Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Redskins Trying to Land Cutler (Updated)

MarkMissoula

You could be absolutely correct on that one. My opinion is he's young and has a good upside. He's only started for, what, a half a season. Give him some time. Doc use to BLOW when he first started at Guard. Remember that fumble he caused on the one yard line? I can't remember who it was against but he wasn't anything to write home about in his first year.

At least he's under 30 :)

Another concern I have about Stephon Heyer is his durability. He never seems to be able to last more than a few games, and this is two straight years, plus didn't he suffer an injury in college which knocked him into UDFA territory?

Funny, I didn't ARE has what I call the Plaxico/T.O/R. Moss effect.

LOL, EL is the best WR in the league... No, but seriously I think Thomas could have an impact this coming year. Kelly, I'm not so sure about. But you are correct - the skins WR corp is sad outside of Moss. I'm still willing to give Kelly and Thomas a shot... well Thomas more.

This team really does infuriate me. We're so terrible of an organization that we can't/won't develop talent. Based on the articles I've read' date=' if there was ever any doubt about who's running this organization, we now know, definitively, that it is Dan Snyder and Cerrato is forever the stooge. [b']Their mantra: either a guy produces from day 1 or he deserves to be benched, cut, or traded immediately. Sadly, our fans are no different[/b].

My brother used to work for Snyder Communications, and that's EXACTLY how Little Danny ran that business too. He doesn't want anyone around to tell him the truth, he wants obedience.

Another concern I have about Stephon Heyer is his durability. He never seems to be able to last more than a few games, and this is two straight years, plus didn't he suffer an injury in college which knocked him into UDFA territory?

I have no idea. He was just one of those players that no one even thought twice about during the draft. I'd be curious to know the answer to that as well. Anyone??

You know how this board gets during the games and after a loss :) I personally would enjoy watching a quarterback willing to go deep and throw the deep out and to different WR's NOT named Santana!

Sorry, I can't say I'd really enjoy watching poor decisions that lead to turnovers and points against us. As I said, it is easier to get away with that stuff when you have the type of WR that can just take the ball and outmuscle CBs. We simply don't have that unless one of our young guys makes enormous strides this year.

My friend and his wife are from that area originally and they are Broncos fans so I have watched some games at their place. From what I've seen, Cutler will make a couple of great passes/plays and then follow it up with something completely boneheaded. Remember those horrible INTs JC had year before last vs Dallas and TB? Think that kind of stuff. Making a very poor decision and then trying to force it. Remember how some people went wild about how bad JC was because of those turnovers? Yeah.

My scenario:

Colt + #13 to Denver for Cutler

Campbell to Detroit for #33

We get a solid OL, LB, or DE with #33

If a trade does go down that's the scenario I'm hoping for, too.

We upgrade at QB, are still able to draft a quality OL in round 2, and pick up a strongside LB in round 3.

My scenario:

I'd be thrilled with that scenario, but doubt that will get it done. I'm just curious what y'all think and while I know it's a secondary issue, what happens when we trade both our qbs? Doesn't that make qb another draft need? Especially with our oline.

No way we get Cutler for only the 13th pick and JC or CB.

It's going to take at least two firsts I bet.

Then we need to stick with what we got.I dont wanna give up multiple early picks........and definitely dont wanna give up somebody like cooley or landry

No way we get Cutler for only the 13th pick and JC or CB.

It's going to take at least two firsts I bet.

Detroit has already balked at trading #1 for Cutler straight up.

Tampa has #17 and no QB

Cleveland has already said no to #5 and Quinn

Trust me, it wont be for as much as you think...

My scenario:

You have to be kidding. You think Denver is going to give up Cutler for our 1st and a 6th round QB who has never taken a snap in a regular season NFL game? Even a 1st and Campbell probably wouldn't be enough considering how many teams are probabaly interested. It would probably be at LEAST a 1st, Campbell and a 2nd.

Im not leaning either way.

But, to those of you that are critisizing the OL and saying that Cutler wont be able to do anything behind them. Well does that mean that Jason will do even less??

Cmon think about what you are saying. A huge majority believe that Cutler is much better then Campbell, so if you put either one behind our OL what are you going to get??

And before you say "if we dont trade for Cutler then we can draft an offensive lineman with the 13th pick. Well that great stratagy if it would work out that way. But whos to say there will be an Ol available at #13.

And since most mocks, and many ES fans talking LB or DE, and some even whispering QB, then their goes that OL stratagy, doesnt it?

Remember those horrible INTs JC had year before last vs Dallas and TB? Think that kind of stuff. Making a very poor decision and then trying to force it. Remember how some people went wild about how bad JC was because of those turnovers? Yeah.

I don't remember other people's reactions to that at the time. I can only speak for myself and I didn't mind. I knew that JC was progressing and learning the system. Which leads me to another point. JC doesn't suck at all, I just don't believe he is the right QB for the WCO. JC was drafted by Gibbs to be a game manager and he's excellent at doing that. Ala Gerard in Jax.

JC can't keep on learning different offenses every year. So if this trade doesn't pan out - the better for JC. I'll still support him, but I think he gets one more year and if he doesn't show significant signs of improvement then maybe it's time to look at Brennan and elsewhere

Archived