Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll, who would you most like to have at QB?

redskins fan for life

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Portis getting banged up has nothing to do with the o-line. It has to do with the amount of carries. He damn near had 1,000 yds half way through the season. When Portis' production drops the entire O suffers. Our qb cannot take over a game. How about some long balls that go for TDs, put up some points, stop making every single game a grind for all the players because our qb cannot get some easy points.

I cant recall a time when the Skins got to play their backups in the 4th because they had a sizeable lead.

im loving the "portis sucked in the last half too".

he was fine against the steelers, fine against the cowboys, destroyed the seahawks, then wasnt allowed to play for 2 games.

thats 5 games out of 8 where you cant pin poor performance on him. he was avg 3.6 against the steelers, and for that D thats solid. cowboys he was averaging 4.5 a carry, and the seahawks he gashed for like 144. then he was given around 8-10 carries for the next two games because we fell behind so early and looked so bad. hard to grind out the clock like zorn wanted to do when we were down 14-0 and getting pummeled by the giants in the rain.

but we need more excuses for JCs lack of results.

Draft position has no bearing on how a player will perform. PERIOD. This has been debunked numerous times without me rehashing it. Colt performed remarkable in college, then in the pre-season he had the best numbers of any rookie qb including Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. Now going into his second season if he impresses in the pre-season again who are you or me to say he cant do better than Campbell during the regular season? Dont you want the best players playing regardless of draft position? Stop playing favorites and thinking just because JC was a 1st rounder he is automatically a Franchise QB and cant be challenged. It seems our FO has opened its eyes and you should too.

*wooosh*

That is my post going completely over your head. You asked what reasons I had to think Colt was drafted to be a backup. Teams do not draft QBs in the late rounds to be starters. Period. Doesn't happen. Tom Brady, etc, are flukes that come up in any unpredictable system. There are always outliers. The point is that if the Skins were looking for their next starting QB and were convinced it was Colt they would never have waited until the 6th to get him. It was simply a value pick and they needed a backup.

im loving the "portis sucked in the last half too".

he was fine against the steelers, fine against the cowboys, destroyed the seahawks, then wasnt allowed to play for 2 games.

thats 5 games out of 8 where you cant pin poor performance on him. he was avg 3.6 against the steelers, and for that D thats solid. cowboys he was averaging 4.5 a carry, and the seahawks he gashed for like 144. then he was given around 8-10 carries for the next two games because we fell behind so early and looked so bad. hard to grind out the clock like zorn wanted to do when we were down 14-0 and getting pummeled by the giants in the rain.

but we need more excuses for JCs lack of results.

Dude how can you even say portis was going as strong as he did in the second half. are you retarded? 3 out of his last 8 games he averged below 2.8... Thats not even anywhere near good. He only rushed for 100 yards once in his last 8 games but he rushed for over 100 yards 5/8 games at the beggining of the year. Im not questioning him as a player. He's one of the best runningbacks. But a running back can only take so much beating from a poor o-line.

I would like to know what an excuse to you is actually. Because to me it looks like im throwing out some lelgitimate facts straight from the statbook. But of course the ****ing morons who cant even think just wanna get the hawaiian kid in there. Oh yeah he'll solve EVERYTHING. . If he's still third string you should get the idea that the couches who evaluate him EVERY practice obviously dont think he has the ability to even be a good backup. If you have ever coached or played at the college level or higher then you know that no ones job as a starter is safe because everyone gets looked at. Im not making excuses for campbell, He still needs to improve... but dont be a ****ing idiot and stop the whole "cult of colt" its just making you look even dumber.

Dude how can you even say portis was going as strong as he did in the second half. are you retarded? 3 out of his last 8 games he averged below 2.8... Thats not even anywhere near good. He only rushed for 100 yards once in his last 8 games but he rushed for over 100 yards 5/8 games at the beggining of the year. Im not questioning him as a player. He's one of the best runningbacks. But a running back can only take so much beating from a poor o-line.

I would like to know what an excuse to you is actually. Because to me it looks like im throwing out some lelgitimate facts straight from the statbook. But of course the ****ing morons who cant even think just wanna get the hawaiian kid in there. Oh yeah he'll solve EVERYTHING. . If he's still third string you should get the idea that the couches who evaluate him EVERY practice obviously dont think he has the ability to even be a good backup. If you have ever coached or played at the college level or higher then you know that no ones job as a starter is safe because everyone gets looked at. Im not making excuses for campbell, He still needs to improve... but dont be a ****ing idiot and stop the whole "cult of colt" its just making you look even dumber.

