Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll, who would you most like to have at QB?

redskins fan for life

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

mistertim - What does the fact that they were looking into Leftwich tell you? Not exactly a convincing case that Colt is the answer.
The Redskins looked at Leftwich because if they snagged him for what they would have been willing to pay him, it would have been cheaper than keeping Collins.
tiger187126 - i can't wait until we bring in competition and colt gets cut. colt is so amazing he couldn't wrestle the #2 spot away from a 38 year old who had an amazingly hard time grasping the offense, a different one than he had studied for the last 12 years.
- Brennan isn't going to be cut, & it's duly noted of your passionate hatred for him.

- He wasn't drafted to compete with Collins in 2008. His job was to compete with Derek Devine, whom he outperformed.

tiger187126 - he is a third string qb with flawed mechanics
- That's an argument of the past, it's time to move on...

"The Redskins hope that No. 3 quarterback Colt Brennan, a 2008 draft pick, will develop into an effective player and are pleased with his progress"

SMU Redskin - If JC doesn't produce in the first half of this season, then by all means give Colt a shot because under that scenario JC probably wouldnt be resigned anyways. Let's just see what he can do under a more favorable set of circumstances this season
Sounds fair enough.
FightingIrishman -Jason Campbell might not start either. I think he is trade bait. Can't wait till draft day.
lol Quite possible he could kiss his Blarney Stone goodbye.

When everyone is told "JC is our QB" at the same time meetings are going on behind closed doors to discuss Cutler, it convinced me that anything can happen with JC between now and the start of the season.

HawwaiianTime - Look, most of these guys are asking for an open competition because they've seen what Campbell can do, now they'd like to see what Brennan can do. Like it or not, Brennan has shown a lot of win mojo in the little time he's played in the NFL.
Yet Campbell supporters call Brennan supporters Campbell haters. In all actuality, Brennan supporters are Redskin supporters because they're looking forward to seeing if he has anything better to offer for their team. So I believe that a Campbell supporter who calls a Brennan supporter a Campbell hater is actually a Redskin hater.

Now that should stir a fuss, eh? ;)

wvtbred - Happy Easter
X2 :D

So why not give the guy a shot?

because the NFL isn't about giving a shot to someone just because you like them. you have to earn your way in the NFL, just like JC did. he did his time played behind Brunell and earned his way onto the field.

colt has held jocks during his time with the skins, his playing minutes were a lot higher than campbell's in preseason and when carolina wiped the floor with us with brennan commanding the offense we still got killed.

brennan hasn't earned a thing. simple as that. you want to give him the start because you got your Hawaiian glasses on.

when brennan outperforms todd collins you can start talking, but right now he is an emergency backup, and emergency backups are not starters.

If some people had their way, Colt Brennan, Marcus Mason and Anthony Mix would be or top offensive weapons (though they would be combining for just over 800 yards in a 16 game season).

thank you, and i will admit i had a man crush on mix until this past preseason when he really got shown up by other people on the practice squad.

in reality we all pitched a fit when mason got signed, only to end up on another teams practice squad.

the redskins are desperate for measured success, which is apparent by their willingness still to this day to auction off the future for a shot at glory for one season. this is a team that was just going to give up 2 first rounders the past 2 years for players that appear to be overrated for various reasons.

if colt was really the player that everyone on here says he is he would be starting. end of story.

Look at these numbers! Even if you added Cutler, Collins, and Leftwich together to Campbells--Colt is still leading! There's got to be something to this, don't you think? :D Hail!

Yes. A bunch of idiotic fans who know less than zero about evaluating NFL talent.

Seriously, you Colt-a-maniacs are really irritating. It's like trying to argue with a woman around here. Logic, common sense and rational thought are completely irrelevant to the points you attempt to make. If EVERYONE ASSOCIATED with the Redskins says that JC is the QB and is the UNQUESTIONED starter going into the season at this point with no chance of Cutler, what possible reason do you have for thinking either A. JC will be traded, benched or cut prior to the season or B. that it will be an open competition?

