Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

2 minutes ago, DCtoSC_SKINS_LIFER said:

Go for a nice long hike at 1pm every Sunday and keep your phone turned off until 11pm. I find that no matter how hard I try to stay in the dark about games that have already happened, I get the results told to me in the most random ways possible from people I didn’t even know watch football. 

So in the most remote , barren, desolate hiking areas, where you cross paths with one human every 6 hours on average, there never fails to be a random, complete stranger with a crusty beard, rugged wrinkly tan face, and torn hat and ripped clothing, 4-foot backpack with all his belongings, and 1951 shotgun, rustle out of the bushes, just to say "Say, can you believe those Redskins lost to the Cardinals 37-34, after blowing a 37-13 4th quarter lead ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tarpon75 said:

Good for you. Can you explain  the $60 off, are saying they are taking $60 off every month for 12 mos.? 

Yes, I couldn't believe it myself, I just had  a $35 per month discount run out. My monthly payment is $80 for the next 6, then in the $50 range for the next 6....then i call again and hope for next year. 

38 minutes ago, teflon don said:

Yes, I couldn't believe it myself, I just had  a $35 per month discount run out. My monthly payment is $80 for the next 6, then in the $50 range for the next 6....then i call again and hope for next year. 

That’s great, I called about a week ago and they basically told me that there was nothing they could do for me. I have had Sunday ticket for around 20 years. I will try again soon.

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So in the most remote , barren, desolate hiking areas, where you cross paths with one human every 6 hours on average, there never fails to be a random, complete stranger with a crusty beard, rugged wrinkly tan face, and torn hat and ripped clothing, 4-foot backpack with all his belongings, and 1951 shotgun, rustle out of the bushes, just to say "Say, can you believe those Redskins lost to the Cardinals 37-34, after blowing a 37-13 4th quarter lead ?

Precisely?

6 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

That’s great, I called about a week ago and they basically told me that there was nothing they could do for me. I have had Sunday ticket for around 20 years. I will try again soon.

There was some site, you know the "former employee tells all" and if you've been with them over 10 years they are able to offer x y and z. You at 20 years should get the red carpet.  

I normally have to try more than once, but have my best results weekday mornings, go straight to retention dept. Which you probably know.Good luck! 

10 hours ago, c slag said:

Hopefully someone can post those color coded tv maps in here so we can cringe at the announcers that they are going to assign the Redskins all season long 

Map isn't up yet, but I know that Thom Brennaman and Chris Spielman are calling the Redskins/Cardinals game.

Here is the link to that site:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=1

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, teflon don said:

There was some site, you know the "former employee tells all" and if you've been with them over 10 years they are able to offer x y and z. You at 20 years should get the red carpet.  

I normally have to try more than once, but have my best results weekday mornings, go straight to retention dept. Which you probably know.Good luck! 

Things seem to have changed this year. AT&T seems to have assimilated DirecTV now. I've been with them for about 15 years. Up until this year I simply call, threaten to cancel and received an embarrassment of compensation to get me to stay. Free Sunday Ticket, x amount off my bill for 12 mos., free movie channels for 3 mos, etc. This year it took me 5 calls and I finally got the $60 off per month for 12 mos. And that's it. Each and every rep insisted they COULD NOT discount my Sunday Ticket whatsoever. Hell the first rep I got rather quickly asked me the effective date for my cancellation without offering ANYTHING to retain me!! Certainly tougher sledding this year.

Edited by VeroViper

I watch the games legally and I don't pay a penny.  I don't live locally.  Just by being a YouTube TV subscriber.  If you're a cord-cutter, it's the best service for this reason.  

Get a VPN (I use Unlocator for five bucks a month, which enables me to watch blacked out NHL games as well.)  Then do this.  All it takes is a laptop or desktop with a Google Chrome browser.

https://www.expressvpn.com/support/troubleshooting/spoof-location-google-chrome/

Then I watch on YouTube TV like a local.  

8 hours ago, Garcon More Wine said:

couldnt find in the search, but ill be in Leeds UK next week during the colts game.  anywhere to watch skins games in that area?  any bar or restaurant will work, let me know UK skins fans!  thanks!

Very unlikely. Outside of the superbowl i have never seen any NFL on the TV at a UK bar and our restaurants dont usually have any TVs. Think you'll find it difficult to watch anywhere except online at your hotel to be honest.

Edited by UKskins

So is it still not OK to post links to sites that stream games? I found one that's streaming the 1 pm games, so they're probably gonna stream the 4pm games too. I used them last season also. It's totally free, no downloads etc, you just have to fill out a very short registration for the website before you can watch. 

If its OK, I'll post the link, if not I can PM it to whoever wants it.

13 minutes ago, brandymac27 said:

So is it still not OK to post links to sites that stream games? I found one that's streaming the 1 pm games, so they're probably gonna stream the 4pm games too. I used them last season also. It's totally free, no downloads etc, you just have to fill out a very short registration for the website before you can watch. 

If its OK, I'll post the link, if not I can PM it to whoever wants it.

Just to add to this for those who are looking for ways to watch - Don't know if it is ok to post links or not, so I won't either but there is a subreddit devoted entirely to NFL streams (quite easy to google and locate it) that provides lots of links for every game, All links are totally free and none of the links require signup/downloads.

Edited by UKskins
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Just to add to this for those who are looking for ways to watch - Don't know if it is ok to post links or not, so I won't either but there is a subreddit devoted entirely to NFL streams (quite easy to google and locate it) that provides lots of links for every game, All links are totally free and none of the links require signup/downloads.

I sent you a PM.

Just now, brandymac27 said:

I tried this and the only thing that happens is a bunch of windows on the screen that you have to close out which tell me I have a virus lol.

Try downloading AdBlock for your browser. Should help kill some of those windows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brandymac27 said:

I tried this and the only thing that happens is a bunch of windows on the screen that you have to close out which tell me I have a virus lol.

I don't I use UBlock Origin in my browser ;) Try the other in HD, I'm actually watching Mister You Vike that ! great quality

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Try downloading AdBlock for your browser. Should help kill some of those windows.

3 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I don't I use UBlock Origin in my browser ;) Try the other in HD, I'm actually watching Mister You Vike that ! great quality

Will this work on a tablet?