Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll, who would you most like to have at QB?

redskins fan for life

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This is the first (and probably the last) time I will post in this thread. It seems to be the thread of the week. I've decompressed from the Stadium and I feel that it's safe (though probably not) for me to post in here now.

I'm with the majority. I'd rather see Colt start for us. I am willing to give Campbell three games, AT MAX, to prove himself this upcoming season. If he looks like the Campbell of yesterseason, let him have some time off. Obviously, we aren't getting to the playoffs with Campbell of yesterseason. Give Colt a shot if Campbell looks like ass. I'd be all for it at that point.

Give our "starter" three games. Three games won't ruin a season. Three games will be enough to evaluate if he can learn and progress through an entire off season. If he doesn't, give the guy the boot. If he does, we've found our QB of the future. If not, let Colt give it a go and see how well it works out, Campbell seems to be OK with other guys taking the reigns (in light of the whole Cutler situation).

In fact... speaking of the whole Cutler situation. If I were Campbell, I would be pissed as hell. I wouldn't want to be the starting QB for the Washington Redskins. I'd rather get as far away from this team as possible. At that point, it would be quite obvious that the team (read: Snyderatto) didn't have confidence any more. I wouldn't want to be a part of a team that didn't have confidence in me.

I realize that I've responded to about four threads with this post. I haven't come around the Stadium very much lately because it's dominated by the draft and arguing about nothing. Too much going on. I felt like adding my two cents though, for what it's worth.

As much as I think we should give the world's most mediocre QB another chance I also don't see a reason why we couldn't give Colt equal amount of playing time in training camp and pre-season to see who is the best option at QB. I think Colt has some potential and playing with the first team might help him out a bit so lets see if he can beat out Campbell. No one on this board is 100% convinced that JC is the guy so give Colt a shot, let him attempt to be the starter on this team.

Why is the Pro Campbell camp screaming that Cult members are irrational, yet they are the ones screaming, HATER HATER HATER???? Pretty sad when grown men act like little 2yr olds. Shameful even that they pound there chests and scream, "I Man!" yet fail to realize what a real man is. So, WHY?????

Sorry M8 but the words Pro and Campbell do not belong in the same sentence.

Hell, they don't belong in the same paragraph; or even for that matter, post or entire thread.

~Irish

wow I had no idea over half the fan base wants Colt.

I voted for the QB that gives us the best chance to get in the playoffs. And right now I believe that is JC

You mean over half the fan base that post on ES.

I know you aren't a Jason basher, but it always gets me when the 20 or so here who are post as though they represent the entire Redskins fan base. Excuse me, but there are 90,000 in the stands and another 25,000 on the waiting list and they think they know what every one of these fans think and want. :doh:

Let's just put it plain and simple. Using language like HATER is self-serving and adds nothing to the thread. You speak of logic and how the Cult is irrational yet, you are the one throwing HATER around with such lavishness that Obama might create a tax just for using the word. I believe if you do some research, you will find that it is the basic Campbell backer like you that so loves that word, HATER, that it is probably used in a 10:1 ratio. In layman terms, you probably use it 10 times to every one time a Cult member might use it. Why is that? Why is it that the Pro Campbell camp resorts to the HATER montage while the Cult members try using logic and sound football arguments. Why is the Pro Campbell camp screaming that Cult members are irrational, yet they are the ones screaming, HATER HATER HATER???? Pretty sad when grown men act like little 2yr olds. Shameful even that they pound there chests and scream, "I Man!" yet fail to realize what a real man is. So, WHY?????

Well to answer your question, I directly replied to someone who called me a 'Colt hater'. I don't hate Colt Brennan. If you read what I said, I said I enjoyed watching him play in college and in the preseason. What I said was I hate the 'Cult of Colt' because my pet peeve is trying to talk sports with fans whose arguments lack any basis of substance.

And your rational logic says Colt won't be a starter in this league. But yet you don't like people who have illogical and irrational reasons. Got it.
Well my 'logic' is based on Brennan not playing in a pro style offense in college, 31 other teams not believing that he would be a viable QB for 5.5 rounds, him having worse mechanics than most young QB his age, having an accurate but not strong arm, having a QB coach that is also our offensive coordinator and head coach-thus not having extra time to dedicate to developing our 3rd string QB, he's about 6'1, 180 soaking wet and would struggle to make it thru a 16 game season. Need I go on?