The amazing irony is that Snyderatto gets blasted for 99% of their decisions around here but they are the sole basis of legitimacy for the argument 'the FO isn't sold on JC so he must not be good enough'. How are they wrong (in most eyes) 99% of the time, but on this singular issue they've nailed it!?! Their stellar record of QB (George, Wuerffel, Matthews, Hasselbeck, Ramsey) decisions over the past decade must be the gauge of history you're leaning on.

Cultists, answer me this question.. Why did he drop from a borderline 1st round pick in week 10 of his senior season to a 6th round pick in the actual draft? Could it be that EVERY NFL team saw a bunch of things they didn't like and were pretty sure he wouldn't be an effective NFL QB?

because the NFL isn't about giving a shot to someone just because you like them. you have to earn your way in the NFL, just like JC did. he did his time played behind Brunell and earned his way onto the field.

Did JC get his shot at the starting job because he earned it or because Brunell's play wasn't that good? Or, maybe it was because the FO drafted him high and gave away draft picks that they wanted to see if their investment in JC would pay off.

I agree, Campbell needs this year to prove himself. He will be in the Zorn's offense for 2 years and he will have the personnel around him to succeed. The fact that the FO did not offer him an extension shows that JC has not convinced them yet that he is the franchise qb that they want. He needs an outstanding year to warrant the FO giving him a multi-year contract.

Brennan, on the other hand, is a low risk / high reward draft pick. So far, he has earned his way to be the 3rd string qb for the team. I believe he will take the #2 spot away from Collins this season. When that happens, he will will be only a snap away from starting. All he needs is an opportunity like the one given to Campbell and I'm sure he'll make the most of it.

Yes. A bunch of idiotic fans who know less than zero about evaluating NFL talent.

Seriously, you Colt-a-maniacs are really irritating. It's like trying to argue with a woman around here. Logic, common sense and rational thought are completely irrelevant to the points you attempt to make. If EVERYONE ASSOCIATED with the Redskins says that JC is the QB and is the UNQUESTIONED starter going into the season at this point with no chance of Cutler, what possible reason do you have for thinking either A. JC will be traded, benched or cut prior to the season or B. that it will be an open competition?

The amazing irony is that Snyderatto gets blasted for 99% of their decisions around here but they are the sole basis of legitimacy for the argument 'the FO isn't sold on JC so he must not be good enough'. How are they wrong (in most eyes) 99% of the time, but on this singular issue they've nailed it!?! Their stellar record of QB (George, Wuerffel, Matthews, Hasselbeck, Ramsey) decisions over the past decade must be the gauge of history you're leaning on.

Cultists, answer me this question.. Why did he drop from a borderline 1st round pick in week 10 of his senior season to a 6th round pick in the actual draft? Could it be that EVERY NFL team saw a bunch of things they didn't like and were pretty sure he wouldn't be an effective NFL QB?

Beautifully written.

Well said bro, well said.

HTTR!

:cheers:

Coltists P'wned

Wow, here's another--typical Colt Hater!

I am making an observation about the numbers and you come back with this lame argument about "like trying to argue with a woman". Take a moment and a deep breath and think it through! JC is the starter, Colt is working at becoming #2. The thread read's "Poll, who would you most like to have at QB? Doesn't mean it's gonna happen!

...Cultists, answer me this question.. Why did he drop from a borderline 1st round pick in week 10 of his senior season to a 6th round pick in the actual draft? Could it be that EVERY NFL team saw a bunch of things they didn't like and were pretty sure he wouldn't be an effective NFL QB?

Go do a search and be enlightened, this question has been addressed multiple times over.

Hail!

Why does the topic of our starting QB inspire so much anomosity? Why cant we all just agree to disagree and let it play out how its gonna do anyway without all the finger pointing and name calling?

None of us here has a damn thing to say about who will or will not be the starting quaterback. That duty lies at the feet of TheDan, Zorn, and Vinny.

All I know is that whoever the starting QB is for the 'Skins, I hope he has a MONSTER year.