23 posts and you might get banned for a few. Cool down!

It always amazes me to see how many people want Colt Brennan to start right now. I like the kid (based on the very little that I've seen). However, I wish I knew exactly what it is that he has that makes so many ES'ers think that he is The One.

Well when I look at his progression its easy to get excited.

Took his team to the state championship in H.S.

Took his Junior College team, his only year with them, to the state championship game.

Broke almost every passing record in college football.

Led HW to a #10 ranking in the country, never done before.

Learned Samoan and called plays with it. This shows me that he cares about being the leader of a team and goes the extra mile.

Had the best pre-season numbers of any rookie qb last year.

Reports out of the Skins shows he is well liked.

Colt is very accurate ,with a quick release. Tailor made for the WCO. Thats why Zorn drafted him. The only knock on him is his throwing motion. As of today, I have yet to witness this hinder his performance in any way.

The knock on Colt is that he was a "system quarterback." Came from a system where he threw the ball a lot. Therefore, that's why he put up the big numbers.

I've never been able to figure out that argument. Would you like him better if he came from a system where he turned around and handed the ball off 75 times a game? Would that qualify him to be a better qb? Someone please explain.

Well when I look at his progression its easy to get excited.

Took his team to the state championship in H.S.

Took his Junior College team, his only year with them, to the state championship game.

Broke almost every passing record in college football.

Led HW to a #10 ranking in the country, never done before.

Learned Samoan and called plays with it. This shows me that he cares about being the leader of a team and goes the extra mile.

Had the best pre-season numbers of any rookie qb last year.

Reports out of the Skins shows he is well liked.

Colt is very accurate ,with a quick release. Tailor made for the WCO. Thats why Zorn drafted him. The only knock on him is his throwing motion. As of today, I have yet to witness this hinder his performance in any way.

Ok let's not let facts get in the way ok? ;)

It always amazes me to see how many people want Colt Brennan to start right now. I like the kid (based on the very little that I've seen). However, I wish I knew exactly what it is that he has that makes so many ES'ers think that he is The One.

Personally for me... he brings excitement to the game. When he comes in you just have a gut feeling something good is going to happen.

I still hope JC does well because we would have wasted all our picks for him. But I cant say I feel the same when I see him in the game.

Example I like to use is, how the players carried the US Flag at the beginning of every game. Fletcher and Portis makes it so exciting... even though its just waving a flag... then you see JC being a complete stiff when he does it.

I'm speaking for myself, of course, but I bet many of the "Colt supporters" feel the same way...................it's not so much I think he's "the one"........it simply boils down to the fact that Campbell isn't........and he's a boring, mechanical QB with little ability to extend plays and make something happen. Colt may turn out not to be a whole lot, but there's an excitement he brings to the field Campbell cannot. He brings with him the promise of something better. Something much more dynamic. I've seen the Campbell show, and it makes me yawn. I'm ready for a change, and it seems to me I'm not alone.

I'm speaking for myself, of course, but I bet many of the "Colt supporters" feel the same way...................it's not so much I think he's "the one"........it simply boils down to the fact that Campbell isn't........and he's a boring, mechanical QB with little ability to extend plays and make something happen. Colt may turn out not to be a whole lot, but there's an excitement he brings to the field Campbell cannot. He brings with him the promise of something better. Something much more dynamic. I've seen the Campbell show, and it makes me yawn. I'm ready for a change, and it seems to me I'm not alone.

The QB must exude confidence and inspire the people around him to believe as well. If JC can pick up on some of this mystical stuff--he'd fare much better not just on the field as well, but in these ES polls as well. Colt has my confidence--I hope one day he'll get some regular season action as the starting or relieving QB for the Skins. Hail!

Portis getting banged up has nothing to do with the o-line. It has to do with the amount of carries. He damn near had 1,000 yds half way through the season. When Portis' production drops the entire O suffers. Our qb cannot take over a game. How about some long balls that go for TDs, put up some points, stop making every single game a grind for all the players because our qb cannot get some easy points.

I cant recall a time when the Skins got to play their backups in the 4th because they had a sizeable lead.

Excellent points :).

How fortunate for the rest of us that the F.O is equally unimpressed with the medicore qb play too. Yes we should upgrade and get younger on the O line,but WHEN?????????? does JC AS THE LEADER OF THIS TEAM STEP UP his game up despite whatever obstacles and CARRY THIS TEAM ON HIS SHOULDERS?? WHEN does JC become the EMOTIONAL LEADER for the offense?

Archived