Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Like the Lavar Show

method man

I'd probably listen if they weren't in Doc's time slot...

Agreed in the sense that Doc is the best sports talk personality in the area by far, imho, but the JT show ends at 4 and Lavar runs 3-6 iirc. I wish they'd put Doc on the drive home, I rarely get to listen to him these days and I love his work. He gets me so pumped up when he starts talking Redskins.

Agreed in the sense that Doc is the best sports talk personality in the area by far, imho, but the JT show ends at 4 and Lavar runs 3-6 iirc. I wish they'd put Doc on the drive home, I rarely get to listen to him these days and I love his work. He gets me so pumped up when he starts talking Redskins.

ditto my friend. no one tells it like Doc does, no one can speak about the Skins the way Doc can. it's hard to explain, but the man gets it. the way he describes the game, the adjectives he uses, I look forward to his postgame comments during the season. I love Coach but I'm waiting for the day Doc has his own show back, The Locker Room

does anybody notice how he refers to the skins as "they" or "them?" i mean it's cool if he's talkin about the current team, but he says it for teams he was a part of. i noticed it when he was talkin about the 03 or 04 team and said somethin along the lines of "and they still didn't win." i just find it a little odd.

as far as the show over all, it's ok. i've been listenin to it more than i listen to the sports reporters. i don't think they are as objective as they claim to be though. and i kinda get tired of them sayin how they're free to say what they want and "the other station" has to say what danny wants and all that stuff. it's a bunch of people on 980 who are critical of the team, for example the sports reporters lol. doc walker is more positive than the others, but he let's the team have it all the time.

does anybody notice how he refers to the skins as "they" or "them?" i mean it's cool if he's talkin about the current team, but he says it for teams he was a part of. i noticed it when he was talkin about the 03 or 04 team and said somethin along the lines of "and they still didn't win." i just find it a little odd.

as far as the show over all, it's ok. i've been listenin to it more than i listen to the sports reporters. i don't think they are as objective as they claim to be though. and i kinda get tired of them sayin how they're free to say what they want and "the other station" has to say what danny wants and all that stuff. it's a bunch of people on 980 who are critical of the team, for example the sports reporters lol. doc walker is more positive than the others, but he let's the team have it all the time.

I've heard him refer to the current team as "we".

I've heard him refer to the current team as "we".

yeah he does. let me clarify, i'm not sayin he always says it one way or another, i just noticed it a couple of times, and when i noticed it, he was sayin somethin negative. maybe he only says "they" when he's talkin about stupid moves. maybe he just uses them both interchangeably. it just seems to me that you would always use "we" on teams you played on no matter what you're sayin, or how you feel about the team.

I would like the show more without Chad Dukes. He's not abrasive, he's just annoying. Abrasive is okay, annoying is not. LaVar could have a future if they get someone else to co-host with him. I can't support a show with someone as obnoxious as Chad Dukes.

I won’t listen to Mr. Nickels the former Giant out of principle. On his way out of town, he was boldly rude to the man that made him a multi-millionaire, (accusing him of trying to cheat him and never apologized when the accusations were proven false), and because he just couldn’t tolerate the fans love for anyone but himself, he attacked the man who once coached the team during our franchises proudest moments—the decade of dominance.

Let me guess; he’ still repeating that same tired old speech about “those who know the real story…” when there isn’t any reason why it should be kept secret anymore anyway, right?

It’s a free country and the guys allowed to make a living, but he won’t have me as a listener unless he starts showing a little humility. He should hang out with Darrell Green for a year.

Add me to the list of those who really like the show. I can't listen live for obvious reasons but listen to the archive. I like the topics and open discussion. I was a HUGE Lavar fan when he was here and was a little miffed when he went and played for the enemy. But I am coming around to being a fan again.

For some reason it seems to me that Lavar's show is first and foremost an ego-stroking conduit. The man makes a good point every now and then but he strikes me as exceedingly self-centered. Dukes is just a train wreck and really needs to be given the boot.

Doc Walker has been by far my favorite radio personality to listen to when it comes to the Skins.

Both of them are so stupid it is amazing. Dukes claims to be a lifetime fan, his family used to have season tickets, but the other day did not understand that it was DC who caused Jack Kent Cooke to put up Fedex field in the middle of nowhere. A caller had to tell them that Cooke wanted the stadium right next to RFK but that Sharon "The original Palin" Pratt Kelly ****ed him over and blocked it.

I think that they are idiots. They are uninformed and bring no real insight to anything.

I won’t listen to Mr. Nickels the former Giant out of principle. On his way out of town, he was boldly rude to the man that made him a multi-millionaire, (accusing him of trying to cheat him and never apologized when the accusations were proven false), and because he just couldn’t tolerate the fans love for anyone but himself, he attacked the man who once coached the team during our franchises proudest moments—the decade of dominance.

Let me guess; he’ still repeating that same tired old speech about “those who know the real story…” when there isn’t any reason why it should be kept secret anymore anyway, right?

It’s a free country and the guys allowed to make a living, but he won’t have me as a listener unless he starts showing a little humility. He should hang out with Darrell Green for a year.

How do you know what the real story is? I mean I'm not saying it is necessarily true, but Lavar's version of the events is plausible (he signed without his agent there because he thought of Snyder, Vinnny, and Co. as family).

How do you know what the real story is? I mean I'm not saying it is necessarily true, but Lavar's version of the events is plausible (he signed without his agent there because he thought of Snyder, Vinnny, and Co. as family).

It speaks volumes that his agent lost his accreditation because he found reason after reason NOT to attend the hearings into his/LaVar's allegations.

Is there a written version of Lavar's version of this story? I heard him tell a little of it a week or so ago, but didnt' catch it all. It was interesting and I was hoping to find it written down somewhere, but haven't found anything.....

Lavar is not a dumb guy, actually as far as athletes go, hes extremely bright. However, I think he's one of the most selfish athletes I have ever seen. He was by far my favorite Redskin, and one of my favorite athletes of all time. WAS is the keyword in that sentence. I cannot stand the guy any longer... He will forever be an ex-giant in my eyes, and it has nothing to do with him leaving the redskins...

Its not a bad show, and I'll listen to it generally over music still for the most part, but it is no Big O and Dukes, that's for sure. Indeed, one of the things I liked about the Big O and Dukes show was that it constantly was moving and changing, new topics every segment or two usually, you always had something new you were listening to. AND it generally wasn't the same stuff talked about on the Junkies just before or TMOM after. Now its just "The same crap you heard talked about on UnWise Mike, but from Lavar and Dukes". Not to mention too that well...remember the opening to the Big O and Dukes show with Chad going "We're not Hacks"....well, they're hacks. By that I mean a LOT of stuff seems scripted. The things they say going into break and the setup for it seems like pure and simple Shtick, it seems like it was talked about and prepped before hand, and I hate that. I loved the no shtick feel of the old show.

This show isn't interactive, it is passive, and its still a shame that the best show on radio was taken off the air for this.

Archived