Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Moving the Redskins to Virginia, especially Dulles, may be one of the most ridiculous ideas I've heard in a long time. Yes, bringing the team there would really help raise the profile of the area and help businesses. Let's get something straight, Ashburn and Reston and Herndon are growing by the day, and it's a hip place to be. 

That being said, it does take an hour for MOST of us to get there. And of course, there's a big ol' damn TOLL ROAD blocking the way. And to somehow assume that traffic would somewhat get better in about 10 years with this damn toll road still around, and 80,000 people jamming it trying to get home after a game, don't tell me that's better than getting out of FedEx because that is absolutely untrue. 

If you want to move the Redskins from FedEx, go ahead. Move them to DC then. But not National Harbor. And definitely not Reston / Ashburn. It would make zero sense to do it from a fan perspective. 

• Like 2

I have to disagree.  Getting out of FedEx is a freaking nightmare.  I imagine wherever they opt to move the stadium will also bring about plans for creating sufficient roads in and out of the stadium.

Loudoun County is the richest county in the USA.  I think everything will be alright in the event they opt to put it out there.

Just now, SkinsFanMania said:

They would most likely have to change the name.  Not happening

Yeah, didn't want to bring that up but I know Mayor Bowser's pretty much set there. Now, I doubt she'll still be Mayor by the time the lease is up but at that point, I'm sure we'll already have our venue locked up by then.

As long as it's Metro accessible, the tickets are affordable, and the team, they can play where ever they want. I'd prefer they play at a more stripped down, bare bones venue to keep the opposing fans and rich transplants out. :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I have to disagree.  Getting out of FedEx is a freaking nightmare.  I imagine wherever they opt to move the stadium will also bring about plans for creating sufficient roads in and out of the stadium.

Loudoun County is the richest county in the USA.  I think everything will be alright in the event they opt to put it out there.

Depends where you're going. 495 in the direction of Silver Spring is congested, but it all eases up around 95. And it's not that bad. 

The last game I went to there was no traffic on the way back. (Packers - Redskins 2016 Regular Season) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don't know what's worse...

The bad posts, or the fake, but believable bad posts people make to mock the real bad posts.

What's wrong with mocking the real bad posts?? It's training camp, it's all fun right now (until we really do start losing games). 

Nothing wrong with posting something like "ZOMG 2 interceptions in 2 days for Kirk, he'll throw 30 this season!!!!" in a joking matter :P gets the point across that training camp isn't anything to get worked up about :) 

I liked Sonny. But back in the Sonny/Billy era, when players didn't report to camp in peak condition/work out the entire year, did any fans even notice when we watched the games; were you any less entertained?  I think the games were actually more entertaining in that era of we'll get everyone into shape at camp.  All teams did it, it was a level playing field, and no fan ever complained.  Players bodies take an awful lot of abuse, and think there is something to be said in giving their bodies and brain extended down time.  Everything in moderation, including yes even extreme workouts.

sonny616a.jpg&w=480

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2017 at 10:02 AM, SkinsFanMania said:

They would most likely have to change the name.  Not happening

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Obama make some kind of directive to prevent the Redskins from building a stadium on the RFK lot and the worry was that Hillary would continue that?  I don't want to get political, but I doubt Trump has continued that, so its up to the Mayor to turn down those dollar bills now.

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, c slag said:

Anybody remember the game against Baltimore when a thunderstorm caused the power to go out and the game was canceled? 

Preseason? There was one preseason game against Baltimore where there was a delay due to a thunder storm/lightning, and yes I believe the power did go out for a while. Then the game was played and then halftime occurred, and then after halftime we scored, and right after we scored to go up by like 4, the game was called off due to even more lightning and thunder. So we won basically. I believe the game finally got called during the Ravens drive ??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Preseason? There was one preseason game against Baltimore where there was a delay due to a thunder storm/lightning, and yes I believe the power did go out for a while. Then the game was played and then halftime occurred, and then after halftime we scored, and right after we scored to go up by like 4, the game was called off due to even more lightning and thunder. So we won basically. I believe the game finally got called during the Ravens drive ??

Yes that was the game and I forgot that it was a preseason game I do remember getting soaked and everybody crowding into the tunnels on the upper deck to try and stay dry

Camp opened up and seems like a funeral is being held. Has too much information zapped Fans enthusiasm?> I noticed low numbers viewing the stadium here. 

I wonder if the instant info, the quick takes, the hot takes have saturated the fans? Is this an overall Redskins thing, an NFL thing, seems more seats empty last year then I remember, less activity on the board here, camp attendance on opening day was low......I just don't know, Has the NFL peaked? 

5 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Camp opened up and seems like a funeral is being held. Has too much information zapped Fans enthusiasm?> I noticed low numbers viewing the stadium here. 

I wonder if the instant info, the quick takes, the hot takes have saturated the fans? Is this an overall Redskins thing, an NFL thing, seems more seats empty last year then I remember, less activity on the board here, camp attendance on opening day was low......I just don't know, Has the NFL peaked? 

Opening day of camp, the weather was awful. Hot and humid. Who wants to stand around in that.

Too bad they aren't holding a practice here in Richmond today. Sunny and only in the low 70s right now (we are only going to get to 80 degrees today), which is unheard of around here in late July. Usually, it is always the "3 H's" this time of year (hazy, hot, and humid).

The board is more quiet than in seasons past, but I get the impression of more folks lurking rather than simply not around.

Guess they don't want to get their hopes up reading some of the camp stuff, but the Cousins thread proves that they are still here. :) 

12 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Opening day of camp, the weather was awful. Hot and humid. Who wants to stand around in that.

Too bad they aren't holding a practice here in Richmond today. Sunny and only in the low 70s right now (we are only going to get to 80 degrees today), which is unheard of around here in late July. Usually, it is always the "3 H's" this time of year (hazy, hot, and humid).

The board is more quiet than in seasons past, but I get the impression of more folks lurking rather than simply not around.

Guess they don't want to get their hopes up reading some of the camp stuff, but the Cousins thread proves that they are still here. :) 

Well You might be right about the board anyway....I asked JPfinlay about the camp attendance. 

Board  64 Members, 4 Anonymous, 1,797 Guests (See full list)

Stadium,Recently Browsing   8 members

• Like 1

On 7/29/2017 at 0:32 PM, c slag said:

Anybody remember the game against Baltimore when a thunderstorm caused the power to go out and the game was canceled? 

Yes I was at the game.  It delayed the start by about an our and then was delayed again a few minutes after halftime ended before being cancelled after the lightning hit the stadium.  I was at that game.

i believe a rookie draft pick named Dallas (Sartz)??? returned a pick for a TD right after halftime that decided the game for us.

Edited by SkinsFanMania

22 minutes ago, SkinsFanMania said:

Yes I was at the game.  It delayed the start by about an out and then was delayed again before being cancelled after the lightning hit the stadium.  I was at that game.

I remember the stadium playing songs having to do with rain, one of them being "have you ever seen the rain". My brother and I were sitting in one of the suites at the time and we thought that was pretty funny

22 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I remember the stadium playing songs having to do with rain, one of them being "have you ever seen the rain". My brother and I were sitting in one of the suites at the time and we thought that was pretty funny

I was in the upper deck having a conversation with another few fans and eating at thr sausage and onions kiosk.  It was a blast.  I absolutely do remember those smogs being played.