Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins to Reassure Campbell (Dan and Vinny to meet with QB)

SMOSS89

The Broncos didn't really have too much of a choice did they Bang? Cutler wanted out (unless you believe that he didn't want to be traded). The Broncos are on record saying that they watched film on Orton and chose him out of the other offers including Campbell.

It has nothing to do with respecting Denver's opinion. Tell me, who else wanted Campbell for a 2nd? That's the main issue.

Sure they did, their best option was, is and always will be to have had Pat Bowlen tell his kiddie coach to shut up and sit down when the notion of trading for Matt Cassell was first tabled.

If he had done that, he wouldn't be stuck with a QB that is half of what he had in Cutler.

Having to choose between Orton and Campbell is only a reality because they were the ones who screwed the pooch in the first place.

~Bang

You know, we could probably just whip it out for any random lady and pull better tail, but we keep letting the fat-chick-who-might-be-semi-decent-if-she-lost-a-couple-of-bills cry her needy tears on our encumbered shoulder. Patting her and reassuring her, dreaming of a day when those folds of fat, stretch marks, and spider veins magically vanish and we'll finally be able to parade her in front of our snickering friends without them snickering quite as much. Then it'll allllllll be worth it.

Right.

Classy.

wow, 14 TDs, 3400 yards, 5 INTs, the 4th worst TD% in the league, and a QB rating of 85.

we'd be crazy not to lock that up for 10 years! lol

We all get the sarcasm...But those numbers from Campbell, 1500 yrds total from Portis and the ground game, plus the Skins' 4th ranked defense that should be better with the addition of AH and any luck with some of these draft picks and you actually might have a team that can go deep into the playoffs. ;)

They'd also have to Remember winning the 87 trophy with an 11* win team. Without a legit starting QB much less a elite QB.

*Three of those wins were with The Replacements.

Not saying we didn't have a good 8-5 team during the non-strike games.

Just saying.

We all get the sarcasm...But those numbers from Campbell, 1500 yrds total from Portis and the ground game, plus the Skins' 4th ranked defense that should be better with the addition of AH and any luck with some of these draft picks and you actually might have a team that can go deep into the playoffs. ;)

well thats what i think we should strive for. a mediocre offense carried by a defense that doesnt bring the heat, all so we can hopefully win 9 games, get the last wild card spot, then get mutilated by teams that are actually really good.

sounds good to me. obviously you missed our last two playoff appearances. one featured one a win with the worst offensive display in playoff history, the other two the seahawks just took us to town.

cant we do better than that? ill gladly watch us go 4-12 for two seasons if were headed in the right direction and theres something to build on. campbell's jersey should read: WRONG WAY

When you say "that baby"...are you referring to Cutler or Campbell? Campbell has acted like a man throughout this ordeal. I can't say the same for Cutler.

You hit the nail on the head with that one. After reading this about Campbell:

While Snyder and Cerrato signaled to everybody that they didn't think Campbell was good enough for them, you know what he did? "I still went and worked out," he said. "My teammates said, 'Jason, why are you here?' And I told them: 'I'm still the quarterback of this team until they get rid of me. You haven't seen the best of me. I'm not here for ownership. I won't miss days working out with you, and I won't miss time preparing for the season. Who knows? A trade may not work out.' "

I want this guy to succeed more then ever. Succeed and earn a HUGE paycheck from Snyder. He is a class act. Everything he has said is about his team: the teammates and the coaches. This is the complete opposite of Cutler. I hope Campbell goes on to a Pro-Bowl year more then ever, and for more reasons then ever!

What do you think hes going to say? He doesnt have the talent of Cutler so he cant throw his team other the bus. Yes, I agree that he is probably a better human being that Cutler but he probably knows he has no other options other than the Skins and that was made evident yesterday. Either he takes it or he's bagging groceries down the road.

Without trying to bash the guy, let's be honest.

His career high in TDs is 13. His career high in wins is 7. It wouldn't take much for him to break those. And he's not likely to get the head start he had last year again.

'he's not likely to get the head start he had last year again'

Why not? His OL will be better, his running back will be fully healthy, his receiving corps will be as good as anything in the NFC, his defense will be even better than last year.

Why not start 6 and 2 --- or better ??

