Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you use a tanning bed?

artmonkforHOF

If you do, get ready for a suprise!!!! New study out shows that tanning beds are not nearly as safe as those salon attendants like to tell you.

Really is this news to any educated person? And to tie this into the health care thread, should people who use tanning beds pay more for a universal health care system since they willingly exposed themselves to cancer? At least smokers can say they are addicted, mentally and physically to nicotine, which is why they continue to smoke, but what is the excuse for habitual tanning bed clients?

Right now I am picturing everyone in North Jersey reading this article with an unhealthy amount of denial.

LONDON - International cancer experts have moved tanning beds and ultraviolet radiation into the top cancer risk category, deeming both to be as deadly as arsenic and mustard gas.

---

A new analysis of about 20 studies concludes the risk of skin cancer jumps by 75 per cent when people start using tanning beds before age 30. Experts also found that all types of ultraviolet radiation caused worrying mutations in mice, proof the radiation is carcinogenic. Previously, only one type of ultraviolet radiation was thought to be lethal.

click link for rest of article.

http://chealth.canoe.ca/channel_health_news_details.asp?channel_id=131&relation_id=1883&news_channel_id=131&news_id=28645&rid=guido_collage_12408.jpg I got that picture from typing in "guido tan" in google and that was the first picture that popped up.

My girlfriend used a tanning bad through out much of HS. She had a small case of melanoma about 2 years ago, thankfully nothing serious. I've never used a tanning bed and now I definitely don't plan on using one.

My roommates, both guys, use a tanning bed all the time. Why, I have no idea. But I make fun of them all the time for it.

My girlfriend used a tanning bad through out much of HS. She had a small case of melanoma about 2 years ago, thankfully nothing serious. I've never used a tanning bed and now I definitely don't plan on using one.

My roommates, both guys, use a tanning bed all the time. Why, I have no idea. But I make fun of them all the time for it.

Are they going together and holding hands.

I'm not going to lie, I use to tan for about a year when I was single. And I am also not gonna lie and tell you how much more ass I got when I stayed tan 24/7. I wasn't orange or anything, but women commented on my tan all the time and told me how nice it looked.

With that said, I knew it was stupid and a waste of money. I would never do it again.

EDIT: I never dressed or looked like the guys in the OP

I'm white as a sheet and have NEVER been tempted to go to a tanning bed. I'm sorry but anything that so closely resembles a human toaster-oven should be avoided at all costs. IMO tanning beds are proof that marketing could sell anything, rank them next to cigarettes and in 40 years people will laugh at the ads for tanning salons and wonder how people could fall for such utter foolishness.

Archived