Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll, who would you most like to have at QB?

redskins fan for life

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Isn't going to happen. Get used to it. Or you could keep whining. Your choice. Skins or Colt? Which one is it?

First part is true so you get used to it. Stop being so bossy PLEASE, all this crap with "get used to it" and anyone who doesn't like Jason is a hater. It's really getting old, REALLY.

God I can't wait until draft day.

Isn't going to happen. Get used to it. Or you could keep whining. Your choice. Skins or Colt? Which one is it?

I love how you snip my post and respond with this instead of quoting and addressing the whole thing.

I am #1 a Skins fan and if that means speaking the truth about JC then ya know what m8? I am gonna shout it from the mountain top.

~Irish

I love how you snip my post and respond with this instead of quoting and addressing the whole thing.

I am #1 a Skins fan and if that means speaking the truth about JC then ya know what m8? I am gonna shout it from the mountain top.

~Irish

Go ahead. Nobody is stopping you. There are others here who do nothing but shout it all day. It isn't going to change the fact that he is going to be the starter. I just hope that you don't change your tune if he plays lights out since you apparently know for a fact that he isn't a good QB.

Mistertim,

How much more proof do you need? You are just making excuses for bullocks play and expecting JC to magically morph into William Wallace on the NFL field of battle.

The FO knows it isnt going to happen. Thats why they shopped him out M8. He might start yes, but I think its 50/50 if hes even in a Skins Uni after the draft or heading into the season after preseason ..... let alone being "lights out." Being "lights out" isnt JC's Modus Operandi, in fact, his MO is the exact antithesis and is steeped in mediocrity.

What I dont understand is why fans continue to give him a pass. He is 4 year pro and still "working" on fundamentals.

~Irish

The fact that Colt Brennan is winning says a lot about this board. I'm not going to go into exactly what that is.

It says that they are tired of waiting for a franchise QB. Much like when the general consensus was for The Ol' 8 car to hit the garage and the fresh Jason Campbell to enter the starting line-up. JC was the unknown. He had a clean slate. No one knew if he was the answer but, that didn't matter. What they knew was that it was not Brunell. That was good enough for them. They already knew what Brunell had. Which was not enough.

I look at this Colt and JC thing to be kinda similar to that of Brunell and JC. Not exact. Just kinda. We already know what JC has. Which so far is not enough. Colt is the unknown. He has that clean slate.

Colt might not be that guy. He might not be the franchise quarterback that we all are longing for. You know what though? He might be. :whoknows:

JC finally gets a little continuity in the second year of the same offense and even though Snyder, Cerrato, & Co. tried to screw it all up by trading for Cutler, this *should* be a breakout year for Campbell- hopefully the additons of Dockery and the draft on the O-line, as well as the development of Devin Thomas should put him in an excellent position to succeed.

I can't, for the life of me, even begin to understand the infatuation with Colt Brennan. He succeeded in a gimmick offense in the WAC at Hawaii...it's not like Timmy Chang tore up the NFL. A good preseason doesn't necessarily translate into an All-Pro QB. I'm not saying he can't be good, but I feel like he's grossly overrated on this message board.

I can't, for the life of me, even begin to understand the infatuation with Colt Brennan. He succeeded in a gimmick offense in the WAC at Hawaii...it's not like Timmy Chang tore up the NFL. A good preseason doesn't necessarily translate into an All-Pro QB. I'm not saying he can't be good, but I feel like he's grossly overrated on this message board.

It's not like Chang tore up the WAC either. He had 5 years to get the numbers he had. Colt had three.

It's not like Chang tore up the WAC either. He had 5 years to get the numbers he had. Colt had three.

It's still a gimmick offense that never runs the ball against mediocre competition. June Jones, Brennan's old coach at Hawaii is now at my alma mater, SMU, and we throw the ball constantly. It's easy to put up big numbers in such a system, especially when the other team is Idaho or San Jose State. Again, I'm not saying he wont be a good QB, but I'm not convinced he's the second coming of Sammy Baugh, as are some on this board.

It's still a gimmick offense that never runs the ball against mediocre competition. June Jones, Brennan's old coach at Hawaii is now at my alma mater, SMU, and we throw the ball constantly. It's easy to put up big numbers in such a system, especially when the other team is Idaho or San Jose State. Again, I'm not saying he wont be a good QB, but I'm not convinced he's the second coming of Sammy Baugh, as are some on this board.

haha. I can dig that. :cheers:

From the looks of it, I get the feeling that Campbell, even with a good year, may only improve his chances of getting traded rather than extended ( Jason having no value to all the teams that were involved with the Cutler fiasco). I think the redskins got more lead in their gold then they thought when they drafted Campbell. Brennan continues to be a possibility, but why do I feel like the Redskins aren't planning around that possibility. My prediction:

Jason gets traded after a good year, or released after a bad year.

Zorn survives with a good season or fired if not.

Todd Collins retires after this season.

Redskins adds another aging QB to replace Collins

Redskins select QB in the 1st round in 2010.

Redskins have an open QB competition for 2010 season.

By then Brennan will have the most experience under Zorns play calling and if he can't win the job by then - I have no complaints about him never starting.

That "gimmick" offense taught him to have confidence in his abilities. When you do something over and over, you get better at it.

It takes a player with something special to tell his teammates "We're going to score on this drive" when he goes into the game as a rookie and then actually does it.

The kind of player who can take away the hype of Brett Farve's big debut with the Jets and steal the show is what I call a play maker.

Not even close and your response shows your true colors, try again.

Dude my true colors are burgundy and gold.. No question about that.. I don't think Brennan is the goods like so many Cult members do. I could be wrong, but usually (I know, I know-Tom Brady) NFL teams don't miss for 5 1/2 rounds on a QB. We've seen Brennan before. He was Timmy Chang, Danny Wuerffel, David Klingler, etc., etc., etc..

Any 'fan' who didn't see improvement in JC last year, don't comprehend learning 5 different offenses (which educated football people acknowledge is like learning an entire foreign language) in his pro career and think they know more about the QB position than our entire organization and everyone that covers them-all of which acknowledge Colt is at LEAST 2 years from being a reliable backup, is just clueless.

He's not a finished product, far from it, but the mentality that we'd be better off with a 6th round, 3rd string QB is just mind numbing.

Dude my true colors are burgundy and gold.. No question about that.. I don't think Brennan is the goods like so many Cult members do. I could be wrong, but usually (I know, I know-Tom Brady) NFL teams don't miss for 5 1/2 rounds on a QB. We've seen Brennan before. He was Timmy Chang, Danny Wuerffel, David Klingler, etc., etc., etc..

Any 'fan' who didn't see improvement in JC last year, don't comprehend learning 5 different offenses (which educated football people acknowledge is like learning an entire foreign language) in his pro career and think they know more about the QB position than our entire organization and everyone that covers them-all of which acknowledge Colt is at LEAST 2 years from being a reliable backup, is just clueless.

He's not a finished product, far from it, but the mentality that we'd be better off with a 6th round, 3rd string QB is just mind numbing.

I am saying that your response to what I posted is not similar in any way shape or form. I am not saying Colt is the answer but I am saying that Jason is DEFINITELY not and would take any of our back ups or a draft or a FA to replace him. Let's just wait and continue this after the draft shall we?

Archived