Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Like the Lavar Show

method man

Chad Dukes is an idiot and makes the show almost unlistenable.

The guy knows pretty much nothing about sports but tries to act like he does.

At one point before the NBA season started he said the Wizards had more talent than both the Celtics and Cavs and just needed a coach to get them to play like it.

Chad Dukes is an idiot and makes the show almost unlistenable.

The guy knows pretty much nothing about sports but tries to act like he does.

At one point before the NBA season started he said the Wizards had more talent than both the Celtics and Cavs and just needed a coach to get them to play like it.

No way. I don't believe you. That cannot be possible for someone to honestly believe that.

No way. I don't believe you. That cannot be possible for someone to honestly believe that.

LOL I'm serious.

He may have later changed the statement to "The Wizards are just as talented as the Celtics and Cavs - and the Celtics are getting old so they aren't guaranteed anything so I think the Wizards are definitely a top 3 team in the East."

Whoever was just talking and said that Bruce Allen is a moron for joining this organization is a complete idiot and *******.

that was a caller, not Lavar or Chad

Hey LJS.....im at work and cant listen....can you recap the JC convo?

I missed the first couple minutes, but he is frustrated at being hit so much, not having time to read progressions, being taken out of their game.

Doesn't think AH should have said what he did about leadership- but did agree that not all guys are playing like a team. He basically admitted that some gave up, just didn't say it in those words.

he acknowledged its the worst Redskin game he's been in, feels bad for the fans. A lot of guys are mad, frustrated- they were surprised b/c they had been playing so well- no one has answers as to why. He's apologizing to fans, says they want to go out against Dallas do something good so people can forget about yesterday.

he won't talk about coaching changes, but did say that no matter how much they try to not let it be a distraction- it can be.

Wants to come out next Sunday and play with pride.

Lavar and Chad said they wish Zorn would speak as candid as JC- at least Jason apologized to the fans.

Dukes is an absolute moron, and WAY over the top. He is borderline shock jock.

That is his job, he is supposed to be polarizing and keep you listening, give you something to think about, debate, etc. he does his job well. If there were two of the same personalities on the show, it would be a boring, agree-fest back and forth with both host's riding the others jock.

this show has a good dynamic. I like it when Lavar and Dukes disagree, they paint both sides of the coin very well, except when Lavar gets kinda far fetched in his opinion sometimes.

They have the absolute best interviews though, so does UnWise Mike actually.

Dukes is a well spoken (most of the time), and knowledgable co-host who has really found a niche for himself and who is continually getting better.

its a good show, and both host's bring a lot to the table and keep it interesting.

That is his job, he is supposed to be polarizing and keep you listening, give you something to think about, debate, etc. he does his job well. If there were two of the same personalities on the show, it would be a boring, agree-fest back and forth with both host's riding the others jock.

this show has a good dynamic. I like it when Lavar and Dukes disagree, they paint both sides of the coin very well, except when Lavar gets kinda far fetched in his opinion sometimes.

They have the absolute best interviews though, so does UnWise Mike actually.

Dukes is a well spoken (most of the time), and knowledgable co-host who has really found a niche for himself and who is continually getting better.

its a good show, and both host's bring a lot to the table and keep it interesting.

Is that you, Chad?

Seriously, he makes it unlistenable to me. Some people are compelled by shock jocks. Other are REpelled. Count me in for the latter.

Is that you, Chad?

Seriously, he makes it unlistenable to me. Some people are compelled by shock jocks. Other are REpelled. Count me in for the latter.

lol, no Im in much better shape then Chad!

To each their own I guess. I think the Sports Junkies are more "Shock Jock" then Dukes. They are more vulger, more obnoxious, and the content of their show generally lacks maturity. 40 year olds acting like 20 year olds. Chad is just a young conservative doing his job... sparking debate and keeping people listening whether they agree with him or not.

For someone who doesn't like Chad, you sure seem to listen to his show... let me guess though, you just like Lavar huh? lol.

Just realize that Chad may not even believe some of the stuff he says, he is saying it to be polarizing... its his job.

I was a big fan of Lavar in his playing days... even when he was playing for Giants, I was still his fan as he was driven out of town... But I hate his show..

He is taking advantage of being a Skins, but in his true heart he is not a Skins... What he does in his show is he questions heart of every player in the team.... He said that Redskins team are giving up and are not playing with heart... What did he do when he was a Skins? For a year he was not even good to start for our team... Grapes are sour for him...

