Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll, who would you most like to have at QB?

redskins fan for life

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Weren't we competing for the playoffs up until week 16 last year or did I imagine that?

I'm guessing a lot of folks believe we were still in the playoff hunt at that point *despite* JC's performance during that 2-6 sprint to the finish line.

It's easy to put up big numbers in such a system, especially when the other team is Idaho or San Jose State

In 2005, Brennan's first season in the run 'n shoot, his season stats were:

350/515 68%, 4301 yds, 35 tds, 13 ints, 155 rating

Hawaii's out of conference schedule that year was against USC, Michigan State, and Wisconsin and his numbers against those schools were:

77/116 66%, 872 yds, 6 tds, 2 ints

Compare this with Bo Mitchell's, SMU's qb, 2008 numbers:

236/410 58%, 2865 yds, 24 tds, 23 ints, 124 rating

Mitchell's first year numbers in the system pale in comparison to Brennan's.

It shows that putting up big numbers in the run 'n shoot is not that easy to do. Brennan not only picked up the nuances of the system quickly, but he ran it efficiently and his numbers proved it.

I voted for JC because he deserves one more year.

1. Zorn and the core players should stay intact. The knee jerk decisions made over the past decade have cost us dearly.

2. Snyder needs to fire Vinny and/or sell the team.

3. Draft linemen.

:applause:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

In 2005, Brennan's first season in the run 'n shoot, his season stats were:

350/515 68%, 4301 yds, 35 tds, 13 ints, 155 rating

Hawaii's out of conference schedule that year was against USC, Michigan State, and Wisconsin and his numbers against those schools were:

77/116 66%, 872 yds, 6 tds, 2 ints

Compare this with Bo Mitchell's, SMU's qb, 2008 numbers:

236/410 58%, 2865 yds, 24 tds, 23 ints, 124 rating

Mitchell's first year numbers in the system pale in comparison to Brennan's.

It shows that putting up big numbers in the run 'n shoot is not that easy to do. Brennan not only picked up the nuances of the system quickly, but he ran it efficiently and his numbers proved it.

The fact that Bo Levi Mitchell is even being mentioned on this board is hysterical. But I would wager that he isn't *quite* the caliber of a QB that Brennan is and will probably never play in the NFL, and he is also surrounded by an absolutely abysmal team around him (1-11 last year, only win was against 1-AA Texas State)

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics- yea Brennan's numbers don't look bad against those teams, until you consider they're throwing the ball like crazy, and it's not an air-it-out down field type of attack; June Jones' offense keeps things relatively simple, mostly relying on shorter passes to move the ball (ironically, the same thing the Brennanites accuse JC of doing too much.) But his per game averages in those 3 OOC games (290 yards, 2 TDs) aren't going to win Hawaii very many games the way their offense works.

Ok "in the playoffs" feel better?

Let's discuss after the draft although I doubt you will want to.

And if after the draft, etc JC is still our starter do we still have to look forward to you complaining about him being there no matter how well he plays? "Yeah, he won the game, but he only threw for 276 yards. That isn't an elite QB"."

It amazes me that a few pre-season games from a 6th round pick generates this kind of buzz. I dont get it.

I hope Colt develops into a solid player but what makes you guys think that he is better than JC?

This goes to show you how bad JC is playing, Whenever a starting QB is being compared to a rookie QB, then you need a new QB, period.

The fact that Bo Levi Mitchell is even being mentioned on this board is hysterical. But I would wager that he isn't *quite* the caliber of a QB that Brennan is and will probably never play in the NFL, and he is also surrounded by an absolutely abysmal team around him (1-11 last year, only win was against 1-AA Texas State)

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics- yea Brennan's numbers don't look bad against those teams, until you consider they're throwing the ball like crazy, and it's not an air-it-out down field type of attack; June Jones' offense keeps things relatively simple, mostly relying on shorter passes to move the ball (ironically, the same thing the Brennanites accuse JC of doing too much.) But his per game averages in those 3 OOC games (290 yards, 2 TDs) aren't going to win Hawaii very many games the way their offense works.

I agree, Mitchell may not be "*quite the caliber of a QB that Brennan is", but my point is that Brennan was able to learn a new system in his first year and run it quite efficiently. It is something that NFL rookie qb's need to do.

His 2nd year in the run 'n shoot is when he threw for 58 tds and you don't throw for that many tds relying mostly on a short passing game. It showed that once he knew the system, the offense really took off.

