Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: James Harrison won't go to the White House

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/16/james-harrison-wont-go-to-the-white-house/

Click Link For Full Article

When the Pittsburgh Steelers visit the White House next week, they’ll do it without one of the men primarily responsible for their sixth Super Bowl title: Linebacker James Harrison.

“This is how I feel — if you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don’t win the Super Bowl,” Harrison said. “As far as I’m concerned, [Obama] would’ve invited Arizona if they had won.”

Um.

Um.

Um.

James, are you OK? Have you suffered any recent blunt trauma to the brain box?

It’s a ritual in this country that the major-league teams winning championships are invited to the White House for a visit.

So, yeah, the invitation applies only to the Super Bowl champs. It’s one of the things that make the accomplishment special.

Wow, James Harrison really makes himsellf look like an idiot here. It's a tradition. Hell yes the Cardinals would have been invited instead of you, if they were the winners. Dumbass.

Wow, James Harrison really makes himsellf look like an idiot here. It's a tradition. Hell yes the Cardinals would have been invited instead of you, if they were the winners. Dumbass.

He doesn't look like an idiot he IS an idiot. I would never tell him that personally though, dude is just one badass tough guy who is a helluva LBer.

Wow, what an idiot.

News flash for you Harrison: if you weren't the best LB at your position, the Steelers would have started someone else at your position in the Superbowl. Shocker!

Just like the best team in the NFL is the one that gets the honor of visiting the White House. Funny how that works, huh?

Wow. I had nothing but respect for Harrison before, simply because of his immense talents.

Obviously I was never introduced to any of his thought processes.

I lost alot of respect for him when he did that cheap shop in the Super Bowl on Special Teams.

This makes me lose even more respect for him. :doh: What an assclown.

the guy is a thug, but thats kinda cool that hes just this much of a nut job to diss the president of the united states. they dont make badasses like this anymore! lol

Its really funny because he doesnt seem to understand why teams get invited to the White House....

Of course if Arizona lost they would be the ones going... My gosh...

I think it's more along the line of thinking that it's some ritual that doesn't mean anything, he doesn't know if the president wants to meet them because the president basically has to invite them. Like he would want to get invited to go to the whitehouse when it wasn't expected of the president to invite him.

I think it's more along the line of thinking that it's some ritual that doesn't mean anything, he doesn't know if the president wants to meet them because the president basically has to invite them. Like he would want to get invited to go to the whitehouse when it wasn't expected of the president to invite him.

ding ding ding

Archived