Ditto. Plus, I think it's unfair to compare Campbell to a rookie QB like those. I'm no JC fan, but Ryan and Flacco are more the exception than the rule.

I had been comparing the 3 all week. I think its a fair comparison because rookies aside, both Flacco and Ryan were learning a new playbook under rookie head coaches, just like Campbell. Both Flacco and Ryan put up comparable numbers to Campbell, Ryan's numbers were actually a little better than Campbell's. Would you say that Ryan had more to work with than Campbell last year? I wouldn't say the Falcons' o-line was one of the best in the league and I don't think there was a huge difference between their WRs and RB and ours. Flacco played in a ball control offense and still put up about the same numbers as JC. So I don't think the comparison is that off.

because we didnt sign cutler, unless we go 10-6 or better this year, zorn and campbell are both gone. and maybe some of you forgot what our offense looked like last year, but we'd be lucky to go 8-8.

this reminds me of 2004 all over again. complete inept offense with a great defense. 6-10 it is and a complete restart.

Dude.... Nobody forgot our offensive problems last year. Don't put that all on JC. Chris Samuels was playing on one leg, Kendall proved to be too small to play in the NFC East, Randy Thomas is on the decline, Jansen..... well... I don't have to go there, Malcolm and Devin weren't ready, new coach, new system..... Dude... don't put it all on JC.

There will be improvement this year in the Skins offense. They are a rhythm offense. When they get better play from key positions around JC, JC will be better. How much better? We'll see.....

Dude.... Nobody forgot our offensive problems last year. Don't put that all on JC. Chris Samuels was playing on one leg, Kendall proved to be too small to play in the NFC East, Randy Thomas is on the decline, Jansen..... well... I don't have to go there, Malcolm and Devin weren't ready, new coach, new system..... Dude... don't put it all on JC.

There will be improvement this year in the Skins offense. They are a rhythm offense. When they get better play from for key positions around JC, JC will be better. How much better? We'll see.....

they wont dude. campbell wont cut it. samuels got injured during the last month of the season if i remember.

and why are thomas and kelly gonna be ready this year? thats a complete mystery.

campbell isnt on the another hand. we should all be well aware of what weve got in him.

and improvement from what? our offense was ranked 28th in the scoring. do you really see us jumping to the top 15?

our offense in scoring since 2004:

2004 - 15 ppg: 31st

2005 - 22.4 ppg: 16th

2006 - 19.2 ppg: 20th

2007 - 20.9 ppg: 20th

2008 - 16.6 ppg: 28th

now, somehow without changing quarterbacks, keeping the same line minus a RT, and two rookie WR who to this point have done nothing, were going to miraculously improve these numbers to make our offense competitive? because its campbells second year in a system?

insanity. our offense is going to suck again.

they wont dude. campbell wont cut it. samuels got injured during the last month of the season if i remember.

and why are thomas and kelly gonna be ready this year? thats a complete mystery.

campbell isnt on the another hand. we should all be well aware of what weve got in him.

and improvement from what? our offense was ranked 28th in the scoring. do you really see us jumping to the top 15?

our offense in scoring since 2004:

2004 - 15 ppg: 31st

2005 - 22.4 ppg: 16th

2006 - 19.2 ppg: 20th

2007 - 20.9 ppg: 20th

2008 - 16.6 ppg: 28th

now, somehow without changing quarterbacks, keeping the same line minus a RT, and two rookie WR who to this point have done nothing, were going to miraculously improve these numbers to make our offense competitive? because its campbells second year in a system?

insanity. our offense is going to suck again.

OK - I read in another post of yours that if the Skins, especially the offense, improves this year - you will take down your silly sig

and go away

is that true?

OK - I read in another post of yours that if the Skins, especially the offense, improves this year - you will take down your silly sig

and go away

is that true?

You're wasting your time. Once BLC gets his mind set on something he doesn't let up until it is 100% settled, signed in triplicate, and passed by Congress. He was absolutely convinced, up until he actually DID become a bust, that Alan Branch was going to be an absolute monster and we HAD to draft him #6 overall. Even though his stock was going down the tubes after many reports of him being lazy, etc. He ended up going early in the 2nd and has done zero in Arizona.

