Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Like the Lavar Show

method man

I just got blocked from texting into the 106.7 Arrington and Dukes show because I thought they were being too harsh on Snyder. I told them it is HIS team and its only logical that he would try to control the fly by night tweeters and news junkies from spreading unconfirmed reports about the team.

I hate that punk Dukes and his constant bashing about the Redskins and the organization. I gave him a piece of my mind and he said I'm being blocked.

Like I give a hoot...that was my first and last time texting him anyways.

I like Lavar but his side kick is garbage!

easily the best show on the fan, i stream it live from yahoo messenger everyday. (right now infact)

Now way the Junkies Pown the Lavar show hands down. Dukes is an idiot who knows nothing about football and likes to talk down to caller all the time. I like Lavar but he is such a hater of Dan Synder. I think he should have a lot of hate for his agent for telling him to sign the contract.

I don't think this show has the legs to last.

Sports shows need to by funny... this show isn't really funny. Any attempt at humor by Chad is erased by the way he treats callers and covering up his lack of knowledge by raising his voice like a dbag. It just isn't very entertaining. And they really need to learn to talk about something else regarding the Skins, other than how bad Snyder sucks, and taking calls on whether Campbell is the QB of the future or not. Every day thats what they talk about.

I love Skins talk as much as the next guy, but they're just spinning their wheels because they have nothing else to talk about.

Then again, anything is better than Any Pollin's "top-10 list" segments. Talk about a snoozefest.

The show is getting worse by the day. Everyday when heading home I'll tune in for a second and all I hear is either Mike Vick this or Mike Vick that or Lavar crying about how he had to buy out his contract and how miserable he was here. Even yesterday they had to bring up Vick when talking about Farve just to keep the show going. Then Lavar chimming in about how he wanted to retire here etc. Hey message to you Lavar, your knee was/is toast as you yourself have mentioned several times on the show. You didn't do much in NY. Even when you were here you were too dumb to fit in the systems you were supposed to play in. Case in point, Redskins vs Panthers 4th and 23. You had coverage on Stephen Davis out of the backfield. At this point you had him covered and the QB contained, but then you decided to go after the QB knowing all your help was 30+ yard down field? Oh what happens, little dink pass to Davis who is now wide open and trots down the field and gets the first down. yeah, Lavar, much like your hero Vick, you were the best athlete on the field but were too dumb to figure out how to play the game.

After further review I still find the show unlistenable. If you want the hammer the Redskins franchise, fine by me, but at least educate yourself as to what you're saying. Too many times I find they don't seem to know the facts regarding the Skins on one topic or another. If they spent five minutes a day doing some level of research they would likely be more accurate in their daily hammering.

Secondly, if you have an agenda you need to be more careful in your monologues against the team. Lavar clearly has an agenda against the team. It becomes distasteful at times because its too blatant.

I also find it tough to take them seriously. They say they're being even handed and just calling people on the bad stuff but it's never balanced with good stuff.

They go in too many different directions. One week they're hammering the franchise for not drafting and developing young talent. The next week, after not one single game is played, they're saying the franchise should give up on their young draft picks and bring in aging vets. Harrison? Really? Pick a tack and go in that direction. You lose all credibility when you shift positions.

Also, I thought this was a sports station. I thought they were getting the NBA. It seems to me for all the time I've listened they've spent about 5% of their time on other sports and 95% of their time on the Skins. I get that its football season, but at least once in a while talk about the Nats, talk about the Zards. How about some college football talk? I think they would do better to make the show more well rounded.

Lastly I was under this distinct impression, as many radio fans were, that all show hosts are pretty much the same when taking calls. They're not. I find I have a lot more respect for the shows that treat their call ins with some level of respect. Dukes is terrible in this regard. It's one of the reasons (and there are many others) I dont find much use for Cowherd either. If you have to hang up on people and call them stupid to get your point across, its not much of a point. not that you're wrong, but you aint right either.

For me I'll likely stick with Sirius/XM and 980. I think the junkies have value, but otherwise I think the new format is lacking and needs to be retooled. If I were manager I would probably keep Lavar and Wise where they are and switch the sidekicks up. I think Dukes would do better being tempered a little by UnWise Mike and the guy with Wise would do better with Lavar.

