Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins to Reassure Campbell (Dan and Vinny to meet with QB)

SMOSS89

I don't know about all this talk of the team getting behind JC. Portis has come out and said Colt will be a great QB when given teh chance. And it was stated on this board that alot of the players like to hangout with Colt. Sounds like they rally around him more then JC. And yes I am all for a giving Colt a chance to see what he can do.

You guys do realize that the Broncos CHOSE KYLE Orton OVER Jason Campbell right?

Not to mention NO other teams that desperately needed a QB wanted him.

What does that tell you?

Yeah, I have no doubt this FO called all the desperate teams like SF, Minny, Jets, etc, and couldn't get anything near what they thought for him, and I'm not surprised. We aren't the laughingstock of the NFL for no reason.

EDIT: laughingstock is a bit of an overreaction. It could be ALOT worse.

You guys do realize that the Broncos CHOSE KYLE Orton OVER Jason Campbell right?

Not to mention NO other teams that desperately needed a QB wanted him.

What does that tell you?

You realize the Broncos also chose Kyle Orton over Jay Cutler right?

What does that tell you?

They have an offensive line that sent 7,, count em SEVEN RBs to IR last season, and to top it off they have a disgustingly BAD defense with so many holes it's likely those picks they acquired will go towards fixing it. So instead of having a defense with a QB that will win games for them they'll have a better defense and a significantly worse offense.

The Broncos are running to stand still, and you respect their opinion.

I wonder what that should tell us about you?

~Bang

You realize the Broncos also chose Kyle Orton over Jay Cutler right?

What does that tell you?

They have an offensive line that sent 7,, count em SEVEN RBs to IR last season, and to top it off they have a disgustingly BAD defense with so many holes it's likely those picks they acquired will go towards fixing it. So instead of having a defense with a QB that will win games for them they'll have a better defense and a significantly worse offense.

The Broncos are running to stand still, and you respect their opinion.

I wonder what that should tell us about you?

~Bang

The Broncos didn't really have too much of a choice did they Bang? Cutler wanted out (unless you believe that he didn't want to be traded). The Broncos are on record saying that they watched film on Orton and chose him out of the other offers including Campbell.

It has nothing to do with respecting Denver's opinion. Tell me, who else wanted Campbell for a 2nd? That's the main issue.

The Broncos didn't really have too much of a choice did they Bang? Cutler wanted out (unless you believe that he didn't want to be traded). The Broncos are on record saying that they watched film on Orton and chose him out of the other offers including Campbell.

It has nothing to do with respecting Denver's opinion. Tell me, who else wanted Campbell for a 2nd? That's the main issue.

I am sure that the Broncos wanting Orton has NOTHING to do with the fact that the Bears gave them all those picks. :doh:

The only thing I would be promising is if he does not get us to the playoffs that he will be looking for a job somewhere else. This I need to be in a system longer then M.Ryan and J.Flacco does to put up there kind of numbers is getting old and is a cop out. He just does not have the grit and mental toughness or the smarts to read and react quickly. And by the way he gets sacked more because he holds the ball to long and has a slow release unlike J. Cutler.

But, you just mentioned two organizations that have talent, depth and a competent front office that actually works with the coaching staff and knows what it's doing.

But, you just mentioned two organizations that have talent, depth and a competent front office that actually works with the coaching staff and knows what it's doing.

Ditto. Plus, I think it's unfair to compare Campbell to a rookie QB like those. I'm no JC fan, but Ryan and Flacco are more the exception than the rule.

i love all the posts on here about how jason is saying the right things. why do any of you care what he says? i can get on the radio too and say all that nice fluffy classy stuff. it doesnt translate to production or wins, it just makes him look stupid.

hes the equivalent of the guy you bring in to interview, you ask him a legit question, and he gives you the generic text book answer thats so thin and lame you wonder why he answered the way he did. and so many of you get excited about stuff like this.

if anyone has seen "the untouchables" theres a great scene where sean connery is looking for a 3rd member for their outfit, so he goes to the academy shooting gallery with kevin costner. theres two guys there, he brings the first one over. the first guy reminds me of jason campbell. says the right stuff in a dullard voice, no pizzazz.

the next guy they bring over is andy garcia, dude attempts to give the right answer, gets yelled at, then proceeds to pwn sean connery with his swagger.

we need andy garcia from the untouchables playing quarterback.

I was referring to the times when the FO would state that Campbell was the unconditioned starter (to build his confidence). These times include: after Collins did that 4 game winning streak, after that season ended, the last preseason, and this offseason.

Not to mention, he had to "heal his psyche" because of the criticism he received during the '08 season.

That's not his fault. The baby's Cutler not Campbell. Oh wait, he didn't really want to be traded and never put his house on sale and his phones and e-mail were all not working.

it doesnt translate to production or wins, it just makes him look stupid.

Sure it does. Everyone's talking about how stupid Jason Campbell looks right now.

Archived