Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When was the last time you cried out of happiness?

Springfield

John Wayne my ass. An actor? How about the millions of troops who's names you don't know that have cried their guts out from seeing their friends die right next to them?

Forget the pussification of America, it's more like the delusion of "hardcore men" in America. Get over yourself.

Dude,

I cant speak for Westy, but I am pretty sure that it was a joke. Chill out man.

When I was leaving the Redskins/Eagles game last year to drive home.

I went on a trip for a week that included two Redskins games, a trip to New York, I saw most of my family, and my sister who I had not seen in over 5 years (along with my newborn nephew). It was one hell of a trip and had followed me breaking up with my girlfriend of 4.5 years.

I had a bunch of emotions, but they were all summed up as happiness and I drove the 15ish hours home with a HUGE smile on my face.

When my son brought me some Cohibas I got a bit misty eyed.:)

Don't think I've ever cried out of happiness,even at the kids births it was a sense of wonder,joy but no tears.

I have shed quite a few in pain and sorrow and have laughed till I cried though, happiness alone doesn't produce them for me

The last time was when my son was born and before that when my daughter was born. Those moments give you an unexplained feeling of happiness that evokes tears.

A very special emotion.

x 2. it really can't be put into words. it did the same thing to me, even though i knew it was coming the 2nd time....i couldn't help it.

and i'm a guy that thinks guys shouldn't cry. but having kids changes that. if i'm not careful, i can cry in a movie if it has to do w/ kids and i can put myself or my kids in the situation.

When I was so thankful to god that my brother, his friend, and I were not seriously injured in a car wreck coming back from the Panther game last year.

And although I wasn't a fan during Art & Darrell's stints, I did tear up during the HOF speeches, especially Art's. I'm just emotional. Mad, sad, or happy. :)

When I saw my wife walking down the aisle. It was beautiful and I felt so happy and lucky.

I think they were tears of joy. Who knows. maybe I was crying because I was thinking of all the women in the world I would never be able to have again. :silly:

I will NEVER cry in front of my students

not ragging on you here missu, but i've cried twice in front of my students:

1. 9-11-01

2. Space Shuttle Columbia disaster

as for tears of happiness, never that i can recall. i've welled up several times due to pride in my kids, but i'm not sure that counts.

The only time I can ever remember was when my daughter was born about 10 months ago. There was a long time when we thought we wouldn't be able to have kids, and when she cried for the first time and they handed her to me...I'll never forget it.

The only time I can ever remember was when my daughter was born about 10 months ago. There was a long time when we thought we wouldn't be able to have kids, and when she cried for the first time and they handed her to me...I'll never forget it.

I didn't actually cry at the birth of my kids. Too exhausted and relieved really. The last time I cried out of joy was about a year ago when I was doing my oldest daughter's hair. I can only do a standard single pony tail. She was trying to get me to do it differently, up I think, and I told her I can't do hair like that. I'm not good at it.

She said, "Mommy can." And I said, "You're right, sweetie, Mommy's good at hair." She looked up at me in the mirror and could tell I needed a boost and she said, "You're good with boogers." I laughed, then bust out crying. It was the sweetest thing. Even at that age, how she sought to assure someone else felt good too was really just a moving, wonderful thing to see. And, true, I'm the only one she ever lets pick her nose. I've got the technique.

I didn't actually cry at the birth of my kids. Too exhausted and relieved really. The last time I cried out of joy was about a year ago when I was doing my oldest daughter's hair. I can only do a standard single pony tail. She was trying to get me to do it differently, up I think, and I told her I can't do hair like that. I'm not good at it.

She said, "Mommy can." And I said, "You're right, sweetie, Mommy's good at hair." She looked up at me in the mirror and could tell I needed a boost and she said, "You're good with boogers." I laughed, then bust out crying. It was the sweetest thing. Even at that age, how she sought to assure someone else felt good too was really just a moving, wonderful thing to see. And, true, I'm the only one she ever lets pick her nose. I've got the technique.

Two quick points:

1. If you were good at hair, you probably wouldnt have a daughter.

2. I definitely laughed about the booger technique part of your post.

Oh STFU. That's such ridiculous crap. :rolleyes:

I'll admit, I have only seen my dad cry twice, my older brother cry a few times, and I've never seen my fiance cry, but I would NEVER think less of them for crying over some of the crap they've been through.

This whole "guys can't cry" mentality is crap. Sure, I would hope guys don't cry 24/7, just like I would hope girls don't cry 24/7, but seeing a guy cry shows me they are human. I would never lose respect for that.

I'll tell you what, toots, I won't tell you how to bake a pie if you don't tell me how to be a man.

I think ES should have a get together where everyone cries. Wah Wah Wahhhhhh, we are all in touch with our emotions. It's 2009 and I'm allowed to cry, dammit. Whatever.

The other day we had a going away for some guy in my unit. I really liked this fella. Anyway, when he was talking, he started tearing up in front of God and everyone. After he was finished, I walked over to him, calmly shook his hand, looked him in the eye and said "You are dead to me".

The funny thing is no further explanation was needed. He knew he ****ed up.

Man doesn't cry.

You know who cries? My wife cries.

Another step in the pussification of society. It is acceptable for a man to tear up during a movie in public.

What would John Wayne say? Bunch of nancys.

Ditto. I was always taught that crying is a sign of weakness for men. It simply wasn't permitted in my family growing up, and I thank God now that it wasn't.

The last time I cried, I was 8 years old. At my grandfather's funeral.

I looked over and saw my father crying for the first time in my life, and I cried too. Never since.

:rotflmao: Oh man,("Man" used loosely in the direction of a couple of you ladies trying to blow your own skirts up),this cracks me up. It's funny. I've found in my years,that those men who have to pump themselves up by putting others down and talk themselves up,are generally the biggest "Nancys" around. The reasons are obvious. A real man doesn't need to stroke his ego that much. Funny thing. I'll speak from the experience of dealing with combat veterans. World War 1,2,the Korean war,and the Vietnam war. When speaking of the things they went through,(and it wasn't easy to have them talk about it),and the friends they lost,they welled up. A few even cried. I dare say they went through just about as much hell as any man possibly could. My respect for their actions and bravery was already there. That they chose a time and a person,(me),to share those emotions with made me respect them that much more. It didn't make them less of a man,it made them more so to me. It takes no small amount of strength to share and show those emotions. Indeed,it takes a great deal of it. Something that a few of you clearly lack. Along with respect.

I would be more than happy to tell you how to be a man,but that would be a waste on you. Clearly you haven't gotten it by now, so clearly you never will. However,you might want to consider a little less time trying to blow your own skirt up there cupcakes,that might be a good start. Speaking again from experience and from a somewhat psychological view point,it's not showing that emotion,holding it in,that causes the most trouble in the long run.

Ditto. I was always taught that crying is a sign of weakness for men. It simply wasn't permitted in my family growing up, and I thank God now that it wasn't.

The last time I cried, I was 8 years old. At my grandfather's funeral.

I looked over and saw my father crying for the first time in my life, and I cried too. Never since.

I don't want to get on the way you were raised, but if your dad cried at your grandfathers (his dad?) funeral and you were taught crying was a sign of weakness, isn't that a bit hypocritical?

Well, I will allow tears of sorrow in two instances:

1. Death of a loved one (preferably immediate family).

2. Death of a fallen comrade.

However, these are tears of extreme sorrow and not the case of a guy being overwhelmed by emotion in a happy situation and crying all over himself. Ridiculous.

Archived