Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Like the Lavar Show

method man

Wow, Dukes really sounded like an idiot tonight when he was saying that Campbell should play four quarters in this week's preseason game. :doh:

Got a little heated, too. LaVar and Chad had to go off the air for a few minutes.

Man this is some bad radio.

Did anyone hear Dukes yesterday when I guy called in talking about Favre and Duke went nuts calling the guy an idiot and hung up on and and continued going off and called him a douchebag. You could even tell that Lavar was a little uncomfortable about how overboard Dukes went.

My girlfriend and I were both listening to it in the car and she was like wow that is a little to much to call one of your listeners a Duchebag and I agreed. I mean I like Dukes at times but I thought it was a little uncalled for and he took it way to far. I also like the show I think its pretty good but that was a little much I thought. Especially for a show that has yet to establish itself, I think Dukes could have turned away some listeners for treating a caller like that.

Did anyone hear Dukes yesterday when I guy called in talking about Favre and Duke went nuts calling the guy an idiot and hung up on and and continued going off and called him a douchebag. You could even tell that Lavar was a little uncomfortable about how overboard Dukes went.

My girlfriend and I were both listening to it in the car and she was like wow that is a little to much to call one of your listeners a Duchebag and I agreed. I mean I like Dukes at times but I thought it was a little uncalled for and he took it way to far. I also like the show I think its pretty good but that was a little much I thought. Especially for a show that has yet to establish itself, I think Dukes could have turned away some listeners for treating a caller like that.

I think the problem with Dukes is that he's still in "shock jock" mode. He needs to tame that a little in the sports radio area because the listeners are simply not the same and that kind of behavior could throw some folks off.

Dukes cannot handle the situation gracefully when a caller makes a good point. He either gets quiet and starts mumbling his one liner come backs, or he goes off like a shaken bottle of soda. That is Dukes big probelm. He goes too far to one side of the spectrum for arguements sake, and cannot let the caller make a good point without trashing it. However he is getting better about accepting good points. I also think he tries to inflate what Lavar says, and make incinuations about what he says.

I cant wait for Lavar to get a better cohost.

I think the problem with Dukes is that he's still in "shock jock" mode. He needs to tame that a little in the sports radio area because the listeners are simply not the same and that kind of behavior could throw some folks off.

Very true.

Today was pretty bad. It's apparent that Dukes is a little insecure about his football knowledge and it's becoming noticed in a football city like DC.

He freaked when Lavar said, "You guys sound like you don't know anything about pro sports." This happened after Dukes repeatedly tried to justify Campbell playing 4 quarters in a pre-season game...WTF?

I never thought I would be listening to Lavar thinking he is the intelligent rational one.

...I miss the old WJFK.

Today was pretty bad. It's apparent that Dukes is a little insecure about his football knowledge and it's becoming noticed in a football city like DC.

Dukes is insecure about everything. Part of why I hate him. I had two conversations with him on AIM and both times he ended up blocking me after I pwned his ass. One was about the Wiz (where he sounded extra stupid and uninformed) and two was something about gun control. I don't remember what exactly. But anyway, I didn't insult him or anything like that. I just disagreed with him, destroyed his lack of knowledge, and he started to cry and blocked me.

And that's why I hated Big O and Flukes. It was either Flukes talking out of his ass about some subject or him asking listeners to call in and educate him (and then would argue with him.) WTF is that? Entertain me. Throw in endless inside jokes that nobody gets, a video game show where you do nothing but be a 360 fanboy and hate on the PS3 and Wii, destroying Saturday nights with an MMA show that maybe 1% of the population would want to listen to, acting like a complete dick to half of the people who call in, and Oscar's (God bless him) metrosexual nerd ass trying to do guy talk and yeah, you suck, your show sucks, and WJFK's demise was locked in.

That he stuck around on the station and was actually promoted to a drive-time slot tells me that he's probably over there dolling out favors to station management.

someone needs to call in and really tell that guy off. He's insufferable. I got off the metro the other day after work, got in my car, turned on the radio and IMMEDIATELY I hear Dukes screaming at the top of his lungs about something. I mean the guy is annoying to the point where he makes you turn the station. Howard makes fun of callers all the time but you know it's part of the shtick and he usually has justification for doing it. He never never makes you want to turn the station altogether. This guy is just an absoulte a-hole. I really don't think I'm going to even attempt to listen anymore.

I'd love to hear Lavar with the 106.7 version of Doc Walker or something. You know, someone who knows his stuff and has been there before like Lavar but has a contrasting perspective on things.

someone needs to call in and really tell that guy off. He's insufferable. I got off the metro the other day after work' date=' got in my car, turned on the radio and IMMEDIATELY I hear Dukes screaming at the top of his lungs about something. I mean the guy is annoying to the point where he makes you turn the station. Howard makes fun of callers all the time but you know it's part of the shtick and he usually has justification for doing it. He never never makes you want to turn the station altogether. This guy is just an absoulte a-hole. I really don't think I'm going to even attempt to listen anymore.

I'd love to hear Lavar with the 106.7 version of Doc Walker or something. You know, someone who knows his stuff and has been there before like Lavar but has a contrasting perspective on things.[/quote']

I think the best complement for Lavar would be a journalist of some sort who really knows his stuff but can bring the average Joe perspective but can still be entertaining. The problem is that this person is rare. As we have seen, Ivan Carter really blows and UnWise Mike is boring. On the WTEM side, Kevin Sheehan is as good as it gets and The Fan should look to get him once his contract is over.

I think the best complement for Lavar would be a journalist of some sort who really knows his stuff but can bring the average Joe perspective but can still be entertaining. The problem is that this person is rare. As we have seen, Ivan Carter really blows and UnWise Mike is boring. On the WTEM side, Kevin Sheehan is as good as it gets and The Fan should look to get him once his contract is over.

yea Sheehan is great. Doc and Kev we're awesome together, not sure why they decided to spread their talent thin by splitting them up.

Kevin Sheehan came to my mind right away too. He'd be good with LaVar. Chad Dukes has to go. Last night, he and LaVar spent five minutes arguing about whether LaVar actually said what Dukes said he said. It was eye-rolling.

I like UnWise Mike a lot, but agree he can be boring.

I actually think UnWise Mike might be good with Lavar. It's true he has a poor radio voice but I think he looks worse than he actually is because he is teamed with that scrub Bill Rohland. UnWise Mike's sports knowledge mixed with Lavar's insider knowledge would be a nice combo.

I listen in on the Lavar show occasionally and I'm pleasantly surprised how well Lavar has handled himself so far. He sincerely listens to the fans and their comments and takes the high road most if not all of the time. I'm warming up to Chad Dukes but he's a little self absorbed for me.

Good entertainment and a much better alternative to the Sports Reporters. Those guys are a joke if you ask me.

Hail!

lavar is ok. he has some really good points and he says some stuff that makes you think, but then he just throws a left curve in there and starts sounding crazy.

dukes is insufferable. listening to elliot's laugh and then dukes screaming over nothing makes my head want to explode by 6 pm.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived