Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lion Rides -- Really Terrible Idea or Best Zoo Attraction Ever?

China

Lion Rides -- Really Terrible Idea or Best Zoo Attraction Ever?

A controversial zoo in Argentina allows tourists to have extremely close encounters with some of the most dangerous predators in the world.

Here at the Lujan Zoo near Buenos Aires visitors can ride lions, cuddle bears, stroke tigers and feed cheetahs.

The animals appear to be very sedate and tame and keepers casually supervise the animals that aren't chained when they are out of their cages.

Visitors can even pick up the smaller animals and manhandle them at risk to themselves and the creatures.

article-1166062-042D56F5000005DC-654_634x480.jpg

Shockingly there doesn't appear to be much in the way of safety regulations to protect either humans or animals and Internet blogs are littered with pictures of tourists with the animals.

'Only Brad was brave enough to enter this tiger's cage,' writes one blogger next to a picture of a man (presumably Brad) stroking the rump of a giant sleeping tiger.

Another blogger describes how she and her travel companion were supposedly allowed to play with the animals even more closely after the zoo had closed.

She wrote: 'I love Argentina. People aren't hung up on safety. They don't have as many fears as the rest of the world.

'The guys who worked at the zoo let us take goofy pictures with the animals. I sat on a lions back. ha ha.'

Even children are allowed to enter the lion's cage and fondle a range of animals that have the potential to kill or maim them.

article-1166062-04327037000005DC-640_634x475.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

holy hell that lion is huge. I didnt realize they were that big

If you think that bad boy is big, you've never seen a Liger:

liger13zi.jpg

BTW, I have petted a Liger, back when the original VA Ren Fair was around. I have a picture some place of it. I think they were fine with it as long as we weren't at the business end of the beast.

I dont see any problem letting people do it at their own risk. Why is it such a big deal? People know what can happen so if they choose to expose themselves to the risk, thats their own problem. Why is this any different than sky diving or bungee jumping? I would probably have to at least pet the lion. It would probably be an adrenaline rush. It also helps that I am a fully trained ninja in case something were to go wrong:kungfu::stick:

I dont see any problem letting people do it at their own risk. Why is it such a big deal? People know what can happen so if they choose to expose themselves to the risk, thats their own problem. Why is this any different than sky diving or bungee jumping? I would probably have to at least pet the lion. It would probably be an adrenaline rush. It also helps that I am a fully trained ninja in case something were to go wrong:kungfu::stick:

i just don't like how people treat the animals like they were put here for our entertainment. they are wild animals and they shouldn't be locked up with stupid people riding on their backs

i just don't like how people treat the animals like they were put here for our entertainment. they are wild animals and they shouldn't be locked up with stupid people riding on their backs

I wouldn't go as far as saying zoo's should exist but sedating them so people could get on their backs and take pictures is just too much.

Archived