Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll, who would you most like to have at QB?

redskins fan for life

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

You must be a shut in because your world is pretty small. Most of the people I talk to think more of Colt than Jason, and they aren't even Redskins fans. They don't care who starts for the Redskins, but they all say Colt looked more exciting to watch. Gee, I wonder why? Can you say TouchDown??????

You think they would be excited to watch him get sacked over and over because he was behind an old and injured o line?

emo, i was specifically referring to last year with sorgi as an example of how the preseason means nothing.

you might as well hang your preseason championship shirt right next to your offseason championship shirt.

wait, didn't someone who didn't win any regular season games do better in the preseason?

that can't be right, the preseason is an actual barometer of the regular season correct? the number are meaningful, correct? the seattle seahawks had the best offense in the NFL this season correct?

you have yet to throw out colt brennan's regular season numbers compared to jason campbells.

he doesn't have any, and until he does everything you say is based on games that don't count when backups and non-rosters play more than starters do.

it's just like bringing up college numbers. tom brady won the heisman right?

there is little league i.e. college/preseason

then there is the big league. some kids can light it up in college but just can't do anything in the nfl where everyone that they play is among the best at their position, instead of a loose collection of college kids with varying experience levels.

the truth is, and pay attention cultists:

THIS ENTIRE START COLT BRENNAN MOVEMENT WAS CREATED AND IS COMPLETELY CONTAINED AMONGST THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD, IT HAS NEVER BEEN GIVEN REAL CREDENCE BY ANYONE WHO HAS ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT THE MATTER.

and while i'm on the point of ignorances in fan bases, i've read on pittsburgh's board that they don't want big ben starting. he doesn't throw deep enough, he's a game manager. start byron leftwich.

winning is winning is winning.

if colt brennan gave us a better shot to win, he would start. simple as that.

we tried to give up 2 first rounds for ochocinco, jay cutler, and now possibly mark sanchez.

this owner is not afraid to put anyone in who he thinks could help this team win, and he and vinny override zorn anyday so you can drop the conspiracy about zorn trying to save his job.

shhh....colt brennan is a cure all. he actually played his best ball when he was under duress.

see georgia game.

For JC, see Cincy game with NO pressure and inability to do anything from a passing standpoint and being outplayed by Ryan Fitzpatrick.

No one blames Jason for the Pittsburgh game but people are not conflating that one game or moments in other games for unrelenting pressure and sacks on Jason. That is not the case.

That Georgia game was an outlier for Colt because he literally had less than 2.5 seconds on a great number of plays. And PLEASE "Tiger" (no homerism there) don't try to give me any garbage about Jason NEVER having time. it's all excuses with you people.

Funny, how my Sixth Round Michigan player (and whenever Griese got picked--NOT first) outperformed your SEC Golden Boy, just about immediately in their own careers, while you and your ilk still make excuses for a guy who has yet to do a thing---WHILE OTHERS HERE have gone to the playoffs with the same cast!

shirt right next to your offseason championship shirt.emo, i was specifically referring to last year with sorgi as an example of how the preseason means nothing.

Haha, there is a difference between the backup of one of the best QBs of our time, and the backup of a 5th year player barely hanging onto his job.

For JC, see Cincy game with NO pressure and inability to do anything from a passing standpoint and being outplayed by Ryan Fitzpatrick...

You could also blame the offensive line for opening up no holes for Portis, which in turn allows the defense to key in on our receivers.

An offense lives and dies on the line.

You could also blame the offensive line for opening up no holes for Portis, which in turn allows the defense to key in on our receivers.

An offense lives and dies on the line.

Yeah, like it was Portis' fault that the line couldn't always open up holes when Brunell was QB in 2004 or at the end of 2005 when Brunell was gimped up.

Just magically happened that Portis' production declined.

When teams don't have to respect your passing attack, they'll load up to stop your run. Some teams can still run but we shouldn't expect to be able to be all things at all times. It's like you expect the line to both lift Portis to greatness AND enable Campbell to read defenses and throw to receivers on or before their break.

Instead you get a guy who can't throw to anyone unless they are wide open and is bad in the middle of the field unless it's Cooley coming back for the ball. Campbell gets time and is still not very good. hate to break it to you.

For JC, see Cincy game with NO pressure and inability to do anything from a passing standpoint and being outplayed by Ryan Fitzpatrick.

That Georgia game was an outlier for Colt because he literally had less than 2.5 seconds on a great number of plays. And PLEASE "Tiger" (no homerism there) don't try to give me any garbage about Jason NEVER having time. it's all excuses with you people.

Funny, how my Sixth Round Michigan player (and whenever Griese got picked--NOT first) outperformed your SEC Golden Boy, just about immediately in their own careers, while you and your ilk still make excuses for a guy who has yet to do a thing---WHILE OTHERS HERE have gone to the playoffs with the same cast!

nibbs mcpimpin swings....

and misses

i hate the SEC. my name on here has nothing to do with any sports program at all.

i went to The Ohio State University. and if you want to talk about michigan players outperforming OSU players, feel free. it's been quite a few years since michigan has beaten OSU and it will be quite a few more.

so these aren't collegiate colored glasses I'm wearing. they're burgundy.

and these glasses see an nfl qb vs. a college wonder who every expert under the sun has said is not nfl ready.

sorry if that doesn't make sense to you.

and if you want to talk about someone outperforming someone else how about you try that with the same team.