The LaVar show is unlistenable. Chad Dukes should not have that job. I was listening last night about 5:30 when a caller was giving his opinion on Favre. The caller was not yelling, was speaking calmly and actually made a lot of sense. Dukes just went off on him, calling him a Douchebag and screaming "F you" and hanging up on him.

Hanging up on a caller, calling them an idiot, whatever . . . . inappropriate maybe, but calling a guy a Douchebag and telling him "F you"? Why would anyone listen to this? Even LaVar had to tell him to calm down. This is entertaining?

But at least they were addressing a sports topic. When I listened in last week, the topic of the day was (apparently) whether women can attend social events without wearing panties. It was being discussed on the junkies when I turned on in the morning and by LaVar when I turned in in the evening.

UnWise Mike, an intelligent and well-respected journalist, must be cringing for getting involved in this station.

i started listening to the show cause snyders stations dont come in well in my car, so im forced to listen to lavar, but the show is growing on me. his first two broadcasts he spent all his time whining about how he was dogged and this and that, but hes stopped that which is good.

also, did anyone hear them give a shout out to extremeskins yesterday? it was pretty funny.

The LaVar show is unlistenable. Chad Dukes should not have that job. I was listening last night about 5:30 when a caller was giving his opinion on Favre. The caller was not yelling, was speaking calmly and actually made a lot of sense. Dukes just went off on him, calling him a Douchebag and screaming "F you" and hanging up on him.

Hanging up on a caller, calling them an idiot, whatever . . . . inappropriate maybe, but calling a guy a Douchebag and telling him "F you"? Why would anyone listen to this? Even LaVar had to tell him to calm down. This is entertaining?

But at least they were addressing a sports topic. When I listened in last week, the topic of the day was (apparently) whether women can attend social events without wearing panties. It was being discussed on the junkies when I turned on in the morning and by LaVar when I turned in in the evening.

UnWise Mike, an intelligent and well-respected journalist, must be cringing for getting involved in this station.

i thought that was really funny. the guy that called in was a total moron. some people just call in and offer absolutely nothing to whatever those two are talking about. chad went overboard, but it was still funny.

After further review I still find the show unlistenable. If you want the hammer the Redskins franchise, fine by me, but at least educate yourself as to what you're saying. Too many times I find they don't seem to know the facts regarding the Skins on one topic or another. If they spent five minutes a day doing some level of research they would likely be more accurate in their daily hammering.

Secondly, if you have an agenda you need to be more careful in your monologues against the team. Lavar clearly has an agenda against the team. It becomes distasteful at times because its too blatant.

I also find it tough to take them seriously. They say they're being even handed and just calling people on the bad stuff but it's never balanced with good stuff.

They go in too many different directions. One week they're hammering the franchise for not drafting and developing young talent. The next week, after not one single game is played, they're saying the franchise should give up on their young draft picks and bring in aging vets. Harrison? Really? Pick a tack and go in that direction. You lose all credibility when you shift positions.

Also, I thought this was a sports station. I thought they were getting the NBA. It seems to me for all the time I've listened they've spent about 5% of their time on other sports and 95% of their time on the Skins. I get that its football season, but at least once in a while talk about the Nats, talk about the Zards. How about some college football talk? I think they would do better to make the show more well rounded.

Lastly I was under this distinct impression, as many radio fans were, that all show hosts are pretty much the same when taking calls. They're not. I find I have a lot more respect for the shows that treat their call ins with some level of respect. Dukes is terrible in this regard. It's one of the reasons (and there are many others) I dont find much use for Cowherd either. If you have to hang up on people and call them stupid to get your point across, its not much of a point. not that you're wrong, but you aint right either.

For me I'll likely stick with Sirius/XM and 980. I think the junkies have value, but otherwise I think the new format is lacking and needs to be retooled. If I were manager I would probably keep Lavar and Wise where they are and switch the sidekicks up. I think Dukes would do better being tempered a little by UnWise Mike and the guy with Wise would do better with Lavar.

they talked about the nats a lot during the early hours yesterday. they had the president of the nationals on the show. its not all about football, but again, it is the season so....

i thought that was really funny. the guy that called in was a total moron. some people just call in and offer absolutely nothing to whatever those two are talking about. chad went overboard, but it was still funny.