This is what I hope happens with Campbell. That once he gets comfortable with the WCO, the offensive production goes up. But if it doesn't happen with him or even Collins, I feel confident that Brennan will get the job done.

And if after the draft, etc JC is still our starter do we still have to look forward to you complaining about him being there no matter how well he plays? "Yeah, he won the game, but he only threw for 276 yards. That isn't an elite QB"."

It's less then 50% Jason is here after the draft so I guess we will have to wait won't we?

Or it just goes to show the ignorance of some in the fanbase

Oh I am a better informed fan since I know more then you argument. :doh:

What is to say you are not ignorant for wishing something would happen with JC that won't.

At least some of us have realized that something we were looking for in JC is not going to happen.

We are not sure whether we will get that something with Colt but let's find out and move on if we don't.

It's less then 50% Jason is here after the draft so I guess we will have to wait won't we?

There's a 100% chance you're wrong about that. I posted it in another thread but you never responded. How about a loser leave town bet, if he's gone, then I am gone from this board. If he stays, you go. Put your money where your mouth is dog.

There's a 100% chance you're wrong about that. I posted it in another thread but you never responded. How about a loser leave town bet, if he's gone, then I am gone from this board. If he stays, you go. Put your money where your mouth is dog.

You want to bet something neither of us have control over, interesting and 100% is pretty bold and wrong IMO but time will tell.

For what it's worth I don't want you gone just want to enjoy the banter and I will not leave here over a bet nor will I force you out. As for you mentioning it in another thread sorry but their is only so much of me to go around and I occasionally will miss a post here and there.

Happy Easter

What is to say you are not ignorant for wishing something would happen with JC that won't.

At least some of us have realized that something we were looking for in JC is not going to happen.

We are not sure whether we will get that something with Colt but let's find out and move on if we don't.

Unless Colt does well with a broken down offensive line (see the Bulldogs game), Jason is still our best bet until proven otherwise.

I wonder how many fans will flip flop once Jason breaks out this year??

Well it's obvious that Jason has these things working against him:

1. No continuity in an offensive system (different OC's and schemes year after year)

2. A shaky, injury prone offensive line (38 sacks last year, I can't stress that enough)

3. A mediocre group of receivers (Moss best suited to be a #2, ARE sucks, DT needs to step up this year)

Considering all of that, it's a wonder we managed to win eight games last year

I agree, Mitchell may not be "*quite the caliber of a QB that Brennan is"

At least we can agree on something

my point is that Brennan was able to learn a new system in his first year and run it quite efficiently. It is something that NFL rookie qb's need to do.

Campbell was being shuffled through different offenses all throughout his tenure at Auburn, and he still produced against considerably better competition

This is what I hope happens with Campbell. That once he gets comfortable with the WCO, the offensive production goes up. But if it doesn't happen with him or even Collins, I feel confident that Brennan will get the job done.

Well, I'll admit that JC has run out of excuses this season. It's a contract year, and he should be playing with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove after the Cutler debacle. He has the advantage of working with Zorn's scheme for a second consecutive year, and hopefully with some improvements to the OL and the emergence of Devin Thomas and/or Malcolm Kelly he can have a breakthrough year and we can sign him to a fat extension. If he fails to produce this season, then by all means give Colt a chance. I just don't understand the reasoning behind giving the starting gig to Colt (who, if I'm not mistaken, hasn't taken a single snap in an NFL regular season game) when Campbell had to put up with a lot of adversity last season and still had us in playoff contention in December. If JC doesn't produce in the first half of this season, then by all means give Colt a shot because under that scenario JC probably wouldnt be resigned anyways. Let's just see what he can do under a more favorable set of circumstances this season

Well it's obvious that Jason has these things working against him:

1. No continuity in an offensive system (different OC's and schemes year after year)

So you're saying that this is the year since it is his 2nd season under the same HC/OC. So we will see if he lights um up, or maintains his game manager attitude.

2. A shaky, injury prone offensive line (38 sacks last year, I can't stress that enough)

Still considering that the Redskins were 9th in sacks given up and the fact that the Lions scored more points than the Redskins is a testament to the the Defense and not so much to the offensive capabilities of Campbell.

3. A mediocre group of receivers (Moss best suited to be a #2, ARE sucks, DT needs to step up this year)

Considering all of that, it's a wonder we managed to win eight games last year

Again blaming the receivers that seemed to come alive under Todd. Again we hear the same excuses of it is everyone else's fault except Campbell. Face it, you guys will never see it the way we do. Why??? I don't know, but I still find it odd that you find it ok to blame an entire team when we need 1 QB to step up. That's all we are asking, step up and get us into post season.