Cincy's horrible right?

bad enough to tie the eagles who made the nfc championship game.

chad johnson

tj whosyourmama

chris henry

vs.

santana moss

randle el

james thrash

how about you go ahead and rank those players in order of talent.

you know what i remember from that game?

benson having a field day with our defense.

There isn't a rule against the mentally challenged being allowed to vote so its not surprising.

Do you remember that feeling when Brunell was sucking it up and all you could think about was JC sitting on the bench for over a year and how after 2 pre-seasons he should be ready to roll?

Please answer the question.

Do you remember that feeling when Brunell was sucking it up and all you could think about was JC sitting on the bench for over a year and how after 2 pre-seasons he should be ready to roll?

Please answer the question.

Yes, people remember that feeling when our 1st round draft pick and obvious heir apparent to the position was sitting on the bench. Colt was drafted to be a backup. If that. He won't be starting. Give it a rest already.

So Jason is entitled to the position and shouldn't have to compete?

Good job completely avoiding my point. But he competes every day he is out there. Zorn has watched him and has watched Colt. He has determined that Campbell is the better of the two. Actually, he has determined that he might not even be able to take the #2 spot from a 38 year old. You can say its a conspiracy or that you know more than he does, but at the end of the day it simply doesn't matter.

Yes, people remember that feeling when our 1st round draft pick and obvious heir apparent to the position was sitting on the bench. Colt was drafted to be a backup. If that. He won't be starting. Give it a rest already.

Colt was drafted as a backup, says who? I guess you have to be a 1st round qb to start, huh? I'll take a chance on Colt to see what he got over what I know I'll get from Campbell, which isnt much, anyday.

Colt was drafted as a backup, says who? I guess you have to be a 1st round qb to start, huh? I'll take a chance on Colt to see what he got over what I know I'll get from Campbell, which isnt much, anyday.

Sorry, but teams do not draft a QB in the 6th round if they are thinking he is going to be a starter. If the Skins thought he had starting caliber material they would never have waited until the 6th round to pick him up. And please, don't waste the time to say "but Tom Brady was a late pick". Yes he was, but I can pretty much promise you the Pats had no intentions of him being their starting QB when they drafted him. It is simply a value pick. You think the guy could be decent and is young so you grab him late in the draft.

Sorry, but teams do not draft a QB in the 6th round if they are thinking he is going to be a starter. If the Skins thought he had starting caliber material they would never have waited until the 6th round to pick him up. And please, don't waste the time to say "but Tom Brady was a late pick". Yes he was, but I can pretty much promise you the Pats had no intentions of him being their starting QB when they drafted him. It is simply a value pick. You think the guy could be decent and is young so you grab him late in the draft.

Draft position has no bearing on how a player will perform. PERIOD. This has been debunked numerous times without me rehashing it. Colt performed remarkable in college, then in the pre-season he had the best numbers of any rookie qb including Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. Now going into his second season if he impresses in the pre-season again who are you or me to say he cant do better than Campbell during the regular season? Dont you want the best players playing regardless of draft position? Stop playing favorites and thinking just because JC was a 1st rounder he is automatically a Franchise QB and cant be challenged. It seems our FO has opened its eyes and you should too.

Look at Jason's and Clinton'sfor weeks 1-8. Pretty good.. Now for weeks 9-17 look at how Jasons rating goes down, sacks against him go up, Clinton's numbers go down... Does that give you the slightes hint that mabye It isnt all Jason's fault. Mabye Portis didnt produce as much. Hm well lets think about why that might be. Im not sure but it might not be a bad idea that mabye the offensive line was too beaten and couldnt give him holes to run. Now mabye thats why Jason had increased sacks and a lower rating. Just perhaps.. Without a running game, or protection, or superstar recievers that get open in 0.5 seconds.. the lacking offense might not be all of his fault...:doh:

You mean when Portis got literally run into the ground weeks 1-8 and couldnt sustain that level, not that any rb could, and the O had to run through JC and he couldnt handle it? Yeah, I remember that.

Really, without Portis this O stinks. When he is fresh all of a sudden the O-Line performs and JC gets open targets. When he is banged up and not effective and we rely on the arm of JC everything goes to ****.

Really, without Portis this O stinks. When he is fresh all of a sudden the O-Line performs and JC gets open targets. When he is banged up and not effective and we rely on the arm of JC everything goes to ****.

When Portis is fresh it means he's getting actually blocking and not getting beaten up. When that happening campbell gets open recievers because his receivers have actuall time to get open.

If our o-line would stay healthy id rate them at at least average. But their mostly too old and they can only stay healthy for so long. We need younger linemen.

Archived