I've compared him to Danny Weurrfel mostly based on college production not going to be able to translate into pro production but in reality he's probably more like Eric Zeier from UGA in the '90's. He's small in stature, can make some plays that make you say wow, but over the long haul he's not the answer.

You mean over half the fan base that post on ES.

I know you aren't a Jason basher, but it always gets me when the 20 or so here who are post as though they represent the entire Redskins fan base. Excuse me, but there are 90,000 in the stands and another 25,000 on the waiting list and they think they know what every one of these fans think and want. :doh:

That waiting list is gone. I bet you'll be able to buy a ticket at the door this year. The scalpers will definately have good cheap tickets.

Bottom line is this M8's.

It is obvious the front office and the coaching staff don't think Jason has what it takes to get the job done. Actions speak much louder than words. I don't know what is going to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see a Jason "please please please one more year" Campbell trade scenario.

Anyone who thinks Zorn got blindsided by all the Cutler bullocks just isnt really thinking through this thing logically.

This is all moot. No matter how much support cultists garner from other cultist they will never decide anything for this argument. American idol rules do not apply, so support the starter on the team if you're a real fan.

In case you don't know, Campbell is the starter and colt is two qbs away from starting.

This is all moot. No matter how much support cultists garner from other cultist they will never decide anything for this argument. American idol rules do not apply, so support the starter on the team if you're a real fan.

In case you don't know, Campbell is the starter and colt is two qbs away from starting.

And you know Campbell is the starter how? Because somebody reported that someone said so?

Actions speak louder than words ... Campbell is in the doghouse.

really? around 700 more votes for colt?

now im an optimist... but i have no idea what those people have seen from colt, that the coaching staff and the rest of the world havent seen

Like I've mentioned, forget the amount of votes Brennan gets, and just think about the amount of votes Campbell's not getting.

Excuse me, but there are 90,000 in the stands and another 25,000 on the waiting list and they think they know what every one of these fans think and want. :doh:

Assuming there's not ballot stuffing (which would be easier to determine with a public poll), that's random sampling.

If actions speak louder than words then colt has the same writing on the wall. A team does not look to bring in a free agent backup because they believe their 3rd string is ready to assume the role.

Colt is not ready to be a backup. That should speak louder than cutler.

The whole cutler situation involved an owner who loves signing former pro bowlers regardless of actual talent or scheme fit. Because of the ownership we have what appears to be "writing on the wall" is really just impatience by an owner who hasn't learned his lesson about building a team. And there's a larger poll that believes that statement.

But why try to sign leftwhich when colt is our 2nd stringer?

That writing works both ways.

Oh and I saw colt playing with a redskinsesque offensive line and a good, but definitely not nfl quality defense.

I saw colt crying on the sidelines and could almost watch his draft stock plummet as georgia exposed the joke offense he played in to put up monopoly numbers.

Oh and I saw colt playing with a redskinsesque offensive line and a good, but definitely not nfl quality defense.

I saw colt crying on the sidelines and could almost watch his draft stock plummet as georgia exposed the joke offense he played in to put up monopoly numbers.

Thats a very tired and unoriginal arguement. Everyone points to one singular game in his entire collegiate career to hang the "he is not a quality QB" hat. Thats laughable. I can name 7 games off the top of my head that Campbell in the pros ****ed up and lost it for us in the end. A bad read here. A bad throw there. An interception here. A fumble for loss there. It all adds up. And I sure a **** would love to see our quarterback actually display emotions. Not command this team like he was a bit-part robot in a bad movie about robots failing at the job they were designed to do.

And in case you missed it... not a single player from those Hawaii teams was drafted besides Devon Bess (Dolphins) and only one other is even on a NFL practice squad. That is not "Redskinsesque." His draft stock plummeted because he was hurt, was undersized at his pro day due to an illness and he played a particular system. He also was three years removed from a charge he was acquitted on. Thats why. And please don't respond with the typical "every pro scout and coach knows more than us." They don't know what he can do in a real NFL game with the first stringers. No one does. But we all know what Campbell can't do. Win games when its on him and be a franchise quarterback for this team. Which is why we tried to deal him not once, not twice, but three times this offseason.