I had been comparing the 3 all week. I think its a fair comparison because rookies aside, both Flacco and Ryan were learning a new playbook under rookie head coaches, just like Campbell. Both Flacco and Ryan put up comparable numbers to Campbell, Ryan's numbers were actually a little better than Campbell's. Would you say that Ryan had more to work with than Campbell last year? I wouldn't say the Falcons' o-line was one of the best in the league and I don't think there was a huge difference between their WRs and RB and ours. Flacco played in a ball control offense and still put up about the same numbers as JC. So I don't think the comparison is that off.

this is not just a new system for the players ... but it is also a new system period. Jim Zorn has never been an OC, let alone called plays. We need to realize that Kam Cameron is an established OC and a well know developer of QB's. He knows what works and what doesn't and he has many years of experience running an offense. I'm not sure who the OC for the falcons is, but I believe that person has experience calling plays on game day as well.

This was not just JC trying to learn a new offense, it was an entire team learning an offensive system that was put together by a rookie OC and HC. Comparing Flacco (who had the #2 defense in the league behind him) is apples to oranges ... and although Ryan did not have the defense the ravens had, he certainly had a lot of talent around him. I believe Ryan is one of those special players that doesn't come along very often.

The comparisons to Flacco and Ryan are different IMO and not relevant to JC. These are not JC excuses, he needs to improve and step it up regardless because that's what franchise QB's do, but some of these comparisons to other teams, players and offensive systems ... are completely different situations. Just my take.

You're wasting your time. Once BLC gets his mind set on something he doesn't let up until it is 100% settled, signed in triplicate, and passed by Congress. He was absolutely convinced, up until he actually DID become a bust, that Alan Branch was going to be an absolute monster and we HAD to draft him #6 overall. Even though his stock was going down the tubes after many reports of him being lazy, etc. He ended up going early in the 2nd and has done zero in Arizona.

woah there, i wanted us to sign branch because i wanted dline help, whcih we still need. i never said he was going to be incredible, but i did want us to draft him.

and as time passed, it was clear branch wasnt worth the 6th, but i admit i wanted him in the 2nd. plenty of people here thought when he fell we were gonna try and snag him with a trade.

and go away

is that true?

ill never go away, but ill give you my sig for an entire year.

wait til the season gets a little closer, ill come up with my bet for the season. there will be two separate ones, each side of my sig is up for grabs.

there will be a campbell bet, and an overall offense bet. and ill win both cause if you look at our offensive history, there isnt anything other than hope to suggest that its gonna change this year.

The Redskins are the Ashburn Volunteer Fire Department. Unfortunately, Danny and Vinny are arsons. Today's fire is just the latest in a long line caused by these idiots.

Last year we started 6-2 and finished 2-6. That's not a healthy trend. Look for more fires to be put out next offseason. Ugh.

I am sure that the Broncos wanting Orton has NOTHING to do with the fact that the Bears gave them all those picks. :doh:

I think one of us is missing the point and it may be me...

But wait - the Broncos stated very clearly that they watched tape on Orton and out of what was being offered (Bucs - no idea) (Skins- Campbell) and Bears (Orton) they chose Orton over the other options.

Of course they wanted all the draft picks - but I'm sure the Redskins would have given up the same amount AND Jason Campbell. The deal was broken when the Broncos decided that they wanted ORTON OVER Campbell

Right?

I think one of us is missing the point and it may be me...

But wait - the Broncos stated very clearly that they watched tape on Orton and out of what was being offered (Bucs - no idea) (Skins- Campbell) and Bears (Orton) they chose Orton over the other options.

Of course they wanted all the draft picks - but I'm sure the Redskins would have given up the same amount AND Jason Campbell. The deal was broken when the Broncos decided that they wanted ORTON OVER Campbell

Right?

Wrong. They don't want any of those guys. The Bears offered this year's third along with two 1s. The Skins didn't have a second, so obvisously they can't part with their third.

Orton will be a backup if not this year, then next year. Campbell would have been a backup. They're going to draft or make a trade for their QB. Now they have the ammunition to work with. They're looking long-term. The Broncos know that any new QB they bring in right now will be a 2-3 year project, until he learns the system. AND they still have major holes in their defense.

Archived