Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Janeane Garafalo- The tea baggers are racist/white power

ljs

You act as if everyone on the right is elderly and out of touch with modern terms and jargon. Simply not true, case in point, the many thousands strong "Young Americans for Liberty" groups that have popped up at many universities over the past year.

Young, enterprising, future professionals as well as us "middle aged, 30 something professionals are making up more and more of the hated "Right" these days.

So long story short, most of us knew that teabagging was used in a lame attempt at humor.

Libertarians are NOT right OR left. :2cents:

You're right about that first part. I was thinking of Johnny's posts earlier in the thread. My bad. :doh:

But if you were trying to disassociate "right" from "republican", in context, that was not at all clear. Most people use the two interchangeably, because that's the generally understood meaning. We're a 2 party system. left = dem, right = pub. If by "right" you meant libertarian or something else, I didn't get it.

I'm not "framing" the right as anything but the Republican party. I don't think it's at all controversial to say the Republican party's coalition is shrinking, and that they have turned off many of its small government type supporters (including yourself, apparently).

You are simply incorrect to frame the GOP as the exclusive representatives of the right.

We do in fact have other parties, and even within the GOP there are sfactions that are growing in strength in the abismal light that the neo-cons shown on the power p[layers in the party. The Republican Liberty Caucus has substantially increased it's membership just since December as a prime example. Add in the "Ron Paul" Republicans, The Constitution party and Libertarian Party folks as well as numerous smaller right focused 3rd parties and you will see that your limited view is very off in perspective and reality.

To close, Yes, the Neo-con coalition that has been holding the reins of the Party have turned off many supporters, including me.

End of story, The Right does not equal the GOP, not in the least.

Wait so if you disagree with the president you are not a racist? Damn I thought all this time I disagreed with the president because I hate black people!

And as far as Redneck vs the N word, I am proud to be called a redneck! I dont know any black people proud to be called the N word unless you throw an a at the end. I think the words may have the same intention but not the same impact. We make words as powerful as we want them to be. As soon as we stop giving power to these words, they will cease to be anything more than words and the wont matter.

Wasn't Garafalo always an ANGRY stand up comic. I would imagine anything that comes out of her mouth to be exagerated and to be biting. I don't think she's aiming to be an honest purveyor of truth. I think she's trying to give a few biting remarks that gets her name in the headlines. She may even think that this characterization (character assasination) is funny stuff?

Wasn't Garafalo always an ANGRY stand up comic. I would imagine anything that comes out of her mouth to be exagerated and to be biting. I don't think she's aiming to be an honest purveyor of truth. I think she's trying to give a few biting remarks that gets her name in the headlines. She may even think that this characterization (character assasination) is funny stuff?

Yup, she was always pretty pissy. She's a crusader (i.e., a self-righteous, always indignant, holier-than-thou simpleton).

Simpleton? Eh..she is a college grad..but that means little, it appears.

To me, she is an extremist in the Dem party and because of her fame (disputed as it may be), she gets a lot of airtime to shout our her views.

As for her comments about a lack of color at the tea parties...I saw very few minorities at the one in Sacramento. Not sure about the other tea parties..but if the people who came out to them were largely conservative, I can see why few minorities and people under the age of 40 would show up.

Really? Then explain what he meant since you already know he didn't mean what I thought.

well I was actually able to read the LAST PORTION OF HIS POST

...but the tea parties really were not a typical demographic cross section of society (which is fine, they didn't have to be).

but I suppose that is nitpicking also :)

Wait so if you disagree with the president you are not a racist? Damn I thought all this time I disagreed with the president because I hate black people!

And as far as Redneck vs the N word, I am proud to be called a redneck! I dont know any black people proud to be called the N word unless you throw an a at the end. I think the words may have the same intention but not the same impact. We make words as powerful as we want them to be. As soon as we stop giving power to these words, they will cease to be anything more than words and the wont matter.

good answer, in my opinion

(although... the last part is a pleasant goal, but not really attainable. Words carry their intended meaning. Words that are intended to wound, do wound... )

I found it humours that MSNBC can throw out so many insults to Fox, then have this idiot on there....Anytime a national news source like Fox, CNN or MSNBC has someone extreme, right or left, that says this type of ****, just takes away a lot of credibility imo. How can you make fun of Fox for having somone like Ann Coulter, then promote someone like Garafalo/olberman?

I found it humours that MSNBC can throw out so many insults to Fox, then have this idiot on there....Anytime a national news source like Fox, CNN or MSNBC has someone extreme, right or left, that says this type of ****, just takes away a lot of credibility imo. How can you make fun of Fox for having somone like Ann Coulter, then promote someone like Garafalo/olberman?

It's easy. Fox and MSNBC are full of hypocritical self-righteous a-holes with no credibility whatsoever, so they just don't care.

to me it feels like she is just trying to perpetuate a strategy to repeatedly use racist and republican or conservative in the same sentence. That strategy is hoping to persuade the moderates or middle of the roaders to swing to their side of the spectrum. It was like when Kanye West said that "George Bush doesn't care about black people".....SOOOO LAME!!! in my opinion. I hope people soon realize they are being duped by the media into believing that Republican or Conservative are all racists....sooo ignorant.

As far as Olberman goes...he seems sooo much happier doing sports..doesnt he? man...it is as though someone pissed in his cheerioes or killed his puppy or something when you watch his show....i personally cant stomach it.

Archived