Well, I agree the caller was a moron. But then you tell him he's a moron. Telling him he's a douchebag and saying "F You" to him on the air . . . . I don't know, maybe I am just getting old or something.

Well, I agree the caller was a moron. But then you tell him he's a moron. Telling him he's a douchebag and saying "F You" to him on the air . . . . I don't know, maybe I am just getting old or something.

i mean he definitely went overboard, but its not like im gonna hate the show because he thought a caller was an idiot and went a little too far. not like i havent heard the F word before lol.

they talked about the nats a lot during the early hours yesterday. they had the president of the nationals on the show. its not all about football, but again, it is the season so....

Well that ended fast when Favre made his grand entrance into Vikings camp.

this show is a train wreck.

i like dukes, but this isn't his strong point.

the two of them know nothing about sports outside of football, except chad knows a MMA stuff.

When ever they branch out to a sport besides football they both wind up sounding like idiots.

WJFK made a huge mistake... i listen to ESPN 980 now... at least they're educated when it comes to sports.

i mean he definitely went overboard, but its not like im gonna hate the show because he thought a caller was an idiot and went a little too far. not like i havent heard the F word before lol.

He dropped the F bomb on air? Or did he say the letters F U? How would he not be kicked off air for that?

Great, so they bring up the Nats about as much as the national media. Signing Strasburg was national news; they would lose what little credibility they have if they didn't mention the Nats yesterday.

They really should bring in someone who has at least some level of sports knowlege. Lavar only knows football and Dukes doesn't know anything. It hurts the show.

Great, so they bring up the Nats about as much as the national media. Signing Strasburg was national news; they would lose what little credibility they have if they didn't mention the Nats yesterday.

They really should bring in someone who has at least some level of sports knowlege. Lavar only knows football and Dukes doesn't know anything. It hurts the show.

we dont have a single sports program in the area that talks about the nats. nobody on 980 does either. i wish somebody did because id listen to them without question, but the best coverage the nats get on either station is when they do something amazing or something amazingly stupid. theres never any talks about the nats.

i turn on 980 today and theyre talking about scrub lineman and doc complaining we dont have intensity like the giants do.

i highly doubt ill ever hear a radio broadcaster in this area debating ryan zimmerman vs other 3b in the league, or if marco estrada can make an impact in september if hes called up. nobody cares about baseball.....yet.

Actually, UnWise Mike was taking about the Nats for almost an hour today. They were debating Rizzo as GM, whether or not the rumors were true that he was being ousted, and they even spoke to some blogger about it.

Sheehan also talked and does regularly talk about the Nats. Moreso when Loverro is in town, but other sports teams get fairly regular mention on 980. But, as you said, you dont get 980 so you wouldnt know that.

In the end, neither station holds a candle to having a satellite system. 5 channels so you can always switch around if they're not talking about something interesting. Add these two local stations and it makes a pretty good rotation.

we dont have a single sports program in the area that talks about the nats. nobody on 980 does either. i wish somebody did because id listen to them without question, but the best coverage the nats get on either station is when they do something amazing or something amazingly stupid. theres never any talks about the nats.

i turn on 980 today and theyre talking about scrub lineman and doc complaining we dont have intensity like the giants do.

i highly doubt ill ever hear a radio broadcaster in this area debating ryan zimmerman vs other 3b in the league, or if marco estrada can make an impact in september if hes called up. nobody cares about baseball.....yet.

980 talks about the nats quite often actually....

not surprised, you're opinions are normally a bit far off.

was anyone listening just now when that guy called in about the homosexual athlete convo and gave his take, then after dukes/lavar talked for like 10 mins he chimed in with something, and lavar said, "i didn't even know you were still on the line!" but they kept him on for a little bit more and gave him a prize. it was pretty funny b/c on most sports talk shows he would've been ran, but they found it funny.

Archived