Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP David Carradine

jrockster21

Damn that sucks.

Kung Fu was a favorite when I was young. Carradine seemed like a strange dude though. If you heard him in interviews, he seemed to cling to the character of he created in the show. He would seem to cling to the same slow speech pattern and inflections he used as Kwai Chang Caine, almost as if he became the character. At least that was my impression.

As for movie credits... how about the original Death Race 2000.

deathrace2000still.jpg

And the rest....

http://www.videodetective.com/ActorDetails.aspx?performerid=1781

RIP David. :(

72.. not like he's a young man. It's sad, but not tragic.

Kung Fu is one of the all time great shows, it's a shame he never quite got out from under it.

To the other point, I'd much rather it be suicide than autoerotic asphyxiation. That's just humiliating. At least a suicide is by choice and can hold some honor.

~Bang

He was half naked, hanging in his closet? :paranoid: That could be a nice way of saying, this

Autoerotic Asphyxiation

google that term

You might be onto something:

The body of Carradine, 72, was discovered by a maid early on Thursday morning. He was in the Thai capital to shoot Stretch, his latest film.

A spokesman for the US Embassy confirmed that Carradine had died either late on Wednesday or early on Thursday, but said he could provide no further details.

Thai police told the BBC the 72-year-old was found by a hotel maid sitting in a wardrobe with a rope around his neck and genitals.

The local Bangkok newspaper, The Nation, cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was believed to have committed suicide and had hanged himself with a curtain cord in his suite at the Park Nai Lert Hotel.

He failed to join fellow cast and crew members for dinner on Wednesday night but they did not raise the alarm, believing that he was resting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/5444839/David-Carradine-found-dead-in-wardrobe-of-Bangkok-hotel.html

You might be onto something:

The body of Carradine, 72, was discovered by a maid early on Thursday morning. He was in the Thai capital to shoot Stretch, his latest film.

A spokesman for the US Embassy confirmed that Carradine had died either late on Wednesday or early on Thursday, but said he could provide no further details.

Thai police told the BBC the 72-year-old was found by a hotel maid sitting in a wardrobe with a rope around his neck and genitals.

The local Bangkok newspaper, The Nation, cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was believed to have committed suicide and had hanged himself with a curtain cord in his suite at the Park Nai Lert Hotel.

He failed to join fellow cast and crew members for dinner on Wednesday night but they did not raise the alarm, believing that he was resting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/5444839/David-Carradine-found-dead-in-wardrobe-of-Bangkok-hotel.html

Well, the naked part clued me in.

I've never heard of any case, where the person strips, and then hangs himself. Suicide is usually compulsive when the event occurs, even if the person has given it a lot of thought, and clothes would be an afterthought.

I think it's safe to say with the rope tied around his genitals there is pretty much little doubt now. They need to investigate to make sure it's not staged, but I seriously doubt it. I have to agree with Bang, a pretty undignified way to check out.

Well, the naked part clued me in.

It said half-naked...I just naturally assumed it was the top half. But I guess that's not really news-worthy? But then again, I consider running around with your junk out to be fully naked, whether you've got a shirt on or not. Ha!

It said half-naked...I just naturally assumed it was the top half. But I guess that's not really news-worthy? But then again, I consider running around with your junk out to be fully naked, whether you've got a shirt on or not. Ha!

you didnt in Canton.

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!! :silly:

I've heard of that auto-erotic thing; I thought a person just :jerk: while hanging, not that they actually tied their rope around their junk.

Well, he was sitting in his closet, with a rope tied around his neck and genitals. Probably the same rope. People that do this sort of thing, have come up with all sorts of creative methods.

During my class, one case had a guy who had suffocated to death, because he had put on like 10 layers of clothes, before taking care of buisness.

TEN

He had handled his buisness, then apparently passed out. Suffocating before he had a chance to get himself out of all of his clothes. The final layer was reminiscent of the gimp's outfit from Pulp Fiction.

I don't know why bang, but this statement made me lol.

Now I'm wondering why.

well, can you even listen to an INXS song anymore without knowing that is how the singer died?

It's pretty funny, in a morbid way. I mean, if you sat around thinking of the most embarrassing ways to die, accidentally strangling while jacking off would be way up there on the list.

~Bang

In a 2004 interview dug up by the Telegraph Newspaper, the 72-year-old actor revealed that he once considered shooting himself, saying: "Look, there was a period in my life when I had a single action Colt 45, loaded, in my desk drawer.

And every night I'd take it out and think about blowing my head off, and then decide not to and go on with my life. Put it back in the drawer and open up the laptop and continue writing my autobiography or whatever. But it was just to see."

Archived