Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll, who would you most like to have at QB?

redskins fan for life

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

What if we tried to really really hard?

:evilg:

lol

Well, just don't bother with Chang.

Even the talent level of WAC defenses as a reason to discredit Brennan is a joke because teams like Boise and Fresno had defenses on-par with at least the PAC 10 (except for USC).

In addition, notice how people conveniently leave out the fact that Brennan was surrounded with mostly 2 star or lower talent? Hawaii should really be in Division II given the difficulties of being able to recruit from so far away plus their measly $50,000 recruiting budget doesn't help either.

Also, for someone up above, Davone Bess was not drafted by the Dolphins. He had to earn his spot the hard way.

Friends, isn't it time to realize that you are not going to BOOOOOOO, if Jason Campbell throws a 90 yard TD pass to begin the season....and the other half of you are not going to BOOOOOOO if Colt Brennan throws that 90 yard TD pass.

All I would hear in the stands is cheering so its USELESS to run either of our QB's into the ground for the sake of trying to be right. Start being a team fan and rooting for your team to be successful at the QB position regardless who starts.

So Tom Brady, Mark Rypien and Stan Humphries were 6th round picks. The lesson we have to learn from some in this thread is that because of that, they'll always be reckoned as lesser QB specimens than FIRST ROUNDERS like Akili Smith, Heath Shuler, Andre Ware, Tim Couch etc.

Great that we got all that cleared up.

:doh:

So Tom Brady, Mark Rypien and Stan Humphries were 6th round picks. The lesson we have to learn from some in this thread is that because of that, they'll always be reckoned as lesser QB specimens than FIRST ROUNDERS like Akili Smith, Heath Shuler, Andre Ware, Tim Couch etc.

Great that we got all that cleared up.

:doh:

I believe M. Hasselback and Bulger were 6th rounders too.

View Poll Results: Who would you like to be the redskins quarterback?

Jason Campbell 1,040 31.78%

Jay Cutler 246 7.52%

Colt Brennan 1,904 58.17%

Todd Collins 30 0.92%

Byron Leftwich 53 1.62%

LOL... I gotta laugh at this!!!

I guess we had 1,904 Hawaiian votes!!!!!

Hey Admin do we have that many ES members from Hawaii?

i think it should be colt cause you can get him upto a 99ovr in madden and campbell only a 98ovr. that right there shows who has more potential.

sometimes i feel like this is the thought process going through some of our fans heads. whatever though, heres to hoping for a successful draft.:saber:

Posted by RocketCitySkins in another thread:

http://www.comcastsportsnet.tv/pages/videopagemain

Colt feeling pretty good about the up coming season in this interview along side with Devin Thomas.

Colt says he appreciates his opportunities as a Redskin 3rd string QB. He says has learned the playbook and knows his teammates better with a year under his belt--and most important, is healthier than last year.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to some preseason Colt action!

Woo Hoo!! :wavetowel

as said by every redskins reporter since Joey T, the backup QB is the most popular position on the Skins roster.

i remember fans screaming for for every backup to start, which included ramsey and campbell. and they got what they wanted, and look at where we're at.

Where we're at is still looking for our franchise QB. Even though the replacement players didn't necissarily work out, I would bet that most fans are still glad we made those moves. Once you know a player is not producing, you look elsewhere. Just because the replacement doesn't produce either doesn't mean the team would have been better with the original guy who couldn't produce.

And if that's true about backup qb's, how come no one is screaming for Collins to start?

The thing that people are either missing, or just refusing to acknowledge because there's no counterargument, is that most Colt fans don't want him to be handed the starting job. they just want him to get a chance to see if he can produce at the nfl level the way he has produced at every other level he has played at. Yes he played in a weak division, but if breaking a ton of records and leading the league doesn't at least warrent him getting a CHANCE at the next level, then I don't know what would. He certainly has overproduced and risen to the occasion in every chance that he's gotten (preseason with the skins included).

There's been SO many on the fence posts here concerning colt. People refusing to take a side until the answer is so obvious that they don't risk anything. And what alot of them boil down to is a circular argument that makes no sense.

"colt doesn't have what it takes to start in the nfl, because he hasn't started in the nfl already"

WTF? Am I the only one who sees that this doesn't make sense? He needs to be a proven starter in the NFL before he's worthy of getting a shot in the NFL? If this philosophy held true there would be no point ever playing any new players, or drafting anyone after the first round.

I'm from Hawaii so what I have to say doesn't count with a lot of you guys, but i have to chip in my two cents. We were able to get the HOF game here in Hawaii and I was danged proud of the way Colt marched the team down the field. Sure, I understand he was playing against the "scrubs" but every one of them scrubs was an all-star on their college team at one time, so collectively, they had way more talent than he was used to seeing. Still, he picked them apart. Not to mention, those "scrubs" were all trying to make the roster so you've got to believe they were bringing the lumber on every snap.

Should have added Sanchez. I hear Danny is going to trade our 1st and 2nd round picks in 2010 along with our 1st this year to move up to the #3 spot (Chiefs) to select Sanchez.

Just kidding but who knows what Dan the man will do?

lol, last time i looked at this candle and brennan were tied.

doesnt look that way anymore. i wonder how many brennan signs were gonna see at the stadium this season.

Wouldn't it be something if we drafted Sanchez and Colt started this season and Campbell was.......................?

Archived