matter to me.   The players are taking a knee to demonstrate, symbolically, that they are upset by the nation that is represented, symbolically, by the national anthem.  

It should be said that the players are using their first amendment rights to protest.  Some people will call the players' actions foolish; others will call the players' actions brave.  All people should know that these players are exercising their right to protest, a right that is protected by our Constitution.  In a representative democracy, such as ours, you have the right and, I would argue, the responsibility to protest when you feel that an injustice is occurring. To sit silently in one's room while believing an injustice is occurring would be, in my estimation, cowardly and unAmerican.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

So what is the point of players taking a knee for the National Anthem?...why do they do it?...type the words to the National Anthem and tell me what words are said that make them take a knee..what is the point of the song?

Not sure if these lyrics have anything to do with the protests but

' no refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave '

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Has kirks baby been born yet? Thought it was due to be born sometime before week 2 game and then it was supposed to be born sometime this week. Haven’t heard anything 

I don't know why, but I envisioned Kirk having an Alien baby......... (KIRK's Baby)

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Those lyrics are in the national anthem?

They are from the third stanza of Francis Scott Key's  poem "The Star Spangled Banner," which supplies the lyrics to our national anthem.  We rarely, if ever, sing all four verses.

Sorry, I'll move over to that thread.  Thanks for the heads-up.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I really hope this team makes a stand tmrw against the President on the national stage.  It woudl be fitting for a team from DC to do this

Take it to the Tailgate. It's already being discussed here:

Next one that wants to bring politics into the Stadium gets a time out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dswerdlw said:

Taking a knee during the playing of the national anthem is a symbolic act.  When you declare a song to be the national anthem, that song becomes a symbol for the nation. This symbolism has nothing to do with the words in the song.  In fact, many people would prefer "America the Beautiful" to be our national anthem rather than "The Star Spangled Banner," a song that does a good job glorifying a battle scene.  Doesn't matter to me.   The players are taking a knee to demonstrate, symbolically, that they are upset by the nation that is represented, symbolically, by the national anthem.  

It should be said that the players are using their first amendment rights to protest.  Some people will call the players' actions foolish; others will call the players' actions brave.  All people should know that these players are exercising their right to protest, a right that is protected by our Constitution.  In a representative democracy, such as ours, you have the right and, I would argue, the responsibility to protest when you feel that an injustice is occurring. To sit silently in one's room while believing an injustice is occurring would be, in my estimation, cowardly and unAmerican.  

As US citizens we have first amendment rights, but not while working.  When you are on the clock, you have to follow company rules.  For the most part, these rules over ride 1A.  If you want to kneel, quit football, buy a ticket to the game and kneel at your seat.  My team, my rules.  wear a tie when we travel, lights out at 11pm night before rode games, stand up during the NA.  Or, ride the pine.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, TK said:

Take it to the Tailgate. It's already being discussed here:

Next one that wants to bring politics into the Stadium gets a time out. 

7 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

As US citizens we have first amendment rights, but not while working.  When you are on the clock, you have to follow company rules.  For the most part, these rules over ride 1A.  If you want to kneel, quit football, buy a ticket to the game and kneel at your seat.  My team, my rules.  wear a tie when we travel, lights out at 11pm night before rode games, stand up during the NA.  Or, ride the pine.

That warning sat there for 3 hours before you posted & you still ignored it. Congrats, you get to be the example. We'll see you when you get back.

10 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

That escalated quickly...

I'm just trying to find the London game, anybody know what channel it's on?

It's streaming on Yahoo

• Thanks 1

Question for those that might have an answer.

When the mods put out a warning inside a thread, is there a way to quickly find that information out? 

Sometimes I enter a thread without reading every post inside it, and can easily miss a warning posted 10 posts up.

Edited by dyst

2 hours ago, dyst said:

Question for those that might have an answer.

When the mods put out a warning inside a thread, is there a way to quickly find that information out? 

Sometimes I enter a thread without reading every post inside it, and can easily miss a warning posted 10 posts up.

If everyone would just follow the Rules to begin with then we wouldn't have to put warnings in threads. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1