Dont be so sure. When the boo birds flew for Brunell it got ugly. And when the fans generated enough animosity the local media started echoing the resentment. And viola.... Brunell was benched and Campbell began his reign of mediocrity and disappointment.

Believe it or not, because of the nature of this team and the ownerships tendencies to appease the fanbase through bells and whistles (see: our free agent signings for the last 10 years).... we can do a lot of backseat driving on this. I guarantee if we got a contingent of fans in the stands for the first preseason game to chant Brennan over and over again.... it would continue to echo in Snyders head long after the game was over. And when that happens.... he jerks his knee.

This is what these colt homers do not understand. Brennan is a college system qb. He played in one of worst defensive conferences in the NCAA. He was the 10th qb takin in the draft and passed over by 31 teams for 5 and a half rounds. His predecessor Timmy Chang still holds the college record for yards thrown. He never played a down in the nfl and now is playing in Canada. Hes not the next Tom Brady; not even close.

Management wants to bring in another option at qb. This clearly means they do not think ANY qbs on the current roster is capable of being the teams long term option. If we had gotten cutler or do indeed draft sanchez; Brennan and Collins will be pine riders for the foreseeable future.

Now if somehow Brennan got a shot at the starting job and played well then I'll be the first to get on here and eat a bowl of crow. But thats a huge IF; and it will take more than Colt playing well against 3rd and 4th string scrubs to convince me he can play at the same level against starters for 16 games.:logo:

This is what these colt homers do not understand. Brennan is a college system qb. He played in one of worst defensive conferences in the NCAA. He was the 10th qb takin in the draft and passed over by 31 teams for 5 and a half rounds. His predecessor Timmy Chang still holds the college record for yards thrown. He never played a down in the nfl and now is playing in Canada. Hes not the next Tom Brady; not even close.

:logo:

Not a Colt homer, guess I am a Jason Homer for the time being. However, lets deal with your false assumptions.

"He was the 10th qb takin in the draft and passed over by 31 teams for 5 and a half rounds."

This statement of yours indicates to me that you believe ONLY quarterbacks taken in the 1st or 2nd rounds are worthy of NFL play. You apparently believe that if a QB is taken in later rounds, that it AUTOMATICALLY disqualifies him from any success. Should have told that to Tom Brady or Joe Montana. You also apparently believe that if a QB is passed over by 31 teams , then that guarantees failure for a QB. Not true.

His predecessor Timmy Chang still holds the college record for yards thrown. He never played a down in the nfl and now is playing in Canada.

So apparently you disqualify ANYONE who is follows Timmy Chang. If Chang couldn't do it, then NOBODY can. Is that what you believe?

Colt Brennan threw for more TD passes than even Timmy Chang, and despite that Chang did not get an opportunity to play, who cares. Colt is playing on an NFL roster so RIGHT THERE, your theory is blown. Colt has had no chance to play yet, and in fact was injured all last spring, yet still was fairly impressive in pre-season despite having missed so much practice time.

We have as many Colt haters as we do Colt Homers on this board, and it should be quite the circus attraction this pre-season when Colt and Jason Battle for supremacy. I do realize Jason is the starter, but just remember, that if Colt puts up better numbers, then that is when the real circus will come to town.

It's comical how many around the internet like to use Timmy Chang to discredit what Brennan accomplished at Hawaii.

The thing is these peeps obviously are not aware that because of a medical red shirt, Chang was eligible for a 5TH year and that is why he holds the all-time passing yards record which is no big deal once one knows about the extra year.

By the way, I don't know of one single person (including June Jones) who watched Chang throughout his career who thought he would ever be on an NFL roster - much less play in the NFL. The difference between Chang and Brennan is like night and day, so it really is preposterous to even try to bring Brennan down to Chang's level.

emoshag,

name games last year that campbell lost for us. i'll wait.

your argument is tired because there was a better poll a while back where the question was "which qb gives us the best chance to win right now?"

campbell crushed that poll, because it's true. brennan is several years away from being nfl ready.

sorry about that jersey purchase though.

snyder enjoys your money either way.

Archived