If JC doesn't produce in the first half of this season, then by all means give Colt a shot because under that scenario JC probably wouldnt be resigned anyways. Let's just see what he can do under a more favorable set of circumstances this season.

I agree. Hail!

i can't wait until we bring in competition and colt gets cut. colt is so amazing he couldn't wrestle the #2 spot away from a 38 year old who had an amazingly hard time grasping the offense, a different one than he had studied for the last 12 years.

the whole premise of starting colt is absolutely absurd. he is a third string qb with flawed mechanics and still has a long way to go. that is a fact as said by the coach of the football team. he was inactive almost every game last year. fact again. no one who works for the redskins organization has ever said colt would start if jason struggles, in fact they just told a potential backup qb signing (Leftwich) that he would get the start if jason was "ineffective."

Colt coming in if Jason doesn't perform is merely the creation of boneheaded people on this site. you need to realize that. Colt hasn't even won the #2 job and yet you're going to crown him as the starter? come on.

as said by every redskins reporter since Joey T, the backup QB is the most popular position on the Skins roster.

i remember fans screaming for for every backup to start, which included ramsey and campbell. and they got what they wanted, and look at where we're at.

the FO has shown the lack of patience that we all love to admonish and blame the recent failures of this franchise on, yet members on here will continue to demand through cries of needing to start a 3rd string system kid with horrible nfl mechanics or drafting a qb when the offensive line's shortcomings last year paint a very visible line to the downfall of the season.

and for all of those who fight the 31 other teams skipped colt for several hundred picks until Zorn got a bone from Vinny to try to show he's can work miracles with qbs, remember who Brady was drafted by. it wasn't vinny and co.

Good grief! How'd that happen!?

So, Leftwich is going to Tampa. He know's he won't get to be the #1 guy here and we also know Snyderatto has seen enough of JC. COOOOOLT!

What does the fact that they were looking into Leftwich tell you? Not exactly a convincing case that Colt is the answer. If he plays well he will get the #2 job. He isn't going to start. Deal with it.

i can't wait until we bring in competition and colt gets cut. colt is so amazing he couldn't wrestle the #2 spot away from a 38 year old who had an amazingly hard time grasping the offense, a different one than he had studied for the last 12 years.

the whole premise of starting colt is absolutely absurd. he is a third string qb with flawed mechanics and still has a long way to go. that is a fact as said by the coach of the football team. he was inactive almost every game last year. fact again. no one who works for the redskins organization has ever said colt would start if jason struggles, in fact they just told a potential backup qb signing (Leftwich) that he would get the start if jason was "ineffective."

Colt coming in if Jason doesn't perform is merely the creation of boneheaded people on this site. you need to realize that. Colt hasn't even won the #2 job and yet you're going to crown him as the starter? come on.

as said by every redskins reporter since Joey T, the backup QB is the most popular position on the Skins roster.

i remember fans screaming for for every backup to start, which included ramsey and campbell. and they got what they wanted, and look at where we're at.

the FO has shown the lack of patience that we all love to admonish and blame the recent failures of this franchise on, yet members on here will continue to demand through cries of needing to start a 3rd string system kid with horrible nfl mechanics or drafting a qb when the offensive line's shortcomings last year paint a very visible line to the downfall of the season.

and for all of those who fight the 31 other teams skipped colt for several hundred picks until Zorn got a bone from Vinny to try to show he's can work miracles with qbs, remember who Brady was drafted by. it wasn't vinny and co.

Wow, you sound like a great expert in all things called football. Look, most of these guys are asking for an open competition because they've seen what Campbell can do, now they'd like to see what Brennan can do. Like it or not, Brennan has shown a lot of win mojo in the little time he's played in the NFL. If you're a stats kind of guy and you are very high on Campbell, know that Brennan in his first preseason stats when compared to Campbell was totally one sided in favor of Brennan. Please don't use the "He Played Against Scrubs." excuse because as I've pointed out, we are comparing their preseason stats for their rookie year. That is hard conclusive stats that we can use to compare the two. That it say anything?? Only that maybe Brennan should be given a serious look at and not blown off because he was a 6th rounder, or that he came from the WAC, or that he wasn't from the SEC, or that he wasn't drafted by Gibbs. Face it, none of us has seen what he could do against NFL 1st string talent and speed. So why not give the guy a shot?

Archived