Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Like the Lavar Show

method man

i actually love the show and I disagree big time about Dukes. The only reason I stayed with this station is because that kid is a genius. He can do comedy and switched very easily into sports talk. The first several weeks he carried the show, its great to see Lavar picked up steam and is flowing along nicely with Chad. But if you listen to the show he needs both knees replaced and will never play again.

i actually love the show and I disagree big time about Dukes. The only reason I stayed with this station is because that kid is a genius. He can do comedy and switched very easily into sports talk. The first several weeks he carried the show, its great to see Lavar picked up steam and is flowing along nicely with Chad. But if you listen to the show he needs both knees replaced and will never play again.

werd... although chad may not be the most knowledgeable sports host, he is supremely talented at radio and is one of the most quick witted people that i have heard on ANY medium.

LOL "this is not a negative show"- chad dukes, after blasting the F.O. for the past two hours

Edit: now complaining about zorn

The show is certainly a negative one. But if the Skins were to win the opener against NY, it would flip 180 degrees.

I just don't like the rehashing of every possible criticism that many shows have. If you need to bring up Adam Archuletta to make your point, you're grasping.

the past few times i listened, dukes said some things that were a little suspect. he called lavar a "swinging d***" on 2 different days. on another day lavar said somethin about not wearin a cup, and dukes said somethin about lavar havin a "pringles can down there." then the other day he said lavar has "a paint can in the pants." now this is gettin a little outa hand.

I like their show a lot but I wish they would diversify their topics a little. All they talk about is the Redskins and that's cool for the first 10 minutes but other than that it wears thin. Then they talk about MMA for 10% of the show which is great too but I'd like to see them talk about other stuff going on in the NFL or college football also.

People hate on Dukes, but the way he mixed it up with the Bmore CBS sports talker was great.

The Bmore douche went out of his way to ask, "What's it like to spend all that money and not go to the playoffs?"

And Dukes asked, "What's it like to have your team pack up and leave town in the middle of the night?"

I like Lavar; I think he has a great voice and is intelligent enough to have a show.

BUT there is a huge conflict of interest here. Anytime he says something negative about the Redskins it's going to be attributed to his negative experiences with them. I just don't know if the show is gonna work for that reason. And they way that Chad talks down to listeners that he should be valuing is crap. No one is going to want to call in if you're gonna be an a-hole.

I don't know why anyone likes this show...I guess maybe 980 sucks so bad that this actually sounds good. I understand that the Redskins haven't been good for a number of years, but I don't want to listen to people bash them all day...That isn't entertaining whether what they are saying is true or not.

I like their show a lot but I wish they would diversify their topics a little. All they talk about is the Redskins and that's cool for the first 10 minutes but other than that it wears thin. Then they talk about MMA for 10% of the show which is great too but I'd like to see them talk about other stuff going on in the NFL or college football also.

I feel that 106.7 is keeping it all Skins to make sure they keep high levels of listeners at all times. My friends and I joke about it all the time like "The new station is great because all they talk about is Skins so they can compete with 980"

Archived