He talks rubbish about Snyder and talks against every move made by the Skins... I have Lavar talking nasty about Vinny in the past and when Vinny resigned/fired, Lavar was agains that move... he said that it was not Vinny's fault... and now since everyone, but Zorn knows that Zorn is getting fired, he is already questioning that move... He talked againt getting new GM... He has problems with everything Redskins does or say... He will never support the Redskins team... what he does is he tries to act friendly with few of our players and wants them to talk against the team.... he tried hard to make Jason Campbell say something against Portis and other members of the team... Lavar is not a Redskins fan and he has no business talking for we the Skins fan... I know Snyder has done many wrong moves....For instance signing Hall and Al... But I know there were so many people who were excited when we signed Haynesworth and Hall... It has not worked so far, but Guys lets not be a Hypocrite like Lavar... Snyder I think did the rite move by geting a GM for our team... Hail to the Redskins.. Hell to Lavar and his Show..Amen!

lol, no Im in much better shape then Chad!

To each their own I guess. I think the Sports Junkies are more "Shock Jock" then Dukes. They are more vulger, more obnoxious, and the content of their show generally lacks maturity. 40 year olds acting like 20 year olds. Chad is just a young conservative doing his job... sparking debate and keeping people listening whether they agree with him or not.

For someone who doesn't like Chad, you sure seem to listen to his show... let me guess though, you just like Lavar huh? lol.

Just realize that Chad may not even believe some of the stuff he says, he is saying it to be polarizing... its his job.

You've come a long way from your posts re: Dukes on pages 1 & 2 of this thread.

I've listened to the show approximately 5-10 times, which I wouldn't say is a lot, OR a little. I listen primarily b/c of the fact that 980 starts to lose signal as I head into Frederick. I wouldn't say I "like" Lavar, but I don't dislike him either. All told, I think Dukes is bad, and Lavar is average.

You've come a long way from your posts re: Dukes on pages 1 & 2 of this thread.

I've listened to the show approximately 5-10 times, which I wouldn't say is a lot, OR a little. I listen primarily b/c of the fact that 980 starts to lose signal as I head into Frederick. I wouldn't say I "like" Lavar, but I don't dislike him either. All told, I think Dukes is bad, and Lavar is average.

You are absolutely right! I used to HATE HATE HQATE Dukes when the show first started. he has gotten much better at verbal sparring, and his delivery has gotten better with his comfort level. that's why I say just accept his rhetoric for what it is, bait.

I too think Lavar has some growing and learning to do to become a great Radio Show Host, but I think he has potential... huge potential. Good call referring to my origanal post's in this thread though, you are exactly right. Notice my posts were in June I think... right when the show started, and it was the first time I had ever heard Dukes... I missed out on the Big O and Dukes show, and don't know the history, or what went down to get the show canned and no return of Oscar.... if anyone knows about this, please feel free to fill me in!

Dukes doesn't belong on a sports talk show. He clearly demonstrated that he doesn't know much about sports on his old show and still got hired for this gig. This move was meant to attract the people that loved the old WJFK. If Dukes wasn't included on the new format, hell would ensue from the old Big O and Dukes audience. They had an incredibly loyal following, and the people at CBS radio knew that. Big O and Dukes was way bigger than people give them credit for. People that know him from back in the day know that he isn't being himself on the Lavar show. His laughs are fake, and what he is saying isn't what he wants to say. He still tries to be somewhat similar to his old character by being a dick to callers. The only problem is that he is attempting to be a dick about sports, which he is far from an expert on.

As for Lavar...I understand that he is new to radio, but I still can't stand him. He is clearly just trying to kill time every time he talks and its not that entertaining. Some of the arguments they have are just plain stupid. Its not like we are gaining insight from some genius when we hear Lavar speak. Everything he says we have heard a million times before from every analyst on ESPN. Its nothing worth giving someone his own radio show for. Someone please explain to me why Lavar is intriguing.

No need to listen to the show, its the same content everytime.

allow me to recap: "what the redskins just did (replace with most current move) is completely insane. We should all protest the owner of ESPN 980!! no wait i meant the owner of the redskins."

I've had to listen to the Lavar show this week since 980 isn't doing local programming in the afternoon. Yesterday, Lavar kept trying to make a point that we don't know if the NBA really has the best players in the league and that there could be undiscovered guys that might play for their countries elsewhere. It was a ridiculous argument. At some point somebody referenced that awful movie 'the Air Up There'.

Chad Dukes is pretty much an idiot. It's no wonder that his two biggest passions are WWE and MMA. He's not unlistenable, however. I do wish that these guys would stop using phrases like 'he's an S head' or 'he got the S beat out of him'. It's ridiculous.

He is actually a pretty bright guy who is usually making great points. He also has great chemistry with Dukes and has great guests on his show.

Lavar might be a bright guy, but he is not a Skins to me.... All he does is talks against everything Skins does... He was against Cerrato in Redskins and when Cerrato got fired/resigned he was against that move... He talks about players not performing and that record shows and he says players do not fight for each other... What he did when we was a Skins? How many times we went to Superbowl with him? None... He is taking full advantage of his relations with redskins... he is earning his livelihood due to Skins and all he does is talks against everything Redskins does.. I hate his shows... he makes no sense.. he talks on stupid things and the content is ZERO... Just listen to his shows closely.. CONTENT IS ZERO like ZORN's coaching...

Archived