'Hail yeah

Nice way to show your misogynistic colors, paintrain. I'm not real inclined to read anything else you might say because you just shot yourself in the foot.

Why does the topic of our starting QB inspire so much anomosity? Why cant we all just agree to disagree and let it play out how its gonna do anyway without all the finger pointing and name calling?

None of us here has a damn thing to say about who will or will not be the starting quaterback. That duty lies at the feet of TheDan, Zorn, and Vinny.

All I know is that whoever the starting QB is for the 'Skins, I hope he has a MONSTER year.

'Hail yeah

Oh if it could all be that simple my friend. My post count would probably be cut in half if we did away with QB chit chat.

:silly:

Wow, here's another--typical Colt Hater!

I am making an observation about the numbers and you come back with this lame argument about "like trying to argue with a woman". Take a moment and a deep breath and think it through! JC is the starter, Colt is working at becoming #2. The thread read's "Poll, who would you most like to have at QB? Doesn't mean it's gonna happen!

Go do a search and be enlightened, this question has been addressed multiple times over.

Hail!

I'm not a COLT hater, I am a CULT hater. I actually quite enjoyed watching him in the preseason and think he can be a very good backup or spot starter in about 2 years. I don't think he will ever be a starting NFL QB but that's just my opinion.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but it's amazingly frustrating trying to have logical, rational conversations with folks that use illogical, irrational reasoning.

I guess I don't understand someone who claims to be a Redskins fan who would want a 3rd string QB that everyone who is in the know acknowledges is years away from competing for a starting job at QB.

As for my 'arguing like a woman' comment, I apologize to any that were offended. It was not meant to be misogynistic, I can understand how it could be construed that way.

I'm not a COLT hater, I am a CULT hater. I actually quite enjoyed watching him in the preseason and think he can be a very good backup or spot starter in about 2 years. I don't think he will ever be a starting NFL QB but that's just my opinion.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but it's amazingly frustrating trying to have logical, rational conversations with folks that use illogical, irrational reasoning.

I guess I don't understand someone who claims to be a Redskins fan who would want a 3rd string QB that everyone who is in the know acknowledges is years away from competing for a starting job at QB.

As for my 'arguing like a woman' comment, I apologize to any that were offended. It was not meant to be misogynistic, I can understand how it could be construed that way.

Let's just put it plain and simple. Using language like HATER is self-serving and adds nothing to the thread. You speak of logic and how the Cult is irrational yet, you are the one throwing HATER around with such lavishness that Obama might create a tax just for using the word. I believe if you do some research, you will find that it is the basic Campbell backer like you that so loves that word, HATER, that it is probably used in a 10:1 ratio. In layman terms, you probably use it 10 times to every one time a Cult member might use it. Why is that? Why is it that the Pro Campbell camp resorts to the HATER montage while the Cult members try using logic and sound football arguments. Why is the Pro Campbell camp screaming that Cult members are irrational, yet they are the ones screaming, HATER HATER HATER???? Pretty sad when grown men act like little 2yr olds. Shameful even that they pound there chests and scream, "I Man!" yet fail to realize what a real man is. So, WHY?????

Yet Campbell supporters call Brennan supporters Campbell haters. In all actuality, Brennan supporters are Redskin supporters because they're looking forward to seeing if he has anything better to offer for their team. So I believe that a Campbell supporter who calls a Brennan supporter a Campbell hater is actually a Redskin hater

You know Late Night, I'm beginning to think that you may have nailed it directly on the head. Let's see them explain how such free usage of HATER makes them a lover and Redskin supporter. Should be interesting, but it'll probably never happen because they can't have sufficient reason to use that word.

And your rational logic says Colt won't be a starter in this league. But yet you don't like people who have illogical and irrational reasons. Got it. :doh::doh::doh:

And your rational logic says Colt won't be a starter in this league. But yet you don't like people who have illogical and irrational reasons. Got it. :doh::doh::doh:

Z, if you keep slapping yourself in the forehead when debating with these guys, you're just gonna give yourself a massive headache.:D

Archived