Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Janeane Garafalo- The tea baggers are racist/white power

ljs

I'm actually surprised this thread didn't get more traction with the usuals.

But at the end of the day, who cares what she says?

There's a reason she had a show on Air America. If Coulter said this same crap on Hannity, he'd giggle like a schoolgirl then promote her book. And the kool aid drinkers would talk about how funny it is that liberals get up in arms about an idiot like Coulter.

Same thing...

I was surprised how fast the phrase "Shut up and pay your taxes!" is being used by liberals again. How dare people exercise their Constitutional rights and protest against government policies they disagree with. Talk about being a bunch of hypocrites...

I heard Rachael Maddow use the term tea baggers on her show last week. That's got to be one of the most ironic things I've ever seen on TV.

Garafalo, and Olberman mentioned the chance for violence at these rallies. I laughed comparing them to the memories I have of numerous "left" rallies (WTO for example), which were nothing but broken windows, assault on police, near complete destruction of communties. And you want to say the Tea Rallies were headed toward violence? Yes, some had dumb ass signs, what group doesn't have those? But they have a right to protest, and they did. They did peacefully. Maybe others can learn from that at least.

I don't like that Maddow gives people the impression that lesbians are way out there liberals. I mean, I give her props for intelligence, you can't be an Oxford scholar and not have some sort of brain. But, I know how much people stereotype, and she is one of few out lesbians who the general public tend to shape their views from. And I wish she would stop talking in the same tone as Olberman...it just annoys me.

I don't like that Maddow gives people the impression that lesbians are way out there liberals. I mean, I give her props for intelligence, you can't be an Oxford scholar and not have some sort of brain.

For an Oxford scholar, she sure was giddy over the sophomoric "teabagging" humor that was flying around on MSNBC last week.

not to be an ass or anything, but the spelling is way off....far off enough, that i thought this thread was about someone else

it's Janeane

not at all Mick, thank you for pointing it out. I'll be the first to admit I'm a ****ty speller. I remember in 4th grade my teacher said I'll never learn to spell a thing...guess she was right:silly:.

not at all Mick, thank you for pointing it out. I'll be the first to admit I'm a ****ty speller. I remember in 4th grade my teacher said I'll never learn to spell a thing...guess she was right:silly:.

It doesn't count. You misspelled a person's name. We all know it can be spelled any way and especially a nutcase like that.

For an Oxford scholar, she sure was giddy over the sophomoric "teabagging" humor that was flying around on MSNBC last week.

I was giddy because the right was so lame that they probably didn't even realize that "teabagging" has at least two meanings.

In any case, Garafalo sucks. Wingnuts are wingnuts, whether they be liberal ones or conservative ones.

So, according to you, if a group of protesters don't have a demographic cross section of the US within their group, their opinions are not legit? By your reasoning, just about every special intrest group and/or minority protest would be considered not legit.

Why do you think I said "Not defending Garafolo, but the tea parties really were not a typical demographic cross section of society (which is fine, they didn't have to be)"

What do you think I might have meant by those words?

I was giddy because the right was so lame that they probably didn't even realize that "teabagging" has at least two meanings.

In any case, Garafalo sucks. Wingnuts are wingnuts, whether they be liberal ones or conservative ones.

You act as if everyone on the right is elderly and out of touch with modern terms and jargon. Simply not true, case in point, the many thousands strong "Young Americans for Liberty" groups that have popped up at many universities over the past year.

Young, enterprising, future professionals as well as us "middle aged, 30 something professionals are making up more and more of the hated "Right" these days.

So long story short, most of us knew that teabagging was used in a lame attempt at humor.

You act as if everyone on the right is elderly and out of touch with modern terms and jargon. Simply not true, case in point, the many thousands strong "Young Americans for Liberty" groups that have popped up at many universities over the past year.

Young, enterprising, future professionals as well as us "middle aged, 30 something professionals are making up more and more of the hated "Right" these days.

So long story short, most of us knew that teabagging was used in a lame attempt at humor.

You're taking the whole thing WAY too seriously. So some hack on MSNBC made fun of something you support. Who cares? And not all of the attempts at humor were lame. Some of them were pretty clever (like the Dick Armey joke at the end of the video I started a thread about maybe a week or two ago).

Also, young, enterprising, future professionals as well as you middle aged, 30 something professionals are making up less and less of the hated "Right" these days. That's the serious problem that the right is facing right now, and has been addressed very recently by Meghan McCain, Newt, and a host of others. The Right's coalition has been shrinking, not growing, especially among the formerly reliable enterprising professionals, probably due in large part to the party's over-embrace of the fundamentalist christian wing of the party while largely disregarding the small government fiscal responsibility types.

Now they are trying to recapture the disaffected, but everyone is or should be justifiably skeptical about whether the right truly cares about or stands for the proposition of limited government anymore (if they ever did)

You're taking the whole thing WAY too seriously. So some hack on MSNBC made fun of something you support. Who cares? And not all of the attempts at humor were lame. Some of them were pretty clever (like the Dick Armey joke at the end of the video I started a thread about maybe a week or two ago).

Also, young, enterprising, future professionals as well as you middle aged, 30 something professionals are making up less and less of the hated "Right" these days. That's the serious problem that the right is facing right now, and has been addressed very recently by Meghan McCain, Newt, and a host of others. The Right's coalition has been shrinking, not growing, especially among the formerly reliable enterprising professionals, probably due in large part to the party's over-embrace of the fundamentalist christian wing of the party while largely disregarding the small government fiscal responsibility types.

Now they are trying to recapture the disaffected, but everyone is or should be justifiably skeptical about whether the right truly cares about or stands for the proposition of limited government anymore (if they ever did)

Honestly, not sure how my response to another poster regarding the understanding of jargon is taking things "way too seriously"?

You are framing the entire "right" as the neo-con branch of the GOP. That is an error. There are millions of folks on the "right" that arent even republicans and even more who are not neo-cons.

and yes, the feable attempts at humor using tea-bagging were lame to the enth degree

Honestly, not sure how my response to another poster regarding the understanding of jargon is taking things "way too seriously"?

You are framing the entire "right" as the neo-con branch of the GOP. That is an error. There are millions of folks on the "right" that arent even republicans and even more who are not neo-cons.

and yes, the feable attempts at humor using tea-bagging were lame to the enth degree

You're right about that first part. I was thinking of Johnny's posts earlier in the thread. My bad. :doh:

But if you were trying to disassociate "right" from "republican", in context, that was not at all clear. Most people use the two interchangeably, because that's the generally understood meaning. We're a 2 party system. left = dem, right = pub. If by "right" you meant libertarian or something else, I didn't get it.

I'm not "framing" the right as anything but the Republican party. I don't think it's at all controversial to say the Republican party's coalition is shrinking, and that they have turned off many of its small government type supporters (including yourself, apparently).

Archived