Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Redskins Trying to Land Cutler (Updated)

MarkMissoula

To Daniel M. Synder:

PLEASE SELL THE TEAM!!! PLEASE!!!!! PLEASE get a real GM, Vinny is a great racquetball partner but a crappy "GM." Please Danny, end our suffering. You are a good man, Coach Joe said so, but end our suffering and your embarrassment....SELL THE TEAM!!!!

Floyd

The only teams that would even consider JC are the absolute worst teams in the league. Those with absolutely NO starting QB.

There isn't a team in the league thinking, "You know what, our qb is pretty good, but boy would that JC be an upgrade."

Not one.

This is too funny!

How do you know this, did you talk to all the teams? Maybe you used the Shwartz!

It's a wonder why your are not a pro scout, really!

HAIL!

Portis will be one happy dude. You cannot stack 8 men in the box against Cutler. I'm sorry there is no chance a team would be that stupid even with our sub par WR corp.

You can stack 8 in the box against ANYONE if they only have one threat at WR and their OL is porous and needs an extra TE in to block most of the time. Even if Cutler is that good, which is completely up in the air IMO, he isn't going to suddenly make our O linemen block better, get younger, or stop getting injured. And he isn't going to make ARE actually get separation, get Devin Thomas to run routes correctly, or make Kelly's knees work.

With our OL and lack of receiving threats I think Cutler would be an INT machine here. In Denver he had a great OL as well as plenty of receiving talent...and he still threw a bunch of INTs. You can toss up risky passes to a guy like Brandon Marshall who can just plain crush DBs with his size and strength. You can't do that when your best WR option is a small deep threat guy.

http://www.denverexaminer.problitz.com/sports/broncos/20090401-Cutler-Trade.html

Broncos have deal in place to send Cutler to San Francisco

The Broncos will acquire three draft picks and quarterback Alex Smith in the deal

By Matt Baubo - print article

Published: April 1, 2009

The Denver Broncos have the framework of a deal in place to trade disgruntled starting quarterback Jay Cutler to the 49ers, a source close to the team reports. The 49ers will reportedly send their first and third round pick in this year's draft (10th and 74th overall), their second round pick in the 2010 draft, aging safety Mark Roman, and former first overall pick Alex Smith.

To Daniel M. Synder:

PLEASE SELL THE TEAM!!! PLEASE!!!!! PLEASE get a real GM, Vinny is a great racquetball partner but a crappy "GM." Please Danny, end our suffering. You are a good man, Coach Joe said so, but end our suffering and your embarrassment....SELL THE TEAM!!!!

Floyd

Dear Mr. Snyder,

Please disregard people like Floyd.

Farbod

http://www.denverexaminer.problitz.com/sports/broncos/20090401-Cutler-Trade.html

The Broncos will acquire three draft picks and quarterback Alex Smith in the deal

The Denver Broncos have the framework of a deal in place to trade disgruntled starting quarterback Jay Cutler to the 49ers, a source close to the team reports. The 49ers will reportedly send their first and third round pick in this year's draft (10th and 74th overall), their second round pick in the 2010 draft, aging safety Mark Roman, and former first overall pick Alex Smith.

wow...

Oh god, PLEASE let it be true.

To Daniel M. Synder:

Floyd

So, should he sell the team first, then hire a new GM? Or the other way around? Or only a new GM? You got me confused here :D

not true....read everything below it lol

haha, I just saw that..This is what it says on the bottom of the link.

This April Fools story has been brought to you by 49erswebzone.com. If you have read this far, you probably already figured that out.

"This April Fools story has been brought to you by 49erswebzone.com. If you have read this far, you probably already figured that out."

This team really does infuriate me. We're so terrible of an organization that we can't/won't develop talent. Based on the articles I've read, if there was ever any doubt about who's running this organization, we now know, definitively, that it is Dan Snyder and Cerrato is forever the stooge. Their mantra: either a guy produces from day 1 or he deserves to be benched, cut, or traded immediately. Sadly, our fans are no different.

Read the whole article its an april fools joke

I'm not so sure I buy this as legit, especially given the "Around the NFL" blurbs in the same April 1 article..... ;)

Example:

"Arizona Cardinals QB Kurt Warner will no longer be using his trademark gloves on the field this season. When asked why he merely responded with, "God told me not to wear them." No word from the team as to how this will affect his throwing motion."

John Keim is reporting this is all Snyder. That Zorn is completely out of the loop.

No surprise there. Remember when Snyder tried to get Briggs without even consulting Gibbs?

I dont think Zorn has a say because if Cutler comes aboard Mike Shanahan will probably come too at some point so Zorn's opinion doesnt matter. I'd be more upset about losing Zorn than Campbell. Personally I dont care if its Campbell and Zorn next year, Cutler and Mike Shanahan or any combination of the four.

to comply with the rules, could you please re-title this thread, "jlc: Redskins trying to land cutler" thanks:)

as much as jlc is late to the show, this is a confirmation of sorts. There was really nothing but speculation until now.

its all still speculation, wheres the name of the source???

Well if we dont do this trade (which i pray we dont) or lose out somehow to anohter team (assuming the rummors are true in the 1st place) are we going to have JC PO'd now that vinny/zorn told him no interest in cutler and your our guyand they (potentialy) tried to trade him?! This is the make/break year for JC IMO-- if the Oline holds up he could have games like week 4 in dallas all year(again IMO). As for Colt, he played against 3rd string defenses so im sorry im not 100% sold on him being our starter.

Archived